Detox

Nicci32Nicci32 Posts: 113Registered Users
Anyone have any natural/ homemade detox recipes?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlTalk App

Comments

• curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Water and fibre.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • Curly ChicCurly Chic Posts: 79Registered Users
    Starting a lemon/olive oil cleanse

Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
    :happy7:BC 5/17/2010, 3C/4A Porous hair, Current staples: Garnier conditioners, Coconut & Grapesead Oil, Ecostler gel, Shea Butter mix, Elasta QP mango butter, Loreal sulfate free shampoo, Aphogee protein treatment, Henna & Ayurvedic Herb Treatments:dontknow:
  • Nicci32Nicci32 Posts: 113Registered Users
    Curly chic am I using lemon juice or real lemons n do I mix this with water? How often do I take it?

Curly laura any particular brand fiber n how often to take?

Should I do a liquid diet for a few days with any of these suggestions n thanks for the info.

I'm assuming you pee and poop? That is your body getting rid of waste. You do not need to 'detox'. Drink plenty of water, exercise, eat good food and high fibre food and that's all you need, your body will naturally take care of the rest.

'Detoxing' is a scam. I'm not a fan and will not advocate its use.
    Nicci32 wrote: »
    Curly chic am I using lemon juice or real lemons n do I mix this with water? How often do I take it?

Should I do a liquid diet for a few days with any of these suggestions n thanks for the info.

Hi Nicci32,
    Detoxing is not a scam. Yes eating right & drinking plenty of water are healthy ways to live your life. But our bodies do store impurities that pee & poo don't always flush out. It's not for everyone but it can rejuvenate your system if done correctly.

Liquid cleanses are the most effective & effecient but it's not for everyone. Some people cannot handle not eating solid food so you may want to evaluate if your body can handle that before attempting that type of detox. There are many different detox regimens out there. The one you choose should be based on your specific needs. The lemon/olive cleanse is a liver detox which consists of mixing 8oz of lemon juice from a real lemon with or without pulp with 2 tlbs of olive oil. Mix with a blender or shaker. Drink in am & pm. Throughout the day you could drink herbal tea and vegetable juice.

There are also juice cleanses, smoothie detox, detox soups, raw vegetable detox, detox teas & the master cleanse which consists of lemon, cayenne, maple syrup and water.

Before starting any cleanse I would research on the internet the different type of detox cleanse diets to see what kind is best for you.
    :happy7:BC 5/17/2010, 3C/4A Porous hair, Current staples: Garnier conditioners, Coconut & Grapesead Oil, Ecostler gel, Shea Butter mix, Elasta QP mango butter, Loreal sulfate free shampoo, Aphogee protein treatment, Henna & Ayurvedic Herb Treatments:dontknow:
  • evelynnalfredevelynnalfred Posts: 324Registered Users
    I'm on the last day of a juice fast/detox. I don't know if it works for everybody, but it worked for me
    I'm on the last day of a juice fast/detox. I don't know if it works for everybody, but it worked for me

How many days did you do? I did a 5 day juice detox last summer & it worked great for me to. So sad, my juicer is broken.
    Thanks for your help. I will definitly do the research. I was thinking about doing soup. the juice detox sounds great would definitly like more info on this. Thanks ladies

Evelyn, how long did u do the juice detox?

• Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Curly Chic wrote: »

Hi Nicci32,
    Detoxing is not a scam. Yes eating right & drinking plenty of water are healthy ways to live your life. But our bodies do store impurities that pee & poo don't always flush out. It's not for everyone but it can rejuvenate your system if done correctly.

Liquid cleanses are the most effective & effecient but it's not for everyone. Some people cannot handle not eating solid food so you may want to evaluate if your body can handle that before attempting that type of detox. There are many different detox regimens out there. The one you choose should be based on your specific needs. The lemon/olive cleanse is a liver detox which consists of mixing 8oz of lemon juice from a real lemon with or without pulp with 2 tlbs of olive oil. Mix with a blender or shaker. Drink in am & pm. Throughout the day you could drink herbal tea and vegetable juice.

There are also juice cleanses, smoothie detox, detox soups, raw vegetable detox, detox teas & the master cleanse which consists of lemon, cayenne, maple syrup and water.

Before starting any cleanse I would research on the internet the different type of detox cleanse diets to see what kind is best for you.

Ita. Detox's are not for everyone but we shouldn't knock those who do decide to do them. Just like everything in life some things work for others while some do not & all detox's/juice/water fasts are really all about mind/self control anyway. Once you get past the first 3days its a breeze for me & the more I do them the less detox symptoms I have.

I have done multiple water/juice fasts. I typically do the traditional master cleanse (however I do use cayenne pepper pills instead of just mixing it in...its a lot more tolerable for me) but currently I am on a water/green tea fast that I plan on doing for 40days.

Congrats on reaching the last day. How many days did you do & what type of juice are you using?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png

Hi Nicci32,

Ita. Detox's are not for everyone but we shouldn't knock those who do decide to do them. Just like everything in life some things work for others while some do not & all detox's/juice/water fasts are really all about mind/self control anyway. Once you get past the first 3days its a breeze for me & the more I do them the less detox symptoms I have.

I have done multiple water/juice fasts. I typically do the traditional master cleanse (however I do use cayenne pepper pills instead of just mixing it in...its a lot more tolerable for me) but currently I am on a water/green tea fast that I plan on doing for 40days.

Congrats on reaching the last day. How many days did you do & what type of juice are you using?

You are so right...after the first 2 or 3 days you're really not even hungry. Can you please tell me more about your 20 day green/tea water fast?
    I heard of water lemon juice n cayanne but cant get past the cayanne the pills r a great suggestion.

