We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Lazy bangs

cg0617cg0617 Posts: 27Registered Users
My bangs are the biggest problem when I wear my hair curly. I feel like I get great results with the rest of my head when I do the plop method using an old t-shirt. But when I let my curls fall and air dry, my bangs always are frizzy and the curls are very lazy. Any tips?? I cowash, leave in Deva angel gel, sometimes leave in conditioner, then plop for 20 minutes or so, and air dry.

Comments

• plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    How long are they? Are they your typical eyebrow bangs or more sideswept longer bangs?

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• cg0617cg0617 Posts: 27Registered Users
    They reach my cheekbone..
  • swtndspcyswtndspcy Posts: 692Registered Users
    You might try leaving those parts out of the plop and shaping them with your fingers coated with gel, at that point you could leave them be, or pin curl them until they are dry.
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    Her hair is far curlier than ours here, and perhaps far thicker too, but she does a little skip curl wet styling on hers...

‪Curly Care: Styling Curly Side Bangs‬‏ - YouTube

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• Rain GirlRain Girl Posts: 23Registered Users
    I'm growing my bangs out as well. If I stretch them out flat they only hit the middle of my eye right now. Each week though their mood changes. It's maddening. But I have found that the Garnier Fructis Surf Hair has allowed me to put some control into them. Start with a really small amount with wet hair. Shape them how you want them and then leave them be. Once they are dry you can run your fingers across them and get the stiff look off and still have the hold. When I get the right amount in they are still well behaved the next morning.
    2b to 2c depending on the alignment of the planets.
    Shampoo: (every other day) Organix Morrocan Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Burts Bees Color Keeper Green Tea & Fennel Seed
    Styling Products still a mystery
    Porous, hates protein (which is hilarious because I'm also a vegan), medium thickness, normal elasticity
    Stopped henna coloring 2/2011 can't wait for silver locks!
    Stopped straightening 4/2011

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file