Help With Flat Ironing

MadHatter89MadHatter89 Posts: 18Registered Users
OK, so I need to straighten my hair for only one day... not even that, more precisely for like five hours. I have 3c hair. See, I really love The Beatles and am going to Paul McCartney's concert on August 1st and am going to dress up in a Sgt. Pepper costume (haha), and want to straighten my hair for it. The thing is though that I LOVE my curly hair, and I've researched straightening curly hair, and I saw that in a lot of cases the hair doesn't go back to the same original curl after it's been flat ironed. I don't want to straighten it if it won't go back to it's natural state. I don't even comb my hair, I just use my fingers to separate the curls, so I'm kind of oblivious to the combing and straightening process for curly hair. I REALLY appreciate any help. :love5:

Comments

• wxgirlcurlwxgirlcurl Posts: 125Registered Users
    Hi madhatter,
    I straighten my hair with a flat iron quite often. I've never heard of curls not going back to normal afterwards unless maybe if it gets damaged. I recommend you must use a good heat protctant! A good ion/silver nano/ thermoline flat iron helps too. For heat protectant I use "it's a 10" and tresumme thermal heat protectant spray.

Good luck

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk App
    Curl type: 2c/3a F/M ii (2b F underneath - 3a M on top), normal elasticity, low porosity,
    Modified CG since July 2011,
    Conditioners: Tresumme Naturals for RO and L'Oreal Eversleek for LI
    Styler: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Mousse: HETMS, HESMU or Pantene Curl defining mousse
    Oils: 50/50 Coconut Oil and EVOO (amazing combo!!)
    My Hair Album - Naturally Curly and Straightened
  • wxgirlcurlwxgirlcurl Posts: 125Registered Users
    Also don't ever let the flat iron stop on your hair... Keep it moving. Put your hair in sections. I try not to swipe a small section too many times. I aim for one swipe, but if your hair is thicker it might take two. If your nervous about straightening I'd recommend getting a stylist or friend that you trust to do it.

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk App
    Curl type: 2c/3a F/M ii (2b F underneath - 3a M on top), normal elasticity, low porosity,
    Modified CG since July 2011,
    Conditioners: Tresumme Naturals for RO and L'Oreal Eversleek for LI
    Styler: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Mousse: HETMS, HESMU or Pantene Curl defining mousse
    Oils: 50/50 Coconut Oil and EVOO (amazing combo!!)
    My Hair Album - Naturally Curly and Straightened
  • MadHatter89MadHatter89 Posts: 18Registered Users
    Wxgirlcurl,

Thanks so much for your info! I'll try it and make sure to use the heat protectant and method that you suggested. Thanks again! 8-)
  • ladymcurlladymcurl Posts: 2Registered Users
    This weekend I flat ironed my hair and the products u used was satin essence heat protector and it works great I give this product 2 thumbs up

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • lyleneillyleneil Posts: 5Registered Users
    Thermal technology is now available and incorporated into instruments designed specifically to Flat Iron the hair.A flat iron can be used to press them - just as well as an ironing board and iron would, but without the hassle. Again, heat it to the lowest possible setting that the material will require.
  • danielalvisdanielalvis Posts: 5Registered Users
    If you flat iron hair that has dirt and products in it, you are basically frying the dirt and products into your hair. You may opt for a leave-on conditioner or thermal protection spray to shield the hair from any damaging effect that might occur in the process.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file