Hi Nicci32,

You are so right...after the first 2 or 3 days you're really not even hungry. Can you please tell me more about your 20 day green/tea water fast?

I'm keeping my water/green tea fast pretty simple. I drink as much DISTILLED water (perfect water for fasting bc it aids in helping to flush your body) as I can throughout the day (I make sure its ICE COLD bc you burn more calories this way. Your body has to work harder to heat the cold water to body temperature thus expending more calories) especially when I get the urge to eat & I drink 1cup of Yogi Green Tea Blueberry Slim Life tea in the am upon waking.

If I'm really busy I will drink it twice a day bc it provides you w/a energy boost & helps to suppress your appetite but do not consume after about 6pm bc it will keep you awake a little longer. I also continue to take my prenatal (no I'm not preggos but its a great multivitamin) & I take my biotin every am as well. This also helps cut down on any detox symptoms I may have).
    I heard of water lemon juice n cayanne but cant get past the cayanne the pills r a great suggestion.

Yea I just couldn't deal with the cayenne pepper in the drink. Some people like it but it was too much for me. I use the GNC brand and I only take it twice a day. When I'm doing the master cleanse I drink 6 glasses of lemonade. I take the 1st pill with the first glass & the 2nd pill with the 4th glass. The pills actually give you a little more pepper than the cleanse calls for but I have never had a problem.

The only thing is to make sure you take the pill w/your first gulp of lemonade so you can follow the pill w/the rest of the drink. Not all the time but occasionally if I don't do so I will feel a little burn from the cayenne pepper in my chest, but if I trace that w/a glass of cold cold water it goes away rather quickly.

HTH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree with curlylaura. The only people who need to "detox" are those addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. All this talk of toxins and cleansing is pseudoscience.
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

Cheetara wrote: »
    I agree with curlylaura. The only people who need to "detox" are those addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. All this talk of toxins and cleansing is pseudoscience.

The whole thing has been proved crap by scientists, real scientists.

The reason you lose so much weight so quickly is because you're
    1) losing water weight, you pee and sweat it out and can risk becoming dehydrated.
    2) you're not eating anything.
    3) lots of 'detox cleanses' are laxatives, so anything in there is coming out. You'd get the same effect using an enema.

There are no 'toxins' coming out.

People use 'cleanses' as a quick way to lose weight usually because they don't want to put in the time and effort to lose the weight safely. The weight didn't go on overnight, so it won't come off overnight.
  • aa9072aa9072 Posts: 201Registered Users
    I am currently on day 2 of the master cleansing diet!

Girl! I am 4lbs lighter on day 2! Doing it for 14 days.

I would advice to do research and choose the detox that you will feel most comfortable with!

Good luck chica :-)
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I'll answer this thread as I answered the master cleanse thread -

Cleanses/fasts/detoxes aren't always about losing weight. People have been fasting in various ways for various reasons over the centuries. For health reasons, for religious reasons, etc.

I'm not a fan of many of the current cleanses so I just don't do them. But I am a fan of short fasts/detoxing and do them a couple times a year. They wake up my body, rev up my metabolism, give me energy, and just make me feel good!
    My favorite 'fast/detox' is a basic 7 day version. 1st day - only water and tea. 2nd day - all fruit. 3rd day - all veg. 4th day - all protein. 5th day - start adding in foods from the other food groups slowing over the next few days.

People should do what feels right for them (as long as they do their research and don't ruin their health).
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • aa9072aa9072 Posts: 201Registered Users

Cleanses/fasts/detoxes aren't always about losing weight. People have been fasting in various ways for various reasons over the centuries. For health reasons, for religious reasons, etc.

I'm not a fan of many of the current cleanses so I just don't do them. But I am a fan of short fasts/detoxing and do them a couple times a year. They wake up my body, rev up my metabolism, give me energy, and just make me feel good!
    My favorite 'fast/detox' is a basic 7 day version. 1st day - only water and tea. 2nd day - all fruit. 3rd day - all veg. 4th day - all protein. 5th day - start adding in foods from the other food groups slowing over the next few days.

People should do what feels right for them (as long as they do their research and don't ruin their health).

Loving ur positive vibes and how u can disagree with something yet not come off as rude or a "know it all"! U rock!! Thanks so much for your response :-)
  • evelynnalfredevelynnalfred Posts: 324Registered Users
    I did the juice fast/detox for seven days.

I used pretty much any fruit and veggies I wanted to taste: Carrots, cucumber, kale, cherries, apples, mango, etc.

I'd add protein powder too, and also took vitamins and fiber.
    aa9072 wrote: »

Loving ur positive vibes and how u can disagree with something yet not come off as rude or a "know it all"! U rock!! Thanks so much for your response :-)

Ita. Beautiful response!

To the others, I am on day 3 of my water/green tea fast & doing well. Would luv to hear others updates!

event.png

event.png
    Fasting/detoxing is not always about weight loss. Many religions fast for spiritual renewel & clarity. Its not for everyone but as someone who has reaped the health & emotional/spiritual benefits I can only say that it works for me.

Fasting/detoxing is not always about weight loss. Many religions fast for spiritual renewel & clarity. Its not for everyone but as someone who has reaped the health & emotional/spiritual benefits I can only say that it works for me.

Totally agree. My sons father is Muslim and fasts each yr for Ramadan. I have also experienced health benefits as well from my pancreatitis by fasting. If I were to go into the hospital each time I had a flare up they would make me NPO (just another term for fasting which most of us have gone thru when admitted to the hospital in some form or another). By doing it myself at home I stay in my comfort zone, do not have to deal w/the pain meds I would get in the hospital and am up and feeling better again alot sooner than I ever have by going to the doctor.

event.png

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file