Question for Transitioners and naturals

NaTuRaLBeAuTy87NaTuRaLBeAuTy87 Posts: 8Registered Users
Hi Transitioners and Naturals...I tryed to transitioning before but couldnt had to slap another relaxer on my hair smh but this time Im goin to Transition No more relaxers
:) but Im kinda having a hard time finding good products for my transition..Im planning to Transition for a year or two is it possible I can make it to two years? Im not a big fan of TWA thats not me..It looks cute on some ladys but I just dont like it... Question For Transitioners or the ones that have transition from relaxed to natural..How long have you transition? How long you been Natural? and what products do you use? (name of products).....Thanks

event.png

Comments

• AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    I've been transitioning for 17 mnth! I just let my relaxer grow out and kept my ends clipped as far as products im a huge fan of shea moisture I also used giovanni suave natural herbal essence elasta qp shea butter coconut oil olive oil honey kinky curly products as well as curls product. Im currently using suave pro rosemary mint condish shea moisture dry scalp shampoo and condish, elasta qp olive oil and mango butter moisturizer and bed head reconstructing condish. These products have been keeping my hair very soft and moisturized so im probably going to make these my stable products

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • NaturallyReceNaturallyRece Posts: 21Registered Users
    I've been transitioning since March 2010. The best detangler is Kinky Curly Knot Today. It'll become your best friend. Be extremely careful with the area where the natural and relaxed hair meet. I agree that Shea moisture makes excellent products.

~ http://AHairStory.Wordpress.com ~
  • NaturallybluNaturallyblu Posts: 17Registered Users
    Hi ladies!

I transitioned for one year... During my first 5 mths, I used my regular products from when I was fully relaxed which was KeraCare sulfate free shampoo and cream conditioner. I then switched to Kinky Curly Knot today leave-in but continued to use my keracare shampoo and added deep conditioning every couple weeks. I now use Kinky Curly shampoo & leave-in as well as Shea Moisture coconut & hibiscus line on my hair. I co-wash with vo5 conditioner every few days. My last relaxer was July 10, 2010 and I did my chop on July 20, 2011. I initially planned on transitioning for 1 1/2-2 yrs but my hair is at a length that I am comfortable with and grows really fast which is why I went ahead and cut.

The main thing while transitioning is to treat your hair as if you are all natural and take care of it and wear styles that will blend both textures. Also, what works for others hair may not work for yours.... so you have to try diff things until you have what works for you!

Check me out on Youtube by clicking here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Last Relaxer: July 10, 2010
    Big Chop: July 20, 2011
    Hair Type: 3c/4a
    Regimen: Co-wash w/Vo5 Conditioner, Wash w/KC Come Clean or Shea Moisture Curl & Shine Shampoo, Condition w/ KCKT &/or Shea Moisture Curl & Style Milk, and moisturize w/Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Youtube: www.youtube.com/naturallyblu
    Blog: www.NaturallyBlutiful.Blogspot.com

event.png
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    I transitioned for 23 months and 1 week (almost 2 years). I wasn't a fan of the idea of a TWA on me either. I've been natural for nearly a year now . . on the 18th of August it'll be a year. I will say that while transitioning I never really focused on using natural products because I knew they wouldn't work on my hair the same way they would on completely natural hair.

So instead I continued using the products I'd used while relaxed and they worked fine. If it's not broken why fix it? I did DC often and trimmed my ends every 3 months to keep my hair from breaking and shedding unnecessarily.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • naturallycreolenaturallycreole Posts: 112Registered Users
    Almost 18 months ad a transitioner.
    Natural and organic products from jump street. I use lots of Ayurvedic products: oils, henna, alma, hibiscus, etc. Also, I have a aloe heavy reggio. JC, clays, QB olive & honey, KCNT, Alba, and AO are my regulars. I live off oils and conditioners as my stylers.

Will you look back on life and say I wish I had or I'm glad I did. -Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk-
  • FluffyZGigglerFluffyZGiggler Posts: 20Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been transitioning (unintentionally at first) for about a year now, and have to say that it's all about moisture and PROTEIN! Your hair has been severely damaged and seriously stripped over the years because of relaxers and to make it as tear-free as possible (there are days when you will be completely frustrated and just want to cry) you really need to moisturize with deep treatments frequently and pump up the amount of protein in the products you put on your hair. Over in the protein-craving section there is a link for a gelatin deep treatment that has made my hair the healthiest it's been in a long time (possibly ever!).

Also, finding a few hair styles that you like and allow for some versatility is also a must when you get to the year mark and the line of demarcation becomes a lot more noticeable. I've just done my first straw set, and finishing up day 3 with my hair still looking fabulous. It was a lot less difficult than I thought it would be, and is lasting for a lot longer than some other styles. But whatever works for you is best. I just like this one because it makes my hair look like I have super-perfect natural curls even though I'm still transitioning.

As a side note, I will be transitioning for however long it takes to get it out. I'm not a huge fan of big chops. I did one 3 years ago and have never been the same.
    3c/4a Med-Low Porosity, Protein Friendly
    Poo: Neutragina T-Gel (yay seborrheic dermatitis!)
    Cond: Whole Foods 365 Cond - Lavender
    Leave-In: Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin, MC Leave-In
    Styler: Girls With Curls Curl Defining Cream, FSG
    Seal: Jojoba, Coconut (don't recommend), Vitamin-E, Avocado, Apricot

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file