Affordable Natural Hair Salon in DC

NaturallySpeakingNaturallySpeaking Posts: 13Registered Users
Hello all, I'm ready to do my big chop and wanted to find somewhere to go that was reasonably priced. Could you believe one lady told me $55 to cut my hair without styling it? I'm very tempted to get the scissors myself but don't want to ruin my Hair. Any advice is welcome!!! Thanks.
Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• cocoastellacocoastella Posts: 44Registered Users
    I think you should cut it yourself. There's no reason to waste 55 dollars for someone who won't even style it. It is so much easier to just snip it yourself.

Sent from my M860 using CurlTalk App
  • favoritecolorblufavoritecolorblu Posts: 287Registered Users
    I agree with the poster above me. I live in the DC area and I cut my hair, myself more than 2 years ago. :)
  • EdenRoseEdenRose Posts: 181Registered Users
    i had mines done at hair cuttery also some barber shops if the have a female stylist are great.
    https://twitter.com/Lov3Revolution

Last Relaxer-March 2011
    :occasion2:BC- 7-11-2011
    When you get the choice to sit out or dance, I hope you dance <3

Hair Type: ?
    Tons of whirls and curls and coils on my head. My hair's sometimes my best friend and other times we're at odds. But either way it's curls to the end. No need for a relaxer cause there's no reason to stress, my tresses are at their best
    :wav:

Length goal : Shoulder Length :)

• NaturallySpeakingNaturallySpeaking Posts: 13Registered Users
    Thanks You guys for the advice. Someone else told me it would be 65 with the styling included. I just really enter to get it over with....so tired of the two textures

O and another thing....what the easiest way possibly to cut It myself if I wanted to? Any advice ladies?

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    I think most women do it themselves or get a friend to help.

Here's some articles/videos you might like to check out:

Kim Coles

Doyin's big chop

India's big chop

Timi's big chop

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Thanks Gretchen....I will watch everything...I'm looking forward to shedding all this dead weight and hair!!!

• FabledBeautyFabledBeauty Posts: 145Registered Users
    I live in the DC area as well and I cut it myself..

The way I did it was in degrees yes but this could work for you if you want to do it yourself as well.. depending on how much new growth you have.. when I was down to my last inch of permed ends I had about 3 inches of natural hair so when it was wet.. and some people argue to cut it dry.. others wet.. for me I did it wet with REAL hair scissors.. using anything else can mess up the shaft of a hair strand.. and because my natural hair curled and the retarded stick ends didnt I cut where curly met straight...

some people might not like this but it worked perfectly for me because, Since I was so careful there were a few spots where maybe a quarter of an inch of straight was trying to hang on I could just snip snip and be done with it everytime I washed my hair and as my natural curl pattern became more and more pronounced each time I did a wash n go it made it that much easier for me. Hope this helps:o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Getting there slowly but surely!

Natural Since the Beginning of January 2011!:headbang:
    Current: Full Collar Bone
    Texture: 3B/C & 4A
    Goal: APL by New Years 2013 :afro:

See my Natural Journey on Fotki: www.fotki.com/fabledbeauty

Current Favs<3 Taaliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream, Vegetable Glycerin and Pure Argan Oil!!!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Thanks Gretchen....I will watch everything...I'm looking forward to shedding all this dead weight and hair!!!

Keep us posted!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Thanks fabledbeauty and Gretchen....I need to learn how to post my pics once I'm done....

• FabledBeautyFabledBeauty Posts: 145Registered Users
    np Im actually excited to know how everything turns out.. as a college student im alll for self sufficiency!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Getting there slowly but surely!

Natural Since the Beginning of January 2011!:headbang:
    Current: Full Collar Bone
    Texture: 3B/C & 4A
    Goal: APL by New Years 2013 :afro:

See my Natural Journey on Fotki: www.fotki.com/fabledbeauty

Current Favs<3 Taaliah Waajid Curly Curl Cream, Vegetable Glycerin and Pure Argan Oil!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file