Henna

naturalme931naturalme931 Posts: 4Registered Users
I did my first henna treatment last Friday and ever since my hair has been very brittle, dry an even shedding. What should i do to help this problem.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• lyleneillyleneil Posts: 5Registered Users
    Well, it is not big problem. Just dn't worry. I suggest when you apply henna next time just mix some curd or egg white in henna. You will definitely get best result and your hair will become smooth and silky.
  • celeriacceleriac Posts: 9Registered Users
    Adding egg white to henna is adding protein to a treatment that already acts similarly to a protein.

If your hair is coarse, or otherwise protein sensitive, henna can make it a bit dry/rough feeling. A few DTs should get you back on track. I do olive oil when I henna in the winter, and if I'm doing single process, I add about 2TB straight to my henna mix.

But if henna makes your hair dry, adding protein is most likely only going to exacerbate the situation.
  • naturalme931naturalme931 Posts: 4Registered Users
    Not to familiar wit all the abbreviations yet. What is a DT.

celeriac wrote: »
    Adding egg white to henna is adding protein to a treatment that already acts similarly to a protein.

If your hair is coarse, or otherwise protein sensitive, henna can make it a bit dry/rough feeling. A few DTs should get you back on track. I do olive oil when I henna in the winter, and if I'm doing single process, I add about 2TB straight to my henna mix.

But if henna makes your hair dry, adding protein is most likely only going to exacerbate the situation.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlTalk App
  • celeriacceleriac Posts: 9Registered Users
    Sorry! Deep Treatment :)
  • danielalvisdanielalvis Posts: 5Registered Users
    Well, Using Henna is best option for hairs. You add a bit more lemon juice to the mixture and began to applying henna.
  • SayoonSayoon Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What was ur henna recipe ? And did u do a hot oil treatment the next day or not ?
  • anonymous_103081anonymous_103081 Posts: 492Registered Users
    If you don't rinse ALL the henna out,your hair will be brittle. Make sure you're using a cheapy conditioner to provide slip when washing it out and make sure you're doing a DT immediately after rinsing. I usually use some thick conditioner and argan oil and work it through my hair. I put a shower cap over it for about an hour or more and then rinse and my hair is super soft.
    25", hennahead, CO, goal: hip

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file