We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

LHC!?! What happened!?

I went to look something up at the longhaircommunity.com, and apparently, it's been hacked! I got a page that said hacked by spy hack team! It says something in a different language too. I really hope it comes back soon, this is horrible!
mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.

Comments

• SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    OMG OMG OMG. I once landed on a hacked site and shortly after my hard drive died completely and I was told it was a virus (I was religiously keeping my antivirus up to date). So do a scan on your computer! It's probably fine but scan & make backups!

OK, I do NOT know that my hard drive killing virus came from the hacked web site. But I've always wondered.
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    OH CRAP! My virus thing expired! I'm updating now! Thanks Castella!

ETA: Okay, my anti-virus program is okay now.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Bummer I was just there the other day. I hope they come back up from this.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • NeedSleepNeedSleep Posts: 102Registered Users
    I tried to visit that site on my BRAND EW computer that I just got TODAY, so it'd better not have given us a virus!!
    password: wavy
  • teela1978teela1978 Posts: 278Registered Users
    Just in case this hasn't been posted here, there is a backdoor to LHC :)
    Here are ursula's instructions for getting there:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.network54.com%2FForum%2F227393%2Fthread%2F1135527098%2FStep%2Bby%2Bstep%2B-%2Bthrough%2Bthe%2Bback%2Bdoor%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bforums%2Bin%2BWindows%2BXP" class="Popup
    They seem to work only on windows XP, and the whole hacking thing seems to only affect the homepage. HTH!
    Fine Wavy (2a)
    Weeklyish shampoo with CO's inbetween to keep down the grease.
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have a link straight to the forums and it's not working so maybe the whole site has been affected. I use a Mac so I can't go through the back door. I'll just have to wait.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • miacurlmiacurl Posts: 332Registered Users
    Nothing seems to work. Oh well.
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    between shoulders and BSL
    teela1978 wrote:
    Just in case this hasn't been posted here, there is a backdoor to LHC :)
    Here are ursula's instructions for getting there:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.network54.com%2FForum%2F227393%2Fthread%2F1135527098%2FStep%2Bby%2Bstep%2B-%2Bthrough%2Bthe%2Bback%2Bdoor%2Bto%2Bthe%2Bforums%2Bin%2BWindows%2BXP" class="Popup
    They seem to work only on windows XP, and the whole hacking thing seems to only affect the homepage. HTH!

Thank you so much!
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii

It didn't work for me. :( Thanks anyway. Hopefully the site will be working soon.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii

NeedSleep wrote:
    I tried to visit that site on my BRAND EW computer that I just got TODAY, so it'd better not have given us a virus!!

I don't think it did. I tried to got there on a direct link a few days ago, and my computer is fine.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii

• rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Nope it didn't get everything just the homepage. Some of us are back and posting. ;)
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vikvik Posts: 11Registered Users
    ^^ how'd you get back onto the forums? i have it bookmarked but i can't access it.
    I used the backdoor instructions that are linked a few posts up from here and it worked for me....;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WavingNotCurlingWavingNotCurling Posts: 150Registered Users
    Just FYI, I was preparing to do those "back-door" instructions last night and at the last moment decided to ask my husband if it was safe. He's a network security guru for the gov't. He said even if I could get to the site, if it had been hacked, there was a great possibility that your computer's securty could be breached, even with virus protection. Sooooo, as tempting as it is to go in "the back way" it may not be smart. :cry:
    *CG for wavies. Type 2/3ab mix.
    (overgrown) Inverted bob.
    *Conditioner - VO5, Oyin, Goth Rosary
    *Gel - Origins, Jessicurl or Lush
    *Lo-Poo - Carols Daughter
    Hmm...I'm going to run a scan to be sure. Thanks for the heads up! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Just FYI, I was preparing to do those "back-door" instructions last night and at the last moment decided to ask my husband if it was safe. He's a network security guru for the gov't. He said even if I could get to the site, if it had been hacked, there was a great possibility that your computer's securty could be breached, even with virus protection. Sooooo, as tempting as it is to go in "the back way" it may not be smart. :cry:

ITA not worth it til it is up and running.
    2C/3A auburn hair.
  • out.of.focusout.of.focus Posts: 2Registered Users
    like this?.............

