CurlTalk

What Are Your Pet Peeves?

curlesque424curlesque424 Posts: 150Registered Users
I have so many pet peeves but icant list all of them here. Here's a few of mine:

-people walking slowly in front of you when you are in a BIG rush
-when girls don't move to the side a bit to let you see yourself in the mirror in washrooms
-when people talk non-stop when you are trying to focus on your studies in a library
-when girls are trying to get attention by showing their stomachs or bras (none of my business, but it irritates me)
-when people in front of you in a class keeps texting non-stop on their cellphones when you're trying to pay attention to teachers/instructors

What about you?

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Loud motorcycles. Revving cars. Talking in libraries.

Noise, I guess.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,970Registered Users Curl Novice
    +1 and cracking up over the Bachmann comment.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    Okay, so some of these are the same as y'alls, but here goes..

people smacking on their food
    slurping on soups or drinks
    people walking slow in front of you, or just standing there when it's obvious you want to get through
    ummm, when people don't capitalize their name or when they write "I" lol
    when you're in a store and a girl that thinks shes hot stuff sizes you up to see what their up against.. (but I think most girls do that...it actually more annoys me.. )

anyhow, I have more, but I can't think of them.. :)
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    People who chew loudly, WTF why do you need to chew so loud?!

People who feel the need to moan/make noise as they eat ex: "mmmmmmmmm this is Sooooo goooooodd" through out their entire meal.

People who stand in the middle of the sidewalk/doorway/hallway.

People who don't use their blinkers when they drive.

I hate when people touch/take my things with out permission.

People who don't cover their mouths/noses when they cough/sneeze, talk about gross.
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    People chewing with their mouths open.

False modesty.

Tailgating when driving.

Driving slow in the fast lane.

Leaving the toilet lid open.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • NstinctiVnaturNstinctiVnatur Posts: 127Registered Users
    ~When the car ahead of me refuses to move slightly over when getting ready to turn to leave room for me and others to pass.
    ~People who speed unnecessarily
    ~People who use the conjunction "but" when describing a darker complected woman as pretty.

Sent from my DROIDX
    Never:love5: relaxed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Experimenting in creating my own products.
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users
    People walking towards you on the sidewalk expecting you to go single file while they stay 4 abreast!!
    3b/c
  • NejNej Posts: 2,444Registered Users
    - slow walkers who don't leave room for you to get by
    - People who don't say excuse me and instead just stare at you until you move
    - Waiting in line
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2027-1364839025-19.gif
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    People who feel the need to moan/make noise as they eat ex: "mmmmmmmmm this is Sooooo goooooodd" through out their entire meal.

LOL! That was one of my mom's biggest peeves growing up. She actually hated any moaning/groaning sounds in general. That kind of stuff really annoyed her for whatever reason.

I am personally peeved by: men who don't hold doors for women (call me old-fashioned), having to repeat myself more than once, people who fake nice, adults/parents who hit small children, when people don't flush in public bathrooms, extremely cold A/C
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
    LOL midgi and sarcasmisbeauty, that is one thing that I can't stand either. My sister used to watch cooking shows and whenever they go to eat the food it's like "ohhhhh, ummmmmm, this is soooo goooooooodddddddd...ohhhhhh, ummmmmmmm!" um, yeah, shut up now!
  • curlylauracurlylaura Posts: 8,352Registered Users
    LOL midgi and sarcasmisbeauty, that is one thing that I can't stand either. My sister used to watch cooking shows and whenever they go to eat the food it's like "ohhhhh, ummmmmm, this is soooo goooooooodddddddd...ohhhhhh, ummmmmmmm!" um, yeah, shut up now!

If there's one thing on tv that puts me off cooking shows its people orgasming over food. Yeah we get it's nice but it's a cooking show not pr0n.
    Fat does not make you fat. It's actually pretty important.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    People who try to assess my mood from a split second of interaction. The guy who works the register at my local Mexican joint does this. I want to stab him with my keys.

