Wishing to be red, Have no idea where to start...

ThatGeekyGirlThatGeekyGirl Posts: 1Registered Users
:!::!::!:
hi, so my current hair is a medium to dark brown color 3b in front and 3a in back (i will include pictures below), and ive been contemplating going over to a red color in box dye. my question/issue/concern is that i dont know where to start or what would be best. my hair is quite stubborn when it comes to accepting colors or treatments like coloring. im looking to go a deep but subtle red color, much like Emma Stone's shade; and im also looking for a brand that will not damage or better yet moisturize my hair. pretty please, if you could give me any advice on which shades to use or what brands i can use to minimize damage i would be so happy. thanks for anyone with advice :happy4:

Comments

• discolemonadediscolemonade Posts: 214Registered Users
    I don't really know anything about hair color. I've used Natural Instincts before, which if I remember correctly is demi-permanent and won't lift color (lighten), will only deposit.

Currently I use henna, which is permanent and is supposed to be good for your hair, but most people recommend doing a deep-conditioning treatment afterwards. Henna also only deposits color.

You should check out hennaforhair.com. You can look at real people's mixes and results, and they also have a forum.

Depending on the color you want, you may actually needs a color that lifts, though.
    3a/b? hair, CG off & on since Oct. 08
  • Melie.Melie. Posts: 43Registered Users
    Garnier Fructis has a boxed dye that is for dark brown hair and it got my med dark brown to that exact color.
    Amazon.com: Garnier Nutrisse Haircolor, B2 Reddish Brown Roasted Coffee: Beauty

Or you can try henna
    Melie. 2c Coarse Porous(damaged) Learning to battle The FL humid weather, but I love it here!!!
    Trying CG as of 7/8/11

I will try anything on my hair!:jocolor:

:blob2:Youtube channel: MsMelySoto
  • curlywhocurlywho Posts: 119Registered Users
    I actually came to this board wanting this exact color. I'm going to try out a color today and I'll let you know how it goes.
    Hair Properties:
    2b/3a
    High Porosity
    Fine
    Thick
    Loves Protein, hates oil of any kind, takes FOREVER to dry.

Products:
    (I mix and match depending on the day)
    Occasional Low-poo: Burt's Bees
    Conditioner: GCP
    Ecostyler Gel
    CIAB
    As I am Curling Jelly

Recently Purchased:
    Rockin Ringlets
    Curl Keeper
    Confident Coils

Microfiber Plop (10 mins)
    Super-soaker
    Diffuse-dry
  • reegsreegs Posts: 50Registered Users
    Is your hair already colored? You may be better off getting it done professionally then using an at home kit to maintain it. I had mine dyed deep blood red last night and I love it! Prior to this I was blonde and it will fade very quickly so I'll be using de Lorenzo nova colour shampoo to maintain it in between colour touch ups.
    3B, Fine texture, normal or low porosity (I'm not sure)

Co-Wash - Say Yes to Cucumbers
    Conditioner - Tresemme Naturals
    DT - Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturising Conditioner
    Products - Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets Styling Potion, Jessicurl Confident Coils Styling Solution

Others I've used in the past:
    Conditioner - DeLorenzo Rejuven8 Condtioner
    Products - Sunsilk Curl Booster, Joico Joilotion, Garnier Fructis Styling Gel Endurance 24h

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file