We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Any preferred techniques for wavies

Rain GirlRain Girl Posts: 23Registered Users
I've been wandering through all the different techniques posted on the site. Everything from plopping to ice queen method and I'm wondering if anyone has any particular success with them. Or are we wavies just suppose to scrunch?
As I am still trying to find just the right products for my hair I realized that I may need to be doing something else besides trying to time the application of the product. Maybe I need to use on of these methods. But it seems that they are made more for the curlier types of hair.
So, anyone have a suggestion?
2b to 2c depending on the alignment of the planets.
Shampoo: (every other day) Organix Morrocan Argan Oil
Conditioner: Burts Bees Color Keeper Green Tea & Fennel Seed
Styling Products still a mystery
Porous, hates protein (which is hilarious because I'm also a vegan), medium thickness, normal elasticity
Stopped henna coloring 2/2011 can't wait for silver locks!
Stopped straightening 4/2011

Comments

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Scrunching, plopping, super soaker, and smasters are my prefered techniques. Icequeen leaves me tangled. And of course pixie diffusing. I think the latteris universal to wavies that diffuse.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• rheostaticsfanrheostaticsfan Posts: 79Registered Users
    I've been reading a lot lately on the site. The overall consensus seems to be that wavey almost universally like Icequeen and Smasters. One gives good clumping and curl formation, the other curl support and frizz elimination.

Other techniques tend more to be hit and miss. Of course...every head of hair is different...so try them all!
    2a(?)/F/ii (Fia).
    New to having waves. Don't care if it's curly or not but this surface frizz drives me NUTS.
    Baby Fine. On the thin side of average. Low porosity.
    Atopic dermatitis/eczema. Too many allergies and sensitivities to count.
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Also plopping.
    If you have dry hair, try spritz and condish.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpedaheh.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    I've been reading a lot lately on the site. The overall consensus seems to be that wavey almost universally like Icequeen and Smasters. One gives good clumping and curl formation, the other curl support and frizz elimination.

Other techniques tend more to be hit and miss. Of course...every head of hair is different...so try them all!
    Hmm, I must be in the minority then. Ice queen leaves me a tangled mess. Smasters doesn't do much for me unless I didn't add enough product in the first place.

Supersoak, plopping, srunch n pump, pixie diffuse, or clipping if I air dry
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ice queen, plopping, clipping, Smasters and lots of scrunching all work well for me!
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• Rain GirlRain Girl Posts: 23Registered Users
    Boy do i have dry hair. Still trying to find styling products that will make it happy. And still up in the air over whether it likes protein or not.
    Lately I've been scrunching the water out with a towel (flour sack and/or micro fiber) Today was probably the most success I've had over the last two months but the product makes my hair look greasy not shiny. And if I use less it does nothing.
    But I have built up an arsenal and will try the different combos with the various methods and see what I get.
    Thanks! Onward ho!
    2b to 2c depending on the alignment of the planets.
    Shampoo: (every other day) Organix Morrocan Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Burts Bees Color Keeper Green Tea & Fennel Seed
    Styling Products still a mystery
    Porous, hates protein (which is hilarious because I'm also a vegan), medium thickness, normal elasticity
    Stopped henna coloring 2/2011 can't wait for silver locks!
    Stopped straightening 4/2011
  • geckogecko Posts: 313Registered Users
    Welcome!
    I used to have messed up hair with icqueen too - - - until I started combing my hair with a med-toothed comb while bent over, just before the final upside-down rinse.
    m-c iii-ii | loose spirals with ringlets

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file