Not sure about my natural hair...advice please :)

natalienatural402natalienatural402 Posts: 58Registered Users
Ive been relaxing my hair for so long I don't remember my normal hair texture, I'm pretty sure I'm a 3c/4a but I'm not sure. I want to stop putting all the chemicals in my hair seeing as it is breaking a lot but I don't know how to take care of my natural hair. I recently got it cut (about to my jaw line) and am having a hard time dealing with both textures. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can take care of my natural hair and how to handle the two textures?

Comments

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    Protective styling or twist outs are what I did to blend the two textures until I BC'd. Try youtubing protective styles or transitioning. I'm sure you'll find a ton of videos with that information.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • natalienatural402natalienatural402 Posts: 58Registered Users
    I'll try looking on YouTube, thanks :) and I'm actually really scared of cutting my hair any shorter :/
  • natalienatural402natalienatural402 Posts: 58Registered Users
    Thanks but my hair is actually too short to even be tied up :( and i use the Shea moisture products (love!) haha, do you know about anything I can do to make my hair grow back faster?
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    You can try different method to growing you hair back faster, I personally don't do much to my hair (low manipulation) that always helps grow hair back at a steady rate. Also some ppl take hair and nail growth pills prenatal pills, vitamin E, there's plenty of ways to grow it back. But with anything it takes patience.

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • CurlySimoneCurlySimone Posts: 13Registered Users
    Hi natalienatural402, the best method to encourage your hair to grow to the length you want in addition to keeping your hair moisturized is to moisturize your scalp as well. My hair already grows fast, but I purchased a jar of 'Isoplus Tea Tree & Aloe Conditioner' (it's hair dressing for the scalp) and began parting my hair into sections and greasing my scalp with it twice a week and OMG, my hair grew 3 times faster. The care of our hair and the growth process starts from the scalp so keep it moisturized. No matter how short or long your hair is, you should always wrap it with a silk scarf before going to bed- this retains the moisture throughout your hair. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Simone
    Curly Simone
  • honeybrowncandy78honeybrowncandy78 Posts: 88Registered Users
    I ordered a sample size of Qhemet Biologics Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm. It keeps my twa moisturized and a little goes a long way. I'm still learning about my hair and I watch utube faithfully

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file