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

204.157.9.96 forums.longhaircommunity.com
    Canada rocks!
  • out.of.focusout.of.focus Posts: 2Registered Users
    I know why it's not working for some people.

It's because they need to go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc in their computer and not the 'other' HOSTS files.

This is very important.

It's NOT in the C:\I386.
    Canada rocks!
  • vikvik Posts: 11Registered Users
    does anyone know when it might be back up?
  • RealRedNCurlyRealRedNCurly Posts: 109Registered Users
    I miss LHC! :cry: It's my fav site (no offense NC).
    Live Joyfully! :love5:

Empowered Living & Health Tips
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,001Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I miss LHC! :cry: It's my fav site (no offense NC).

Ouch! :)

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • CurlyMireyaCurlyMireya Banned Posts: 956Banned Users
    I don't have sympathy. They should just keep it down for good. I posted there for a short time, but experienced lots of rudeness from some of the regulars - one was a mod, I think. I had not had any trouble until I posted on a political topic. Apparently they aren't very open to liberal views. I wasn't mean or snarky either. I just said that re-building the Trade Towers might not be a good idea. I'd rather see it become a memorial. I was told I had a defeatist attitude, I was bowing down to terrorists, etc., and when I replied that that wasn't what I was saying at all, I was told that I can't talk politics any more or I'd be banned. :shock: I never went back to that foolish site. I'm sorry for the posters who enjoy visiting the site, but I can't say I'm sorry for the site owners - if they got hijacked, they deserved it.

I like TLHS (The Long Hair Site) much better anyway, but it's closing down soon. :(
    "I'm half Hispanic, half white, and look like an Indian." - Bill Richardson
  • UP LisaUP Lisa Posts: 98Registered Users
    Well, I love the LHC, and I hope it's back very soon!
    2b. Dark Golden Blond. Very fine texture. Medium thickness. Thrilled to find waves!!!
    I've been a member of both sites (naturally curly and LHC) for a while. IMO this site is managed much more efficiently. LHC has a lot of glitches with it.

I Love Naturally Curly!!
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    I don't have sympathy. They should just keep it down for good. I posted there for a short time, but experienced lots of rudeness from some of the regulars - one was a mod, I think. I had not had any trouble until I posted on a political topic. Apparently they aren't very open to liberal views. I wasn't mean or snarky either. I just said that re-building the Trade Towers might not be a good idea. I'd rather see it become a memorial. I was told I had a defeatist attitude, I was bowing down to terrorists, etc., and when I replied that that wasn't what I was saying at all, I was told that I can't talk politics any more or I'd be banned. :shock: I never went back to that foolish site. I'm sorry for the posters who enjoy visiting the site, but I can't say I'm sorry for the site owners - if they got hijacked, they deserved it.

I like TLHS (The Long Hair Site) much better anyway, but it's closing down soon. :(

Oh I'm so sorry! That sucks! I'm not a member, I can't be one because I don't have an email address that's not free, but I like going there to see instructions on how to do buns and stuff like that. I don't find a lot of bun threads here. Once my hair gets a little longer and I can make crazy buns, I make some bun threads for sure.
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii

• CurlyMireyaCurlyMireya Banned Posts: 956Banned Users
    AngieCurls wrote:

Oh I'm so sorry! That sucks! I'm not a member, I can't be one because I don't have an email address that's not free, but I like going there to see instructions on how to do buns and stuff like that. I don't find a lot of bun threads here. Once my hair gets a little longer and I can make crazy buns, I make some bun threads for sure.

Thanks! I'd like that. I want to learn how to do different types of buns once my hair gets a little longer.
    "I'm half Hispanic, half white, and look like an Indian." - Bill Richardson
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    I've got a mac. :( I don't think those instructions work on macs.
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file