LA Looks Curl Gel

madametjmadametj Registered Users Posts: 119
I've been using LA Looks Mega Hold to keep my curls, but I noticed that they have a gel specifically for curls. Has anyone found the curl gel to work better than their other gels?
Hair Type: 3b/3c (I think! lol)

Quit using heat 9 months ago :)

Comments

• stefflynhstefflynh Registered Users Posts: 410
    I like the curl gel! It doesn't weigh me down or give me as much crunch as the LALSG. I think they discontinued it? I think I remember reading that somewhere. I still have my very first bottle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
    RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
    PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Will you ladies please put in some reviews for LA Looks gels, etc?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • madametjmadametj Registered Users Posts: 119
    Gretchen wrote: »
    Will you ladies please put in some reviews for LA Looks gels, etc?

I will review the one I'm using. Are they working to add more products? Several of the conditioners I use aren't listed like Organix and Aveeno.
    Hair Type: 3b/3c (I think! lol)

Quit using heat 9 months ago :)
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    I just finished typing up a review of various LA LOOKS gels to put in a thread here.
    When I get a chance I will also put in reviews there, Gretchen.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • MountaincurlMountaincurl Registered Users Posts: 571
    I've been using the light blue curl gel lately, and it makes my hair straighter for some reason. Weirdd.
    Wyoming, mod CG since 08/2010
    2cFii (fia), normal/normal, bleached, loves protein.
    Seborrheic dermatitis diagnosed 02/2016
  • mimikomimiko Registered Users Posts: 120
    I really like the new curl gel in the bright green bottle. No proteins :D and it seems to dry really fast and gives me a lot more volume. I pair with mousse.
    3a/3b Protein sensitive
    Lo-Poo: MOP-C Hydration
    Co-wash TJ's tea tree, suave
    Conditioners: Yes to Cucumbers, TIGI Moisture Maniac
    DT:Ion reconstructor
    Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Any of my other conditioners.
    Stylers: FSG!, Curl Keeper, HETT mousse, CJ CIAB, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, L'oreal Studio Silky Curls Gel, Deva Set it Free
    I diffuse and use CHS roller jaw clips
    I'm full Chinese and I never knew how to control my unruly hair until now! I <3 this website oh so very much.
  • caramix3acaramix3a Registered Users Posts: 462 Curl Neophyte
    Sad to say, my favorite gel, LA Looks Curl Look gel(the bright turquoise one)has been discontinued! I've been using this for years too, with excellent results. So I bought a travel-size tube of the Sports version(the dark blue one) and I do like it. I was just about to buy a big bottle of it the other day, when I read elsewhere here that it sucks out one's color. Is that really really true? If it is what a bummer! Please respond someone, who colors their hair AND uses the LA Looks Sports Gel, and let me know what you think. I need to know really soon - thanks!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,729 Curl Virtuoso
    I haven't colored my hair for years but when I used to use henna I didn't notice any change from using LA Looks Sport Gel which I use every single day. Not sure why it would do anything to color.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • crazycurlychickcrazycurlychick Registered Users Posts: 344
    I love the La looks nutra curl in the bright green bottle even after scrunching out the crunch my curls are still perfect with little to no frizz.:blob7::blob6::blob4::blob3::blob2::blob:
    :angel9:rockin the curls God gave me.

Routine!
    Shampoo n/a
    Conditioner Vo5 Moisture Milks
    Leave in Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
    Shower, comb, apply leave in and mousse in wet hair then scrunch out the water and sometimes.
    Second day, Wake up mist with water and smooth Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie over hair :wav:
  • TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Registered Users Posts: 374
    I want to love the Nutra curl (with avvocato oil) but it's not liking my hair for some reason. But the blue, curls gel, does love my hair!!! LOTS! I love the stuff! amazing!
    I've also used the purple one - polished perfect -not bad for humid days.
    I'm thinking I should "play" a bit more with them too - I use Shea Moisture under everything -the smoothie is amazing! But I do need a leave in with my gels...
    LA Looks is amazing though - prior to them I loved the Deva gel but it was just too $$$$....
    Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
    Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
    Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
    Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
    for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
  • TeresinaTeresina Registered Users Posts: 291 Curl Neophyte
    I recently tried the LAL Nutra Curls and I didn´t like it for my mix of 3b/3c/4a hair. It felt weird when I put it on; it just doesn´t have the slip of HESMU which glides on my hair so easily. And the Nutra Curls definitely does not have enough hold for me so I used HESMU over it.
    Teresina
    3b/3c/4a coarse, high porosity
  • NocurlB4babiesNocurlB4babies Registered Users Posts: 179
    I read where this gel had been discontinued, but I found it the other day at RiteAid. Today was my 2nd time using the LALooks Curl gel (turquoise color). I have to say that my hair looks great today. I added a little AVG in with the Curl gel, but I used a very liberal amount of the curl gel. diffused a bit, then added pea-sized amt of BSHRG over the top and scrunched it and diffused the rest of the way. Great clumps/ hair is curlier than usual (plus for me) and there was very little crunch to contend with. Highly recommend this one!
    2b/3a fine/med-hi density/high porosity (I think)/ highlight-no silicones/sulfates
    Lo-poo - ABBA Gentle Shampoo/ Shea Moisture Curl & Shine
    Conditioner: GVCB (love it!)/ Regis OO
    Leave in
    : As I Am
    Co-Wash: Tresemme or DevaCurl NoPoo
    Stylers: As I Am Curling Jelly/GF Pure Clean/ LALCurl gel - all with BRHG added
    Style: scrunch/ diffuse, then air dry. I don't Have much frizz at all
  • curledlovecurledlove Registered Users Posts: 444
    Has anyone tried the nutra curl gel? Its the one in the green bottle with 8 hold.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using CurlTalk App
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file