People who get in the fast lane and then go half a mile and hour faster than the car they were behind in the slow lane.

People who ignore the vast line of traffic behind them when they're going unreasonably slow in the fast lane.

People who free form their thoughts out loud constantly. People who ask questions without enough information in them, requiring that I ask ten follow up questions in order to figure out what they're talking about.

People who are judgy about other people's preferences. No, I don't like onions. No, I don't care how vital they may seem to you, they taste like soap to me. No, I don't care what your opinion on this subject is.

Posted from my smart phone; please excuse typos or brevity.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Loud "background" music in public places. My theory is that the managers of these establishments are around 20 and have destroyed their hearing with loud I-pods, so they have no clue that the music is obnoxiously loud.
  • ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users
    curlylaura wrote: »

If there's one thing on tv that puts me off cooking shows its people orgasming over food. Yeah we get it's nice but it's a cooking show not pr0n.

+1

Talking and hmmmmmming at the same time
    People who constantly say "obviously" "basically" "at the end of the day".

I also detest office and management speak
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Oh, I forgot, also TVs in public places. I really don't care for TV and don't watch it much, and I don't want to be subjected to it in restaurants, doctors' waiting areas, and especially while standing in line at the supermarket. I am considering ordering a gadget I just found out about -- "TV-B-Gone."

TV-B-Gone: Turn off Any TV! :: TV-B-Gone from Cornfield Electronics
  • Tuchie09Tuchie09 Posts: 388Registered Users
    People who drive unnecessarily slow.

People who pop/smack/chew gum with their mouths wiiiiiiiiiide open. It reminds me of a cow chewing cud.
    Curly in Okinawa, Japan where only the toughest curls can stand up to this heat and humidity.

My Arsenal:
    Shampoo: Waiting on SM African Black soap shampoo to makes its way to me...
    Conditioner(s): CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Deep Fix, CJ Repair Me!
    Oil: Apricot Kernel Oil
    Stylers: CD Loc Butter for twists, CJAF, CJCQ (haven't figured out how to work this though...)
  • JessicazFroJessicazFro Posts: 1,446Registered Users
    People standing/sitting close to me for no reason

People being loud for no reason

People talking to me for no reason

People blasting music loud for no reason

People (adults) acting like children in public

Public displays of affection that go way beyond an innocent peck on the cheek (fondling and @$$ palming)

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
    tex-laxed(pfffttt) :dontknow:
    Thick/coarse/low porosity/low elasticity
    4a/b cottony/spongy

At war with my indestructible, armadillo hair...MY WILL BE DONE!

imager.php?id=2689460&t=o GIFSoup
    :tongue:
  • SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    People in public eateries talking so loud I can hear their entire conversations. Bugs the crap out of me.

People interrupting me when I'm talking or on the telephone.

Not saying thank you.

The idiot that always seems to be parked next to me at the traffic light with the music blaring and his windows down so loud that it rattles my car.

Loud talking during in a movie theater. Actually loud anything in the movie theater.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ttlolla wrote: »
    People who constantly say "obviously" "basically" "at the end of the day".

lol That cracked me up, cause my dad does that really bad...It annoys me too..
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I like efficiency, so pretty much anything that slows me down is a pet peeve:
    1. slow walkers on the sidewalk, or groups that aren't paying attention, and are just meandering around
    2. On an escalator, anyone that doesn't obey the "stand to the right, walk to the left". I have very irrational anger over this. I fantasize about just shoving people sometimes. I need help.
    3. On a train or bus or elevator, people who stand at the doorway instead of moving in. I fantasize about shoving people here, too. I think I need to go to more yoga.
    4. When driving, cars that basically swerve to the right in order to take a left turn, blocking as much traffic as possible. Really, anyone blocking my lane is a pet peeve.

