Toner

Nicci32Nicci32 Registered Users Posts: 113
What type of natural toner n moisturizer does everyone use? When do u use them (morning, night, only winter or summer)?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlTalk App

Comments

• VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
    You can easily make your own toner....green tea (predominantly) + whatever else floats your boat...witch hazel, lemon juice, ACV (which I shy away from simply because I have a hard time getting past the odor), distilled water, rosewater...anything you want. By adding a little vodka as a preservative, it will last a long time in the fridge. I use 2 tsp. vodka for 4 oz. of toner. HTH!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • naturallycreolenaturallycreole Registered Users Posts: 112
    I bought rose water for my hair last year, but use it also for my face as a toner. It's 1 product that is great, cheap, and I can get it easily on the ground. It's great to keep your skin ph balanced. I use AO Rosa Mosqueta Moisturizing Cream. My skin tends to be a little dry as we have hard water and sometimes dry air.

Will you look back on life and say I wish I had or I'm glad I did. -Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk-
  • Nicci32Nicci32 Registered Users Posts: 113
    I forgot about witch hazel havent used that since I was a teen. But hearing alot about rosewater. Thanks ladies

Do u use the toner before ur moisturizer? Am/pm

• naturallycreolenaturallycreole Registered Users Posts: 112
    Yes, always before the moisturizer.

Will you look back on life and say I wish I had or I'm glad I did. -Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk-
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    I use a vitamin C toner/serum in the morning. Water + 100% L-ascorbic acid.
    At night I use witch hazel with some glycerin mixed in. I'm planning on adding some niacinamide at some point in the future.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Registered Users Posts: 4,162 Curl Connoisseur
    I'm oily and acne prone so I try to use a toner with either gycolic acid and/or salicylic acid (no more the 2%). The two the I return to over and over again are clean and clear toner (sensitive skin) or neutrogena pore refining toner. These are easily found in drug stores, grocery stores, and big box store for less than $5 a bottle.

As for moisturizer, I use Kiehl's sodium pca oil free moisturizer ($26 for 4oz). Don't let the price/size fool you, I've been using the same 4oz jar for 2 months and I have about 1/2 a jar remaining. I know some people like to use a "fresh" jar sooner than every 3-4 months, so they also have a 2oz jar for $18, however the 4oz jar is the better buy. I usually scoop out about a week or two worth with a clean spoon and transfer to a smaller jar so that i'm not constantly dipping into the bigger jar.

Since I'm oily and acne prone, I wash, tone, and moisturize morning and night. I find that the toner helps with oil production, cell turnover, and treating blemishes, while the oil free noisturizer keeps my skin from getting too dry. This is my holy grail of skin combinations that keeps me even toned and acne free (minus the monthly 1-2 hormonal pimples).
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    Vitamin c toner serum?

• pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    Nicci32 wrote: »
    Vitamin c toner serum?

There are tons of DIY recipes out there. There are some on essentialdayspa.com and makeupalley.com. C serum loses potency quickly. You can only mix up a few days at a time with say a propylene glycol/water/l-ascorbic acid mixture. I decided to keep it simple and mix 1/8 tsp l-ascrobic acid with 1 tsp distilled water daily. I found the recipe here. You may have to sign up with make up alley (free) to read this link.
    http://makeupalley.com/user/notepad/StAmourOwl
    I just notice I can up my l-ascorbic acid to 1/4 tsp.:glasses3:
    ETA: 1/4 tsp was too strong. If anyone tries this, start with a smaller amount and you can work your way up.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file