What do you think a "straighty" would do?

sillylilysillylily Posts: 4Registered Users
So I keep wondering what a straight-head would do if one day she woke up with naturally curly hair? Would she love it? Would she cut it? Throw it in a bun for the rest of her life? Would she finally realize the struggle we have to go through? Maybe even cut out the "poofy" remarks?:scratch:

Feel free to respond!
3b/3c!

Curly girls just have more fun, obviously (:

Comments

• curlyindian75curlyindian75 Posts: 118Registered Users
    If she hated curly hair she'd be depressed and really mad. If age loved it on other people she'd love it and end up here pretty quickly. :) but of course, personality is a factor.
    3B,thick,medium/coarse,high porosity(i think),low elasticity
    DRYDRYDRY hair.
    CG since: 4/17/11
    cowash: tresseme naturals moisture or smooth
    rinse out: GFTN
    leave in: a little bit of my rinse out
    Stylers (gels): (if I feel like it) LALSG or Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel
    *Currently need: a good deep conditioning treament for my DRYDRYDRY hair- if you can suggest any good (cheapie) DTs, I would really appreciate it!
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    My sister has like pin straight hair and some days she will be like "ohh, my hair is soo frizzy, I need to go straighten it!" I'm like "umm, what would you do with curly hair???" I think some people would like it at first, but might change their view after a little while. I had really long hair and then when I got it cut (I had always wanted curly hair) my hair was curly and I loved it at first....but I didn't really know how to take care of it, and it was a huge hassle. :-| I agree with curlyindian75 I think it depends on the personality too. :)
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
  • blissdropsblissdrops Banned Posts: 216Banned Users
    I think a lot of people would like it until they found out how much upkeep it is.
  • FrannieGoytFrannieGoyt Posts: 114Registered Users
    Lol this rinds me of me like 4 yrs ago I woke up one day and took a shower and didnt brush my hair by the end of the day I had ringlets and my teacher was asking if I got a perm lol b4 that my hair was mostly straight wit random waves but I always showered at nite and brushed in the morning so I never new I had curls....,, so strange but to answer ur question when it happend to me I searched the web for help (my moms a straighty) and found out about the CG stuff pretty much since then if liked my curls (now I live them) and I only tried to straighten them 3 times! :)
  • favoritecolorblufavoritecolorblu Posts: 287Registered Users
    I think they wouldn't know what to do with it.

Sent from my Samsung Transform using CurlTalk App
  • Very Curly GurlyVery Curly Gurly Posts: 16Registered Users
    hey curlyindian, if you still need a cheap DT try aussie 3 minute miracle :)
    cowash: suave naturals coconut
    leave in: mane and tail
    styling: activation gel

friendship is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings :)
    - unknown :occasion5:
    hey curlyindian, if you still need a cheap DT try aussie 3 minute miracle :)

I looked at that at the store today, but it has cones so I didn't buy it. :'(
    DRYDRYDRY hair.
    Stylers (gels): (if I feel like it) LALSG or Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Styling Gel
    *Currently need: a good deep conditioning treament for my DRYDRYDRY hair- if you can suggest any good (cheapie) DTs, I would really appreciate it!
    Thanks, though. :)
    DRYDRYDRY hair.
  • CurlPearlCurlPearl Posts: 55Registered Users
    I think that they would like it up untill it's **WASHING** time!! Boy oh boy... (There will be no good product for CURLY hair in the household!..) After that, they'd probaly either continally straighten it or bun it, then Bing "what to do with curly hair", and then end up finding a lovely little miracle site called "Naturally Curly"!!!

Lol, and then once they DO find out how to "manage" their curly hair & start to chillax about it, they'll be begin to casually surf the N.C. website for yrs, download the N.C. app for more on-the-go fun, buy the Curly Girl book, etc... all that good stuff... And then finally they will, all of a sudden, come across this topic, click it, read it, be in awe, think for a moment of what to type, and reply to this convo to type her heart out... ;D
  • itsiliiiitsiliii Posts: 340Registered Users
    CurlPearl wrote: »
    Lol, and then once they DO find out how to "manage" their curly hair & start to chillax about it, they'll be begin to casually surf the N.C. website for yrs, download the N.C. app for more on-the-go fun, buy the Curly Girl book, etc... all that good stuff... And then finally they will, all of a sudden, come across this topic, click it, read it, be in awe, think for a moment pm what to type, and reply to this convo to type her heart out... ;D
    XD

LOLOL XD
    I'd have to agree, i think they'd love it till they noticed they had absolutely NO idea how to take care of it
    cat...im a kitty cat...and i dance dance dance :blob7:
    2B/2C hair! :thumbup:

Shampoo: GTTT, SheaMoisture
    Condish Tresemme naturals, GFTN
    DT: Lustrasilk + honey :)
    LI: KCKT, GVP CB
    Styling products: Ouidad CC, TIGI Catwalk, KCCC, PaulMitchell Sculpting Foam
    Oils: Coconut
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    LOL curlpearl! I'm always telling my sis that I think she would die with my hair! :D
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
    itsiliii wrote: »
    XD

LOLOL XD
    I'd have to agree, i think they'd love it till they noticed they had absolutely NO idea how to take care of it
    LOL curlpearl! I'm always telling my sis that I think she would die with my hair! :D

Lol, you guys! So true, so true! =P
  • TripleThreatXoXTripleThreatXoX Posts: 35Registered Users
    that happened to my friend. for her whole life she had pin straight hair up until last year. the way she tells it people kept saying oh i like your hair today. and when she finally looked in the mirror it was surprisingly super curly! and ever since its been doing whatever it wants... the other day she said to me that she never knew how hard i had it with my hair until she stepped into my shoes... or hair i guess..? haha :)
    ~Imma Rock n Roll chick, baby. And I'm not afraid to say so~ :)
    3a/3b curls
    Co Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    Conditioner: ..... still on the lookout for a great one
    Stylers: KC Knot Today, AG recoil (sometimes), & LA looks Sport gel.

... yea, I sing, dance, act, run track, play field hockey, photograph, ......and what not... I am a busy bee<3

XOXO - Claire :love5:
  • curly lockzcurly lockz Posts: 30Registered Users
    They would probably say "cool I have curly hair!" And then the next day they would be screaming, crying, and threatening to chop it all off and get a wig. Thats what I used to do before I went cg.
    Cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    Detangler: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean
    Leave in: Tresemme Naturals nourishing moisture with honey, LA Looks gel

"Life is too short so laugh insanely, love truely, and forgive quickly."

3b/c
    P= low
    T= course
    that happened to my friend. for her whole life she had pin straight hair up until last year. the way she tells it people kept saying oh i like your hair today. and when she finally looked in the mirror it was surprisingly super curly! and ever since its been doing whatever it wants... the other day she said to me that she never knew how hard i had it with my hair until she stepped into my shoes... or hair i guess..? haha :)

Oh man! So she just was walking around, thanking ppl for the random, unexpected compliments, until she ran across a mirror, and was like.. Ohhhh boy!!

Hilarious! *giggle,giggle*
    They would probably say "cool I have curly hair!" And then the next day they would be screaming, crying, and threatening to chop it all off and get a wig. Thats what I used to do before I went cg.

Lol, same here! I'm sure they would be viewing it upon the point of "how can I make this hair get (or at least, appear) straight?" not, "how can I take care of my hair?" Ya kno, just go with the flow.. *LOL, I'm a hippie at heart!..* It's funny because I used to alway ask myself (while I was trying to detangle my hair), "and to think, that most straight haired ppl pay BIG money to get this (also, BIG, btw- lol..) hair?!?!" =P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file