We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

The carpet is starting to match the drapes!

jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,777Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
I don't know why I'm surprised by it. But it was very sudden. My hair started to go gray in my late 40's and now my ladybits hair is going gray 6-7 years later. And I have a couple gray eyebrow hairs. Hey, at least I'm color coordinated.
--I'm located in Western PA.
--I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
--My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
--My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
--My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
--My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    :laughing8:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• anonymous_22139anonymous_22139 Posts: 659Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ha! At least you can see yours, when I bend over I see boobs and fat rolls - and my eyebrows have always been so blonde and sparse you can't see them.

You are gorgeous! One of my hair idols - wherever it may grow. pervert.gif
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,777Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Aww thank you!! I want my hair as long as yours. I think we will be hair twins then.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey. Yes, it's in the senior section. : / -- https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/seniors/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    So it is confirmed!!?? This is not an urban legend!! Glad that is cleared up. I keep watching... and waiting.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,777Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Nope, it's the real deal! I am now a believer. : )
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,023Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    funny!! mine is so sparse but i think its gray...
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fbanjolady%2F" class="Popup
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Flazycurls" class="Popup
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,760Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Think mine started going at about the same time, not that I've thought much about it!
    Wish my leg hair would follow suit.
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,983Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't know why I'm surprised by it. But it was very sudden. My hair started to go gray in my late 40's and now my ladybits hair is going gray 6-7 years later. And I have a couple gray eyebrow hairs. Hey, at least I'm color coordinated.

I love your attitude and you make me laugh. Here's to you Jeepy! A+++ :thumbleft:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • kaymegankaymegan Posts: 19Registered Users

OMG, I've got that going on too. It's really disconcerting. I'm plucking them for now, but eventually I'm just going to have to succumb to nature. Just not now....
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    That started years ago for me. The ladybits hair is turning grey at a much slower rate than the hair on my head. And I have a few grey eyebrow hairs. None of this bothers me one bit. I'm embracing the grey.....everywhere! :lol:

I don't get the surprise, though. I mean, hair is hair. Won't it all be grey at some point? Even leg hair and underarm hair? :dontknow:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The surprise is that it started almost a decade later than my head hair and the *bam!* it turned gray very quickly.
  • RustinaRustina Posts: 894Registered Users
    This thread is cracking me up. :-)

I started getting grays on my head in my mid-20's, but the, er, "carpet" is still dark brown - so the discrepancy for me is 20 years and counting! It'll be interesting to see when it finally starts to match the hair on my head.

Jeep, I don't know when you changed your avatar, but I love it. Fabulous pic of you and your hair!
    Sulfate/non-water-soluble silicone free since 8/16/10
    Northern VA
    Med-coarse, normal porosity, low elasticity
    Dye-free since 11/2010

Thank you!!
  • LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 8,755Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    No grays in the carpet area yet. :icon_smile: I do notice them in my eyebrows, which I'm considering coloring when I do my hair this weekend. ( I know, I know, I can't embrace my grayness. I've never looked good in gray.)

My mom is 79 and has no hair there. I guess when you get older mother nature gives you the free Telly Savalas waxing. I would have no problem with that. To have sex with me, you would need a weed whacker to get thru. It's funny how I can have so much hair there and on my arms, but have such fine, thin hair on my head. No hairs whatsoever on my thighs and very little on the rest of my legs. I shave weekly. I wish the armpit hair would go away.
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users
    I got a few grays (white? Translucent, sort of) there BEFORE my head...

And, sadly to me, this area also thinned when my hair got thinner. I feel like this should please me - it's considerably easier to take care of the bikini area now - but it bums me out.

I don't know that all hair turns gray, though, does it really? the legs hairs and all? - my head hair is very dark brown naturally but arm hair has always been blondish, and leg hair not as light as arms but not nearly as dark as head, so I don't think they are linked...
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Meh...I can't even see mine, so I don't know if it's gray or not. (that fat roll thing).

Besides...I thought I read in another thread that we'd all "evolved" past having pubic hair.

I do have a few gray eyebrows. Annoying.
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Meh...I can't even see mine, so I don't know if it's gray or not. (that fat roll thing).

Besides...I thought I read in another thread that we'd all "evolved" past having pubic hair.

I do have a few gray eyebrows. Annoying.

:laughing3:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • Ruthie11Ruthie11 Posts: 77Registered Users
    I admire you ladies for embracing your beautiful gray hair. I soooo wish I could do that...:)
    Cowash-Tresseme Naturals
    Hair Type-3c-4a
    Leave in-Tresseme Naturals
    Gel-LA Sports Gel
    Cashmere Curls for shine

:wav:
  • SusieSuzeSusieSuze Posts: 524Registered Users
    Ruthie11 wrote: »
    I admire you ladies for embracing your beautiful gray hair. I soooo wish I could do that...:)

I'm with ya.. 50 just seems too young for big solid white patches in the corners of my forehead.

Haven't noticed any white short and curlies, but my eyebrows have some seriously obvious ones that must be tinted or covered with brown mascara. They look aweful.

I did go with Henna the last time I coloured and I am thrilled with the grey coverage and healthiness. I can't believe I can get these results without chemicals that damage my hair. It's a miracle!
  • IbisIbis Posts: 11Registered Users
    Not yet forty but I thought I would check out what's on the horizon for me.

Grays...down there?

The horror!
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users
    I henna my hair, but it doesn't work so well on my brows, so I brush in a touch of Just For Men for beards (comes w/a little brush) for literally a couple of minutes and I'm good to go for several weeks.

Funny how the hair gets sparse 'down there' and on the legs but sprouts out everywhere else where you don't want it, LOL!

As to whether it gets gray on legs and arms, it doesn't look like it is on my arms, and I don't have enough left on my legs to tell. But it does go gray on men's arms, so probably on ours, too. Probably their legs, too, but I can't visualize anyone for sure at the moment.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file