Crazy Experiement Idea.

somethingelsesomethingelse Registered Users Posts: 75
ok. so i experiemented some months ago with wash-n-go without touching for a week to see how the hair wold be with detangling once a week, but of course, though the hair looked just as great as a more regular method... the shredded hair was a bit of a nightmare. (i believe he statistic is that on average, a human sheds 50 to 100 hairs a day)...

but now... i want to go a month, just rinsing my hair and massaging the scalp with conditioner and doing the shake-out routine... for a whole month.

i am curious if the look would be the same... or maybe evolve into some dread hybrid... but i don't want dreads... lol... but maybe wetting the hair everyday would cause the hair not to lock... but the shredding hair is what would vause a problem...

so it's kind of a risk, but i think i'm going to go for it. if my hair is looing neat, i'm just going to keep it going, regardless if the hair is locking or not. if it starts looking crazy, and it is difficult to detangle, i'll just have to do some cutting...

i, of course, had to share. ^_^
products: after everything I've tried & loved, I'm now down to just using yes to carrots conditioner. i actually just rub it on my hair while dry, get my hair moisted up with just that, then carefully finger comb/seperate sections of my hair (takes about 15-20 minutes). after that, i hope in the shower, let the water hit and shake-rinse my hair and massage my scalp. once out, i simple let my hair air dry. every now and then, i'll use a diffuser.

btw, pardon my all lower case. i just love 'em.

Comments

• ttlollattlolla Registered Users Posts: 948 Curl Neophyte
    I have done this before when my hair was about 4inches long . I won't be looking foward to that detangling session :laughing4:
  • somethingelsesomethingelse Registered Users Posts: 75
    ttlolla wrote: »
    I have done this before when my hair was about 4inches long . I won't be looking foward to that detangling session :laughing4:

oh goody. i was hoping to get a reply with someone saying that they had tried it... how was your hair visually after the month? did your curls syill hav their seperate patterns? or did sleeping cause amy to smash together?

in my theory from my 1 week experiement, i'd like to believe that letting the water run through everyday would keep the sections single...

basically, i love the way my hair looks, and i'm curious if the look will maintain with just letting water run through everyday without physcially tampering with the hair in any other way.

the only thing i could see going wrong is the the curls/coils turning into dreads. when. say dreads, i mean different from how the hair would look if it locked in it's curly/coil form. if that makes sense. lol.
    products: after everything I've tried & loved, I'm now down to just using yes to carrots conditioner. i actually just rub it on my hair while dry, get my hair moisted up with just that, then carefully finger comb/seperate sections of my hair (takes about 15-20 minutes). after that, i hope in the shower, let the water hit and shake-rinse my hair and massage my scalp. once out, i simple let my hair air dry. every now and then, i'll use a diffuser.

Well, they didn't turn into dreadlocks at all . I was rinsing and just using a serum everyday so I guess it helped the curls separate and it looked more curly .

I think because the hair was so short the shed hair didn't cause much of a problem resulting in tiny balls of tangled hair at the end of the month ; if I ever went back to shorter hair I would do the same thing. HTH :D
    ttlolla wrote: »
    Well, they didn't turn into dreadlocks at all . I was rinsing and just using a serum everyday so I guess it helped the curls separate and it looked more curly .

I think because the hair was so short the shed hair didn't cause much of a problem resulting in tiny balls of tangled hair at the end of the month ; if I ever went back to shorter hair I would do the same thing. HTH :D

love to you. thank you much for the insight from your test of this. i'm just going to let the hair grow, no manipulation other than let the water wash through and a shake out. (and also when i decide to cowash)...

i guess i've re-fallen in love with the natural curls straight out the shower. i've been wearing twists for the past mon and a half. i was wearing twists, and once a week i would wash my hair with them in there, then dry my hair with a towel, and retwist the twist one at a time...

this past sunday i had a performance and wanted my fro twist out, so i took the twist out, then washed it afterwards, and boom, i forgot how much i loved the coils. ^_^

Hahahaha ! That happens when you fall into a styling routine ; glad you're loving the coils :)
    awww. yes. i love them. i think what hqs me trying this is a combination of loving my coil look but SO tired of detangling... and i'm also tired of the twisting process (though i will say, detangling was one existent with twist because when i redid each twiwt, i ciuld just ull the shredded hair straight out)... can otally tell the different in ease with a twisted out head versus an overly curly head. i'm just ready o see here i'm going o be at. monh from now. ^_^

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file