your way to straight????

curlykristxcurlykristx Posts: 445Registered Users
i know there are some ladies here who still might give into the urge to straighten their hair so...

how do ya get straight???

what tools or products do you use?

Comments

• McfrizzyMcfrizzy Posts: 406Registered Users
    lol i still do sometimes i just love straight hair asa it can be so mangeable...well what i do is apply a heat protecting spray and then use my babyliss straightening iron but ive heard alot of people liking john friedas 3-day straightening system that i wanna give a try
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein
  • Curly-AsianCurly-Asian Posts: 104Registered Users
    When I know I'm going to straighten my hair, I always wash and deep condition my hair the night before. Then I towel-dry and tie it into a ponytail and let it air dry until morning.

When morning comes, section my hair from bottom to top (straightening the bottom first) and I start my process.
    The things I use is a fine tooth comb, a hair tie, tresemme heat tamer spray, and my chi iron. I used to use the chi iron guard, but it got too expensive for me to keep buying. XD And the tresemme one smells a lot better.
  • CuriousAquariusCuriousAquarius Posts: 41Registered Users
    I keep my hair moisturized days before with cowashes and deep conditioning

Before: I cleanse or cowash my hair, detangle and deep condition, and while still wet and in the shower I band my hair is 4 to 5 sections and air dry overnight!

In the morning, I tension blow it out with Redken Satinwear and do the comb chase method with one pass. Takes me about 2 hrs but it gets it straight silky and no damage. I only do this 1 or 2 times a month :)
    Products I use:
    Shampoo: SM JBCO shampoo/ ACV rinses
    Cowash: Taliah Waajad Creamy Cowash
    Conditioner: Giovanni 50:50/ Giovanni Tea Tree
    Leave-in: CJ Curl Assurance/ SM Strengthening Milk
    Deep conditioner: EVA Nye/ ORS Hair Mayo
    Oils: Apricot oil/ Avocado oil/ Coconut oil

Current (working on) Regimen:
    ACV rinses once a month
    SLS shampoo and deep condition once a week
    Protein treatment: 2x a month
    Cowash midweek
    Leave-in + oil everyday
  • FlygerianFlygerian Posts: 22Registered Users
    I just use any deep conditioner that I like the look of in store, usually that banana organics one though. Then I straighten on the lowest or near to the lowest heat setting (around 160)

Sent from my D6603 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file