My transition

dawubstadawubsta Posts: 6Registered Users
I have 3c type hair (from what I can remember. I'm 23 n I've relaxed my hair since the 7th grade) and I just started growing out my relaxer. I've tried it for a year last year but that fact that I live in Miami, FL wasn't helping. Its so hot and humid and its difficult to keep up so I went back to relaxers. As soon as I walk out the house, my hair poofs up; not even two mins. I've tried many different frizz-free products but I can't find the right one. I'm not sure exactly how to take care of my hair while transitioning/without doing the big chop. I'm also a bit impatient when it comes to my hair growth. Please help me make my transition easy. What should I do??? What products should I use??? How should I style???

Comments

• AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    Hey! Im 23 well, lol anyway though I just want to encourage you to conitnue to gro your hair without altering it due to heat or chemical: I've been growing my hair for almost 2 yrs in which I never bc'd: the key to growth is patience and nurturing your hair as iv it was a child learn what you hair likes and dislikes and just go frm there.

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • ShondadiniShondadini Posts: 205Registered Users
    I was in the same shoes. I'm now 22 had a relaxer since about 6 or 7 until I stopped in January of last year. I did a mini bc this February where I cut off the last 4-5 inches of my relaxed hair. I think the biggest thing that I learned while transitioning is that u cannot treat your new growth like your relaxed hair. This includes constant heat. I encourage you to limit the amount of heat straightening that you do because you could be causing permeant damage to your hair. Moisture is your friend use daily! Also I found that doing low maintenance style were my friends. I transitioned alot in box braids and Senegalese twist, and I also tried my hand at genie locs(me like :)). But when my hair was out I did styles that blended the two textures like braid outs, flexi rod and straw sets, and Bantu knot outs.

Hth
  • dawubstadawubsta Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thank u guys so much! I really appreciate it. I actually tried flexirods the other day and it cooperates with my hair well without using heat, so that's a plus lol I think I'll stick to that from now on. Thanks again!
  • Going_NaturalGoing_Natural Posts: 2Registered Users
    I have been doing rod sets for the past couple wks and it has been working pretty good. I feel u on the heat. Im in dothan,alabama and itis def hard in these months becuz its so hot. I really wanna try straw set next. Hope everything is working for you. I also use lock and twist gel it leaves your hair soft. Happy hair growing :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file