• PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Hi krysee! I live in San Antonio! :occasion5:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • kryseekrysee Posts: 15Registered Users
    Yay! Where do you get your hair products and what do you use?
    3b: searching for the right product
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I'm a bad one to ask. :) I use drugstore shampoo and "high-end" drugstore conditioner, and I can't remember the brand on either of them. I use Fructis's curling cream gel with great success. I wash/condition two to three times per week, and usually diffuse (sometimes I blow dry, gently, on cool). I almost always have some frizz, due to the horrible hard water here.

That's my hair story. :)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • naturallycreolenaturallycreole Posts: 112Registered Users
    Yep. I am in the area. On the ground, WF almost exclusively, except Curls Brûlée and YT for rinsing out henna. These I get at Target on FM 78. I use JC nourish and shine and Revitalizing Leave-in. I also buy KCNT, KC Spiral Spritz, and several oils. I also buy Rosewater at WF. AOWC is my go to condish. My other products I buy online. Sun Harvest is also a place to try if you like more natural/organic options.

Will you look back on life and say I wish I had or I'm glad I did. -Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk-
    I found some nice products at Central Market. I haven't made it to Sun Harvest yet but will soon. I usually get all my produce from there.
    Funny, I was at Central Market last night and almost bought a Jason condish, but after reading, saw it was loaded with cones. If you use aloe, they have a sale on the gel and juice in various volumes. 20 or 30 percent. Can't remember which.

Will you look back on life and say I wish I had or I'm glad I did. -Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk-
    Haven't tried Aloe but I love the Nature's Gate products and they were on sale and they had coupons too! I love Central Market.
    I  Central Market too & WF! Those 2 stores keep my hair right and my stomach full--LOL

Have you seen that Sun Harvest was bought out and is now Sprouts Farmers Market. I have not been in the store to see what the change looks like. I really like Sun Harvest, guess I'll have to see what Sprouts is about.

I miss Trader Joes! I love that place when I was in Cali.
    I only found out about the buy

Only found out about the buy-out Friday while trying to chase down tea for my henna. I called and the guy said the store was in disarray due to renovation resulting from the merger. I always thought the store off 410 could use some help. Anyway, WF and Central Market are still my favs.

Does anybody change their hair routine when it gets cold?
    krysee wrote: »
    Does anybody change their hair routine when it gets cold?

Last winter no, but this winter, I found I needed to seal. So, I bought Castor and unpetroleum because of their thickness. Works like a charm!

• Mec1976Mec1976 Posts: 210Registered Users
    I'm a wavy in San Antonio :) just happened across this thread and thought I would say hi!
    Finally have a routine that works :toothy5:

Low Poo - 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Shampoo
    Co-Wash - V05 Passion Fruit Smoothie Conditioner
    RO - Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, Cure Care, GVPCB
    LI - KCNT
    Stylers - GF Pure Clean Gel, BTZ Noodle Head, LA Looks Sports Gel, Eco Styler Krystal, KCCC (I am a product junkie ;-) )

Wash at night, add products, plop in a t-shirt overnight, then diffuse in the morning!! It is great finally getting to sleep in :sleepy2:
  • CurlyRooCurlyRoo Posts: 12Registered Users
    Hello!

I'm in town! and currently transitioning from relaxed hair to natural! I'm excited, i have never had short hair and so i can't really see myself doing the BC yet! I have been trimming my own ends thus far! (not the greatest idea but eh i haven't the time otherwise!)

I'm a Wen user (fig) it's expensive, but i rather enjoy it and it leaves my hair soft and it smells delightful!
    CurlyRoo wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm in town! and currently transitioning from relaxed hair to natural! I'm excited, i have never had short hair and so i can't really see myself doing the BC yet! I have been trimming my own ends thus far! (not the greatest idea but eh i haven't the time otherwise!)

I'm a Wen user (fig) it's expensive, but i rather enjoy it and it leaves my hair soft and it smells delightful!

Hi there and welcome!!

I was just going to ask if you have ever tried Hair One from Sally's? It is their version of Wen at a much better cost. I know the location on Austin Hwy carries sample packets for about a dollar or two.

LI - KCNT
    Stylers - GF Pure Clean Gel, BTZ Noodle Head, LA Looks Sports Gel, Eco Styler Krystal, KCCC (I am a product junkie ;-) )

Wash at night, add products, plop in a t-shirt overnight, then diffuse in the morning!! It is great finally getting to sleep in :sleepy2:
    Thanks for the tip Mec, i've been looking for a cheaper way to take care of my hair because 60-70 bucks every month and a half to 2 months is kind of a big financial stab. Being a student and a full time employee makes it hard to do much else, i'm trying to keep my hair healthy, i will have to check it out because i'm running low on Wen anyway and my current order for it is on BACKORDER angry9:.
    I purchased Hair One (argan oil) cleansing conditioner and some cleansing pudding (i forgot which company makes it), i will let you all know if i like it or hate it!

Thanks for the product suggestion again!
    I purchased Hair one with Argan oil and I also purchased the cleansing pudding by as I am.

Hair one- by itself and in combination with any slicking gels I use dries my hair out, it has a thick consistency even more so than Wen, but I don't really think it cuts it for my hair in this stage. It smells like men's cologne so I'm not a huge fan of it even still :-/. I'm going to do some more testing with this product to see if product usage makes a difference.

Cleansing pudding ( by as I am)-

It foams... HEAVILY, it's smooth a creamy and then you put it in your hair and it gets all sudsy. I was NOT expecting it to lather, mainly because I guess I relate a "pudding" to something that is moisturizing. I couldn't comb through my hair after I spent 15 minutes trying to wash all of the lather out. My first mistake was the quantity I used but the directions say to us a liberal amount.... I guess I was too liberal? I'm going to have to use this product again to see if that changes anything.

I will certainly let ya know if there's a change.
    Bummer on both products :( but hopefully you didn't spend too much money.

LI - KCNT

It does suck that they didn't work for me. After almost a week of using it my hair is still kind of dry even with the addition of oil to my hair. So last night i folded and i slathered some intense conditioner on my tresses and they're softening up but good heavens! I suppose my hair just wasn't made for Hair One and As i am products because lawd have mercy!

But even still i really do appreciate the suggestion, it takes trial and error to get a really good hair routine.
    I know ... Why can't hair come with instructions!!! I just gave my cousin about $60 worth of products that just didn't work no matter how hard I tried :\

LI - KCNT

• CurlyJuliaCurlyJulia Posts: 38Registered Users
    Yet another SA curly...:blob2:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dye free since 8/2/12
    CG since 6/29/12
    Type: 2c/3a, medium, thick
    Cowash: Suave TC Conditioner
    Poo: SM Coconut-Hibiscus Shampoo
    Curl Enhancment: CJCCCC!!,
    Gels: HETT, BRHG, EcoStyler
    Mousse: Deva Frizz-free Volumizing Foam
    PT: IA Girl's Gelatin PT

Experimenting with VO5 Kiwi-Lime for Condish styling, as well as looking for an affordable substitute for Deva FFVF.
  • ShellyTxShellyTx Posts: 6Registered Users
    Another wavy here in San Antonio :) I just started CG about 3 weeks ago.