CurlTalk

Buh-bye read/unread indications in app?

NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
I don't know if you're aware, but my phone just downloaded the updated android app on me and I no longer have an indication of when threads are read/unread.

Also, the new pink color scheme is really hideous. But if it worked I wouldn't mind nearly as much.

Sent from my "smart"phone. Please excuse typos!
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,429Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Thanks for your feedback; I'll check into it.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • happyfacehappyface Posts: 845Registered Users
    I was just coming to make a thread about the missing read/unread indicator on the update. The color doesn't bother me, I just don't like it that I can't tell if there's a new post to a thread.
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
    Gretchen wrote: »
    Thanks for your feedback; I'll check into it.

Any updates on this?
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,429Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I'm so sorry; we're trying to get them to fix it. It's a third-party app and we're kind of stuck with what they give us, but we're working on them!

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    CJ, are you using Android version, also?

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Yes, I am using the Android version. Thanks for following up with us. :)
    Testing

1899d26b-c65c-1d61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    1899d26b-c74e-6467.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • curlymochagirlcurlymochagirl Posts: 56Registered Users
    I just wanted to check on this, I have this problem too, but I have an iphone.
    Texture: Medium-Coarse, Porosity: Low, Elasticity: Normal (Live Curly Live Free Hair Analysis)
    Thanks for the reminder. THey were working on a new version; I'll check to see if it's ready.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Where did you see the read/unread indication previously? And what did it look like? I've seen so many versions I've lost track. :)

Is it the little green bars on the left?

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    For me a thread that I hadn't read was bolded, but I thread I had already read was not bold. I was on Android.
    Thanks, NaturallyCJ.

We're working with the developer to get a new version released.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Gretchen wrote: »
    Where did you see the read/unread indication previously? And what did it look like? I've seen so many versions I've lost track. :)

Is it the little green bars on the left?

Ditto on the bold versus unbold.
    Texture: Medium-Coarse, Porosity: Low, Elasticity: Normal (Live Curly Live Free Hair Analysis)
    So now it seems that I'm having this problem even on my computer, not just from the app. Is there a setting for this?
    So now it seems that I'm having this problem even on my computer, not just from the app. Is there a setting for this?

Nothing's changed on the web site; are others seeing this?

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I don't have a problem with the website. It's just when I'm on my phone.

Sent from my Droid using CurlTalk App
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    So I don't know that it's the app at all, but I haven't been able to get into curltalk on my Android for days. It just gets stuck at the loading screen and never loads.

There's a very high chance it's my phone not the app, but I figured I'd post here in case anyone else chimes in that it's a problem they're having with their phones, too.
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

• SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    NetG wrote: »
    So I don't know that it's the app at all, but I haven't been able to get into curltalk on my Android for days. It just gets stuck at the loading screen and never loads.

There's a very high chance it's my phone not the app, but I figured I'd post here in case anyone else chimes in that it's a problem they're having with their phones, too.

Sometimes my Droid stays at the loading page. I use my task killer to end the task, if that doesn't work I go into the settings >manage apps>curltalk and then I do a force stop. I go back to the app and it loads.
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
    Thank you, ladies, for the info about the Android app. I'll share that with the team.

Gretchen
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Sometimes my Droid stays at the loading page. I use my task killer to end the task, if that doesn't work I go into the settings >manage apps>curltalk and then I do a force stop. I go back to the app and it loads.

Even that doesn't do it for mine right now. But I'm one of those lucky folks who use Sprint with their illegal spyware which you have to void your warranty to remove...
    -Speckla

Leave a Comment