Can I do BKT back to back?

lpaigenyclpaigenyc Posts: 6Registered Users
I did the QOD Max on Sunday and am worried it didn't take. My hair, although mostly straight, has started getting wavy at the ends (when I wake up in the morning). Also, I think I used too much product when I did it because my hair had no shine and felt very heavy and sticky, just gross! I was going to wash it today because I really can't take it anymore and wanted to know if I could do the BKT again tonight.
Thanks!

Comments

• DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    firstly, most people complain of their hair feeling weighed down and gross during the waiting period. Although too much product is wasteful, it's better than too little product. Using too little product can mean your hair isn't properly coated which can lead to heat damaged curls. But to answer your question, yes you can do it back to back. One user had to do 3-4 back to back treatments with qod max before she finally loved her hair .
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
  • BarefootgirlBarefootgirl Posts: 5Registered Users
    Hairguru - you seem to be very knowledgeable and helpful - I was wondering if you might be able to give me some advice -

I have highlighted blonde Caucasian hair, use to be full of body and silky, but medical issues have turned it coarse, rough with tons of frizz.

I don't want to straighten my hair, just want to keep a bit of the natural curl - and eliminate frizz.

Any suggestions for using the Organix 30 day smoothing treatment (or any of the other similar brands) to accomplish this without straightening my hair completely?

Also, I have read elsewhere that to avoid changing hair color, I can simply use a lower temp on the flat iron.

Your thoughts?

thank you,

bf:love1:
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    Hi,

Our hair couldn't be any more different, so I really can't say. Check out the reviews for organix on amazon. Blondes have had a lot to say against it, however, for about 15 bucks more you can find a 4 ounce sample of qod max on ebay, and you won't have to worry about the issue of your hair color changing. As for keeping the curl, reduce the number of passes you do with the flat iron to 5. This should help. Really, it's all about trial and error. You'll probably have to do 4-5 treatments before you master the process.

Good Luck!
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file