Has anyone made onion rings?

Trixie1979Trixie1979 Posts: 364Registered Users
I thought I'd post in here cause this form would get more traffic.

Does anyone put there have a really tasty recipe for onion rings?? I've looked online and there are so many to choose from. I'd hate to pick one and it tastes like poo.
p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif

Comments

• BiancaBianca Posts: 2,492Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have, they were nothing fancy or gourmet but the people I gave them to enjoyed them!

I sliced the onions into rings and added ingredients that I like to a pre-made bread crumb seasoning. I dipped the rings in eggs, then in the seasoning and cooked them in vegetable oil.

They were good!
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    I have no recipe. I just slice, soak in buttermilk, and dredge in a mix of flour and semolina or cornmeal. But sometimes I do battered ones, too.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • Trixie1979Trixie1979 Posts: 364Registered Users
    Bianca and saira do you have the recipes I can have?
    p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    I'm not Saria, but I make mine like she does. Here are a few recipes I found:

buttermilk cornmeal here

beer battered here

spicy here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    misspam wrote: »
    I'm not Saria, but I make mine like she does. Here are a few recipes I found:

buttermilk cornmeal here

beer battered here

spicy here
    Yum! Now I'm tempted to make onion rings!
    Minneapolis, MN
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Spicy, baby! :toothy8:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Awesome recipes!! Another cooking question though. I can't afford to get buttermilk, and don't know if they sell it here (then again never looked for it). We have 4% milk though, could I use that in place if buttermilk?
    p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    Buttermilk is pretty easy to find, but you could mix plain yogurt and milk for a similar tang. Otherwise plain milk will do, though it doesn't have the same flavor.
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • lunacaelumlunacaelum Posts: 10Registered Users
    I made some onion rings once with pancake batter and they turned out really well! It is a heavier onion ring then what you might find at most restaurants, but I really liked the taste of them.
    Was going to make them tonight but the effing mother in law decided to make dinner for us instead. Getting pretty pissed off with her and so is the fiancee. At least I'll be able to look at more recipes.
    p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif
  • NorahBuggNorahBugg Posts: 134Registered Users
    ^^^ Wow um ok... :laughing6: (ETA: That comment was for the spam not the post above. The spam was removed already.)

I know this was spammed up, but... I buy the Chuck Wagon onion ring mix and love it! It makes onion rings like they sell at festivals not the bready kind. I also use it to make fried veggies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file