CurlTalk

New to CG method! need help!

xoxobriannamariexoxobriannamarie Posts: 3Registered Users
Okay, so I recently bought the new Curly Girl book along with Deva no poo and One condition. These products are a bit pricey, and I was just wondering if any of these products are curly girl safe:

herbal essences totally twisted gel
suave tropical coconut conditioner

I have no problem re-purchusing No Poo (it lasts me a very long time) but I have a feeling I am going to run out of One Condition very quickly. I also was looking for a lower priced gel vs the Deva angel. thank you for your help! :)
New to CG Method

Deva Curl No Poo
Deva Curl One Condition/ Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Gel

I'm a swimmer, so keeping my hair healthy during swim season is always a challenge!

Comments

• tasyatasya Posts: 14Registered Users
    i'm not sure, but you can check them out here:

'cone-freeconditioners - ladylonghair
  • McfrizzyMcfrizzy Posts: 406Registered Users
    both products are cg and a good condish replacement for the one condition is the GVP conditioning balm at sallys usually 6.29 for 16 ounces...good luck its cg and highly moisturizing
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
  • Curly17Curly17 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Well, Herbal Essence is good but it does have a ingredient I don't remember the name of but, in the Curly Girl book it is one of the thing you DO NOT want in your shampoo or conditioner. After reading the book, I got devacare no-poo and devacare one-condition. But, I also got angGEL and so far it hasn't been working out for me I think it's TOO light weight gel. I have type 3B and it gets puffy and frizzy, I do recommend enjoy strong hold alcohol free gel(yellowish gold gel in a squeeze bottle) and or enjoy texture cream(blue and white squeeze bottle). Hope this helps!
  • rach97rach97 Posts: 21Registered Users
    i use both products and they are completely CG. The gel has one water-soluble silicone, so no need to worry about that. The conditioner is CG but it may not be very good for a rinse out. I only use that as a co-wash. If you don't have very dry hair then it might be fine. If you live near a dollar tree you could get some conditioner there, I just bought some yesterday and it is called Spa Haus: Salon Conditioner, it has no silicone's and it has a whole bunch of good oils for hair like Olive Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, and Avacoado Oil. Plus, its only a buck.
    :happy3: 3a (more 2c-ish in the winter), coarse, thick
    Co-wash: Suave Coconut,
    Rinse Out: Suave Coconut (my hair does better with light, chepo conditioners:hello2:)
    Leave In: No leave-in during winter
    Gel: No gel during winter
    !

event.png
  • SaraNoHSaraNoH Posts: 827Registered Users
    My primary gel is Herbal Essence Totally Twisted and I really like it; since I've started using Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition (also CG, and cheap) I've been getting decent 3rd day hair. 2nd day hair is a cinch with that gel and condish.

I think Suave coconut has a protein in it, so I don't use it, but any suave/vo5/white rain with do.

Also, I'll say that you really dont HAVE to get the super expensive products. Pretty much every product I use is stuff you can find in CVS/Walgreens, a grocery store, target and is inexpensive.
    CG Birthday: 7/25/11
    Type 3a/2c
    Dense, Fine in front Coarse in back, Low porosity
    Low-Poo: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Tresemme Naturals
    Leave In: ^^^^
    Stylers: AIF, Natural Silks Curly Gel
    *Desert Curly*
  • chocolate<3chocolate<3 Posts: 17Registered Users
    Yup! They're both CG approved. :P I use both of them and they are grrr-eat lol tony tiger ;D
    I buy all the cheapest products lol. But hey, they work so i ain't complainin. Actually, they usually work better for me than any "high quality" name brand products.