Need reviews of Simply Smooth Keratin Repleneshing

KyCurlyKyCurly Registered Users Posts: 4
I am considering getting the Simply Smooth treatment. My stylist charges 45$ and it is supposed to last 6-8 weeks. Did the BKT years ago and it did not help the frizz or make my hair straight. Please let me know if you have done the Simply Smooth and liked or disliked the results. Many thanks!!!!

Comments

• anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    I've had the Keratin Smooth (not sure if that is what you mean), and it was terrible!! It made my hair more frizzy and curly than before.

I like the Coppola Keratin and the Brazilian Blowouts the best. Good luck!!
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • susirenesusirene Registered Users Posts: 45
    I did the Simply Smooth treatment about a month ago... and was pretty unimpressed. I've had a true keratin treatment (supposedly formaldehyde free... heh...), and this simply did not compare. I maybe notice a TOUCH less frizz, but other than that... not much. Plus no hairwashing for 4 days! UGH. (I am a modified CG, low-poo girl, otherwise my scalp gets cranky).

My hair is pretty classic 2a - lots of fine strands with lots of wave and body but also very "suggestible" - straightens or curls easily. I also color every 4-6 weeks to cover my obnoxious premature graying. Maybe it's my hair type that was unimpressed, or maybe it's just unimpressive in general...

Either way, it's just not worth the $$$ to me... won't be doing it again!
    Mod CG since 5/10, 2b/3a, med width/density, low/med porosity, greying since 18, color over grey since 21

Hair hates: non-keratin protein, glycerin, sorbitol, agave, sulfates, polyquats, co-washing (flaky scalp), maybe aloe?
    Hair loves: fewer/more natural ingredients, moisture

Scalp wash: Selsun Blue naturals or reg when desperate
    Low poo: Giovanni TTTT
    RO: SN - Strawberry, ES
    LI: SNES
    Style: HETT mousse, FSG if I make it, ??
    DT: GVPCB
    PT: GVPKP
  • anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    susirene,

When I had the Coppola Keratin treatment, I didn't really mind waiting the 3 days to wash my hair (even though I'm a daily washer). I tried to stay home as much as possible those days.

I'm wondering why your treatment didn't really do anything....Did you have the Coppola brand? I think that is the best brand of Keratin. Also, maybe because your hair is already a 2a, the treatment didn't do much? Hmmm....It made my 2b/c hair a lot straighter and got rid of all the frizz (for about 2 months). (I also get my hair colored every 5 weeks and haven't noticed any change to the treatment afterwards).
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file