smokey eyes?...im lost

curlykristxcurlykristx Registered Users Posts: 445
anyone have any tips or easy instructions for a strong or smokey eye look?

got a special nite coming up need some help:)

Comments

• afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    If you haven't already, check out Youtube. Tons of tutorials out there.

Easy Smokey Eye
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • curlykristxcurlykristx Registered Users Posts: 445
    well i have browsed youtube but id like any tips or suggestions fron the ladies here,ive learned so much from them :D
  • JosephineJosephine Registered Users Posts: 14,408 Curl Connoisseur
    I've never looked at a tutorial but I probably should to improve. All I've done is put black or almost black eyeshadow all over my lids a little below the browline. If I want it darker I put on more layers. I use a blending brush to get the black color more even over my eyes. I apply a light nude color at the browline and then blend the separation. I don't know if that helped at all but that's what I do. And I wear black eyeliner on the upper and lower lid.
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Registered Users Posts: 3,861 Curl Neophyte
    For me, I've learned from youtube tutorials also. I never knew how to apply eyeshadow until I saw it being done. Now it's super easy, even with my hooded eyelids which can sometimes be a challenge.

What I do for smokey eyes, I like to use either a silver & brown color pallette or a pale pinks & brown color pallette. First, I apply the lightest colors in the corner of my eyes and on the brow bone. Then, the medium tone color on the middle of my lid almost up to the browbone. The last color I use is the darkest, which I apply on the outer corner of my eyelid, and sweep it 1/4 towards the center of my crease. This usually turns out really well. I don't have any pictures of this though.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    even though i'm a makeup person the youtube videos have been the most helpful to me. the one tip i can add is i use the same brush instead of different brushes. i like the way this method allows the colors to blend better. smokey is a technique, not colors. you can do a smokey eye with any colors. if you don't really want to do a color then brown and black look better to me than gray and black. if you you have a super dramatic smokey eye go for a neutral lip. most companies have a smokey eye kit or compact if you're clueless on pairings. that may be an option if you need it. good luck!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • curlykristxcurlykristx Registered Users Posts: 445
    well i tried but ended up looking like a druggie or that whole heroin sheek makeup look,i think its to much for me but gosh i love it on others!
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Registered Users Posts: 5,400 Curl Connoisseur
    luvmylocs wrote: »
    smokey is a technique, not colors. you can do a smokey eye with any colors.

I agree. Maybe you just need to find the color pairing that is right for your eye coloring. You can do smoky eye with purple, blue, brown, or even orange!

I takes some practice. I'm still not perfect with it. I think I need some more brushes.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Registered Users Posts: 4,162 Curl Connoisseur
    My smokey eye go to look is a neutral smokey eye with gold, bronze, and dark browns. For me this gives me the best versatility....dramatic yet not too dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    I tried doing things the other way around to get actual smokey eyes..lol.

I put the darkest color (dark grey/gunmetal) on my lids, then in the crease I applied a fuscia from the center to the outer edge, and blended the demarcation line of the two colors. Last I lined in a black liner on the top lid only, and I have a nice smokey look which actually works for the office. I put all my makeup on the top lid only.. I didn't sweep any color to my bottom lid (that closes my eyes too much).

The look I got was similar to this picture:

hot-pink-make-up-style-4.jpg
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • Debh366Debh366 Registered Users Posts: 218
    That is really pretty, BekkaPoo! Beautiful!
    ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Cowash: Suave Strawberry, Tresseme Naturals Moisture
    Lopoo: L'Oreal EverSleek
    Style: Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Gel, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel, sometimes Alba
    Techniques: Just use ShamWow after I put product in damp hair and crunch. Works well for me, my hair holds a good wave all day. 2nd day hair is even better.
    Thanks Debh! Just so you know, that's not my eye..I just found an image on google which has the look I am wearing.
  • Debh366Debh366 Registered Users Posts: 218
    Ah, well it's still very pretty. :)
    ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Cowash: Suave Strawberry, Tresseme Naturals Moisture
    Lopoo: L'Oreal EverSleek
    Style: Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Gel, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel, sometimes Alba
    Techniques: Just use ShamWow after I put product in damp hair and crunch. Works well for me, my hair holds a good wave all day. 2nd day hair is even better.
    Thanks again. :) You just have to be careful with this look or else you might look like someone just punched you in both your eyes.
  • warnnerwarnner Registered Users Posts: 3
    Hi..............
    Awesome BekkaPoo eye look so nice.I think if you use some silver eye shade then eye look more beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.:icon_smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file