Transition frustration!!!!!!

IAmJordanNicoleIAmJordanNicole Posts: 784Registered Users
I've Been transitioning for a year now and I still feel like I have sooo far to go! Ugh. Blending my two textures is becoming more and more frustrating, but I don't feel ready for the big chop! Any tips on how to stay focused on my end goal of becoming completely natural?

Here are some pics of my new growth and my relaxed ends when my hair is soaking wet.

45f21d43-e837-1fee.jpg45f21d43-e876-0191.jpg

Comments

• naturallycreolenaturallycreole Posts: 112Registered Users
    Try Updos, twists and braids with rollers at the end, roller sets, and straw sets. I am almost 18 months post relaxer and wish I had only 2 textures-LOL. Hang in there. Your hair is pretty
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    You seem to have as much new growth as me but my relaxed ends are much longer (My hair is currently BSL so I have a loooong way to go). Up until now I've been able to just do wash and gos, which looks great the first day but not so much the second. So lately I've been experimenting with two-strand twists. It does a great job at blending the two textures. If all else fails I just wear my trusty little bun.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • IAmJordanNicoleIAmJordanNicole Posts: 784Registered Users
    I'm not a fan of updo's because they hide the best part of my hair! I'll wear a ponytail sometimes if I'm rushing but I try to avoid them. I am definitely going to try to do a flexirod set in the near future!

I have the same issue with the wash and go's. I love them the first day but the second day it's not so good. I'm happy with my hair length so I've been cutting it monthly to keep it at it's current length since the relaxed hair is no good to me I feel no reason to keep it aside from the fact that I'm scared to have short hair! I plan to continue the monthly cutting until all of my new growth is past my shoulder. Then I'll be ready to get rid of the relaxed hair completely.
  • IAmJordanNicoleIAmJordanNicole Posts: 784Registered Users
    Thank you both for your comments. I'm glad to know that there are others with hair frustration and I'm not alone!
  • FluffyZGigglerFluffyZGiggler Posts: 20Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I really believe that the trick is finding a style that works well and lasts longer than a day (especially in summer because I'm off school and don't put as much effort into looking amazing every day since I'm not around a bunch of friends and strangers all day). I personally have become a huge advocate of the straw set recently, as I'm currently ending my 3rd day and my hair looks just as good as the first and second. It's not nearly as hard as I thought it would be!
    3c/4a Med-Low Porosity, Protein Friendly
    Poo: Neutragina T-Gel (yay seborrheic dermatitis!)
    Cond: Whole Foods 365 Cond - Lavender
    Leave-In: Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin, MC Leave-In
    Styler: Girls With Curls Curl Defining Cream, FSG
    Seal: Jojoba, Coconut (don't recommend), Vitamin-E, Avocado, Apricot
  • ihearthair90210ihearthair90210 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hello,

I saw you had posted on this thread and mentioned using Cristophe products? I work for Cristophe Professional and wanted to thank you for the shout out. Also I'd love to hear your personal thoughts on the products you were using. Please email me at [email protected]

Best,
    Bekka
  • hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    I was honestly feeling very down about my hair over the weekend. My hair wasn't doing what I wanted it to. I had tangles at the roots and plenty of single strand knots. I didn't bother doing a braid out for today. I just put it up in a bun. Do what you feel is necessary. I find that during transitioning sometimes we need a break. But picking up that box of 'creamy crack' shouldn't happen. I try to tell myself when I feel like I should run back to the salon, if the world was in great turmoil, there wouldn't be a relaxer to run for. People would have no choice but to wear their hair in it's natural state. My mom usually rolls her eyes at this statement. But it's whatever. It's true and it's deep. I try to roll with it and make the best of my day, when my hair doesn't turn out exactly perfect. Just keep your head up. Some days I feel like chopping it all off. Then most days, I ask myself why did I trim off so much hair? Other times, I just ask myself do I need to call my stylist to work her magic? On my good days when my hair is looking great whether it's in a sleek bun, or a diva-ish twist/braid out, I tell myself "I GOT THIS!!!" Just hang in there, it should be well worth the wait, pain, and frustration. Our natural hair is unique and is much stronger than our relaxed hair. I personally think everyone should at least re-experience their natural hair at least once in their life. It doesn't hurt to try stepping out of the norms of society.
    Products I'm currently :love10::
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
    • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
    • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
    Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
    6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:
  • simplylacexosimplylacexo Posts: 3Registered Users
    I have nothing to add because I am a new transitioner but I just wanted to say your curls are GORGEOUS. I'm excited to see what they look like without relaxed ends they'll spring right up!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file