Critique this face 2

The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
A friend of mine, who is freaked out by the thought of wearing too much makeup. So I did a pretty natural look on her.

Before:

2037198.JPG

After
2037199.JPG
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    she looks younger and happier in the after pic. my only thought would have been to do a color on the lid like a green, a pretty purple or even a bronzey color if she wanted neutral but i understand if she wasn't open to a real color or looking "made-up"
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Tremendous work, P.

I would have liked a more colorful lipstick, but you did her right by respecting her request for a light touch.

LOVE the eyes.
  • LISA LISALISA LISA Registered Users Posts: 566
    You are sooooo good at what you do!! A true artist!
    Simply beautiful.
    Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
    Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981
    I want her to work on me when we meet up in November.

I can't believe the improvements she makes (no offense to her clients).
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    ninja dog wrote: »
    I want her to work on me when we meet up in November.

I can't believe the improvements she makes (no offense to her clients).
    Shoot! You must not have gotten my reply. I thought I'd be coming to the Burgh for a wedding, but the wedding is in DC. I was wondering why you didn't respond when I mentioned that before. Now I know; you didn't see it. Dang, sorry, Ninj. We'll figure something out though.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    Nooooooooooooo!

When when when?
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    As a woman who hates a lot of color on my face, I like this one. She looks happier, and her eyes look bigger.

I like that you listened to her. I've asked for help with natural/neutral looks at counters before and got too many ladies insist that I needed some garish color or overdone bronzer. The Sephora near work had bern the only exception where two different people have said that my features and coloring would look best with minimal face color.

Her eyes look very nice, and I like the lip color.

ETA: Oh, I'm also glad she doesn't have liner on her waterline. I find that that looks weird on people with smaller eyes.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • ShrekLoverShrekLover Registered Users Posts: 2,551 Curl Neophyte
    She looks great in the after.
    Thanks all!
    As a woman who hates a lot of color on my face, I like this one. She looks happier, and her eyes look bigger.

I like that you listened to her. I've asked for help with natural/neutral looks at counters before and got too many ladies insist that I needed some garish color or overdone bronzer. The Sephora near work had bern the only exception where two different people have said that my features and coloring would look best with minimal face color.

Her eyes look very nice, and I like the lip color.

ETA: Oh, I'm also glad she doesn't have liner on her waterline. I find that that looks weird on people with smaller eyes.
    I actually put white e/l on her waterline to open up the eyes. But yes dark e/l would've made her eyes look too small.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Wow! Great work! Next time you're in Austin.....

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Great improvement. Love the eyes. Outstanding.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    She looks great. I would have preferred a less shimmery lip color, but that's personal preference. And I think her blush is a tad bit too low on her cheeks. I like it higher on full faces.
  • midgimidgi Registered Users Posts: 2,409 Curl Neophyte
    She looks great. I would have preferred a less shimmery lip color, but that's personal preference. And I think her blush is a tad bit too low on her cheeks. I like it higher on full faces.

Low blush is actually a trend right now :icon_smile:
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
    midgi wrote: »

Yes, I applied the color low purposely to slim her face. It's called contouring.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    Phoenix wrote: »
    midgi wrote: »

Yes, I applied the color low purposely to slim her face. It's called contouring.

You contour with pink blush color? I would think you would do that with a darker/more-flesh color, or even a bronzer, and then use pink on the apples to draw attention to them. The pink in the middle of the cheeks doesn't seem to slim.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    It seems to have slimmed on her.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • theliothelio Registered Users Posts: 5,374
    she looks happier. and i like her eyes and her lips. she really doesnt look like she is wearing makeup.

When will you be in DC, so i can make sure i'm available!!:mrgreen:
    I have to double-check the date of the wedding. I believe it's in November though. I'd love to meet you!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    I think it's a really nice look for someone who wants a "light touch."

I feel like making her eyebrows a little stronger could bring out her eyes more. But I only know how to apply makeup on my own face :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file