My DIY Curl Refreshing Sea Salt Spray

itslissyitslissy Registered Users Posts: 35
Today i posted a video to my Youtube about how to make my homemade sea salt curl refresher. I have tinkered over the last few months and have finally found the right ratios for my hair. Feel free to tweek it if you like!

Here's a link to the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldyQwYNKNpY

Enjoy!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Curls are like curves, there's nothing sexier than rockin' them the way God gave 'em to ya!
Blogger
YouTube
Co-Wash: Alberto VO5 Moisture Milks Conditioner Passion Fruit Smoothie
Leave In:L’Oreal Nature’s Therapy Liquid Energy Fortifying Treatment
Stylers: John Freida Root Awakening Gel, Miss Jesse's Baby butter creme

Comments

• DevushkaDevushka Registered Users Posts: 1,080
    I'm new to naturally curly hair.
    --What benefit to curly hair does sea salt have? (It's just that would have never thought of putting salt on my hair.)
    --What do you mean when you say the salt will give your curls that "beachy look"?

Again, I'm new to all of this, so I still learning what's what with curly haircare. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
  • La TanitaLa Tanita Registered Users Posts: 15 Curl Neophyte
    Sea Salt or Epsom Salts (or any kind of salt) has a positive and a negative effect on hair: on one hand, it makes it a lot curlier. The curls just POP when you spray your hair with water + salt.
    On the other hand, it dries your hair pretty badly. It has a terribly drying effect on hair. That's why you have to use a very moisturizing conditioner before you spray you hair with this.
    When we say "beach hair", we mean the look that your hair has after you've been swimming in the sea.
  • FrannieGoytFrannieGoyt Registered Users Posts: 114
    Do u think I could use avg instead if glycerin since theyreboth humectants????

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file