Fall Out?

Hey guys,
So I'm thining of getting a BKT this next week before I head back to school. One thing that's really freaking me out is the people who have said that their hair has fallen out/is falling out. I've read that fall out can be caused by applying the treatment to the scalp, but I've also read it can be due to the high heat needed to lock in the treatment. Is this even a valid fear to keep me from getting the curls I've always wanted?? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• grantswansongrantswanson Registered Users Posts: 39
    I've lost 75 percent of my body and although my curls are finally grown out, they are so limp and lifeless~! I was a 3a/ 2b/c before, now I'm just drab -_-
    Naturally soft but dull, mixed porosity, doesn't like heavy protein, but does like heavy oil and butters.

Currently only use a sudsy shampoo 3x a week
    Homemade oil blend
    Kevin murphy motion lotion (need something else)
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Registered Users Posts: 521
    it all depends on your hair texture and brand of treatment. Google a brand that has had NOTHING but great reviews and try it. It also depends on how it was applied.

I've BKT'd for a year and I'm happy :-)
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
  • jy11jy11 Registered Users Posts: 19
    Know more about, Google brand, only great reviews and give it a try.
  • anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    Frizzbal22 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    So I'm thining of getting a BKT this next week before I head back to school. One thing that's really freaking me out is the people who have said that their hair has fallen out/is falling out. I've read that fall out can be caused by applying the treatment to the scalp, but I've also read it can be due to the high heat needed to lock in the treatment. Is this even a valid fear to keep me from getting the curls I've always wanted?? Thoughts?

Thanks!

I've had both the Coppola Keratin treatment and the Brazilian Blowout, and I only noticed a little bit of hair falling out at first (usually after I wash it). It isn't enough to keep me from getting the treatment.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • elenaaelenaa Registered Users Posts: 190
    Hairguru17 wrote: »
    it all depends on your hair texture and brand of treatment. Google a brand that has had NOTHING but great reviews and try it. It also depends on how it was applied.

I've BKT'd for a year and I'm happy :-)

i agree with this ^
    just do your research and make sure you ask alot of questions
    i just recently did this and my hair is TIGHT 3c curls and THICK.
    ive lost alot of body but my curls are still there and also dont get it thinking that your hair will be super straight its only supposed to relax the curl and make it managable
  • Natural411Natural411 Registered Users Posts: 19
    A friend of mine gets the Keratin every 6 months.
    She said that it just elongated her curls. Did not take it away. She has no breakage and does nothing but rave about it. The hairdresser told her to stay away from sulfates, so she uses Ebene Naturals' Cleansing Cream or WEN cleansing conditioner to wash. To wear it curly, she switches back and forth between Miss Jesse's curly pudding, Shea Moisture Curl Enhanicng Smoothie and Ebene Natural's Shea Butter Curl Defining Cream.

Like you, I've been afraid to try it. Still not sure that I would go there. Would not want my hair to fall out, but she seems to be having great success with it. She even had it done on her 8 year old's hair.
  • Joyce M.Joyce M. Registered Users Posts: 4
    YES!!!! Depending on your hair type (mine was frizzy/curly and baby fine strands, but lots of it), it can indeed fall out!!!!! It may be the application, but for mine, it dried my hair out SO BAD that when I am washing/conditioning (not protein conditioner!) it, I can barely get my fingers in it, it is so knotted/tangled! YES, I did use "sulfate free" shampoo/conditioner and still do! I get this wad of tangled hair that slides down my wet hair, finally settling at the ends, and then I pull it off! Lose LOTS of hair, every time I wash it, but luckily, even though it is baby fine strands, I have a lot, so when it's dry it doesn't look too bad, but this business about it not damaging your hair and all and being "good" for your hair and making it "healthy" is bull ---!!!!!! My hair is trashed, and will either need to be cut off or grow out...it did not last 3-4 months on me, it is PERMANENT!!!! Before this procedure, all I ever did to my hair was color it about 3 to 4 times a year (I have about 20% grey, as I am 54), blow dry it about once a week, and flat iron it about once a month, so I didn't get bad results because my hair was previously damaged; it was not. Now, I have to moisturize the mess out of it every time I wash it, don't wash it more than once a week, light blow dry, NO flat iron, NO coloring, NO processing of ANY KIND, and put jojoba/avocado oil on it when dry (not on the scalp, but everywhere else)!!! I WILL NEVER GET THIS KERATIN PROCESS AGAIN!!! BTW, the heat used during the process is extremely HOT, and they repeatedly go over and over the same section of hair with the HOT iron when your hair is wet with the keratin product on it!!!! Would NOT recommend it, but some people with course/thick hair have had different and better results, so it does seem to vary with your hair type...read some of the other posts here. Some have liked it, but some have said it trashed their hair, like mine did...REMEMBER THIS THOUGH, WHATEVER YOU DECIDE TO DO, NO "PROCESS" IS EVER "GOOD" FOR YOUR HAIR, NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE TELLS YOU, EVEN HAIRDRESSERS. IF IT IS CHANGING THE STRUCTURE OF YOUR HAIR, THEN IT IS DAMAGING IT, PERIOD! THAT IS THE HONEST TRUTH, SO THINK ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU REALLY WANT STRAIGHT HAIR, AND IF YOU COULD JUST DEAL WITH SOME FRIZZ AND BLOW DRY OR FLAT IRON (NOT DAILY) INSTEAD, WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE HAVING IT STRAIGHT, OR MOSTLY STRAIGHT.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file