Aside from efficiency-related things, I have a major pet peeve about people not trying things. People who say they "don't like apples", for example, but haven't eaten an apple since they were 3 years old 40 years ago. Or say they don't like something that they've never tried is even worse. You've never tried it! You can't "not like it"!
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • midgimidgi Posts: 2,409Registered Users
    Who Me? wrote: »
    I like efficiency, so pretty much anything that slows me down is a pet peeve:
    1. slow walkers on the sidewalk, or groups that aren't paying attention, and are just meandering around
    2. On an escalator, anyone that doesn't obey the "stand to the right, walk to the left". I have very irrational anger over this. I fantasize about just shoving people sometimes. I need help.
    3. On a train or bus or elevator, people who stand at the doorway instead of moving in. I fantasize about shoving people here, too. I think I need to go to more yoga.
    4. When driving, cars that basically swerve to the right in order to take a left turn, blocking as much traffic as possible. Really, anyone blocking my lane is a pet peeve.

Aside from efficiency-related things, I have a major pet peeve about people not trying things. People who say they "don't like apples", for example, but haven't eaten an apple since they were 3 years old 40 years ago. Or say they don't like something that they've never tried is even worse. You've never tried it! You can't "not like it"!

LMAO! I can relate with your pent-up angst. In many situations, I have to redirect myself by chanting in my head or trying to focus on something else. Eventually, I can successfully will the urge to act a fool away, but there's just so much temptation in the world...
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    People who pee all over toilet seats and don't wipe up their mess before leaving the stall/bathroom.
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    I don't know if this has been said, but people who whip out in front of you on the road and then go SO SLOW.

This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• StayCStayC Posts: 107Registered Users
    Slow people

Crying babies at the movies...(come on, if you can afford the movies, I'm sure you can afford a babysitter. If for some reason the baby sitter canceled at the last minute, rent a movie and let the rest of us watch the movie in peace!)

Noise

People who think I should know what celebrity they're talking about when they say the name Jennifer.

inconsiderate people
    Nosy people

People who don't say thank you when you hold the door open for them.

People who talk on their cell phones while at the doctors office. Come on people...walk outside, no one really wants to know your business.

Facebook... How many times have you talked to someone you knew, decided you didn't want everyone to know your business, gave the people your personal email address, only to never hear from them. Sorry, am I only worth speaking to when others can see what you're saying to me?

To sum it up..................My pet peeve are PEOPLE!!!!!! (All of you are excluded from that...I love each and every one of you):iconbiggrin:
    :queen:
    Hair Type : 3a
    Hair Texture - Fine
    Porosity - Normal
    Elasticity- Low

You Tube

IG: Polishedways

Every curly should get a hair analysis:occasion2:

event.png
    Yawning and talking at the same time
  • divegirldivegirl Posts: 1,286Registered Users
    mophead wrote: »
    To sum it up..................My pet peeve are PEOPLE!!!!!! (All of you are excluded from that...I love each and every one of you):iconbiggrin:

:thumbup: I say this with alarming frequency: I hate people.

My current pet peeve is the meatheads in the weight room at the gym who do not re-rack their multiple 45lb plates when they're done bench pressing or whatever. So I have to unload and rack them before putting my own weights on the bar. I suppose I get a bit of an extra workout out of it but it really pisses me off.
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    I have recently developed a new peeve over the course of a few months.

I hate when some random strange dude (usually one I wouldnt even look at once) ask me,"What you mixed with?" after i tell them, their follow up question, "You date [insert their race here(usually black)] guys?

Why would you ask me that?? It offends me and piss me off! I dont care about the race, but just because you asked me that, HELL NAW I WOULDN"T DATE YOU!! And it has nothing to do with your race.
  • SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    People who sing every lyric to every song at the top of their lungs at a concert. As if to prove what a super fan they are.
    I didn't come here to see you perform, thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    People who sing every lyric to every song at the top of their lungs at a concert. As if to prove what a super fan they are.
    I didn't come here to see you perform, thanks.

LOL