opinions on straightened blunt bangs with curly hair? (pic included)

Hi, I don't get on here much unless I need hair advice but I remember before seeing a lot of people on here being anti straight bangs+curly hair, either because they think it looks awkward or because they're against straightening curls.
I honestly like my hair better like this than I have any other way, and I've had it like this for awhile, I just want some of your opinions if you honestly think it looks strange.

thanks in advance for your honesty, I hope xD

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/247915_1837563467932_1505873327_31739403_4597375_n.jpg
I'm 15 now but I don't get on often so I may be 67 by the time you read this.
My name is Sarah.
I come on here when I want hair advice because if you type in "curly hair" anywhere, all you get is advice on how to curl it. I used to get on here a lot when I was like, 12 or 13 (and first figuring out how to stop straightening my hair without being bullied), so if you happen to see some older posts of mine, shh. No judging.

Comments

• AuNaturalJAuNaturalJ Posts: 1Registered Users
    Its really up to you and what style u r comfortable with but I think it looks cute!
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've never been a fan of straight bangs with curls, unless your curls naturally start at or below the lower edge of the bangs. It chops the face up and just looks off.

You are still cute with pretty curls, don't worry.

I'm just not a fan of straightened bangs with curly hair.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • tashastanglestashastangles Posts: 17Registered Users
    You look confident and happy so rock it and be you!

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    I've never been a fan of straight bangs with curls, unless your curls naturally start at or below the lower edge of the bangs. It chops the face up and just looks off.

You are still cute with pretty curls, don't worry.

I'm just not a fan of straightened bangs with curly hair.

All of this. Btw, I love your curls.

Blame it on the cell phone...
  • curlycandy3curlycandy3 Posts: 219Registered Users
    I wear my bangs straightened, I kind of like the contrast. Mine are side swept because I can't pull off the blunt bangs like yours. I think it looks great!
    Southeast Michigan
    *Whatever makes my curls happy* since 01/2011
    3b/c/a Thick, Medium/Coarse, Normal Porosity & Elasticity, Dyed.
    Kind of starting from scratch...
    Cleanse: various low-poos (still searching)
    Condish: Aura Cherry Almond Bark (but always on the look-out)
    DT: SMDTM
    Styling: LI, curl cream, gel. Insert various products appropriately.
    I <3: Coconut & Argan oil, my Denman, a neat side-braid.
    "Oh, you were going to straighten it? I just like it curly so much better..."
  • nezumikiriqnezumikiriq Posts: 149Registered Users
    Thanks guys!
    also if anyone else has pics to share that'd be nice, I never see any hair styles like mine...even when people have slightly similar bangs, they never have hair as curly as I do.

and curlycandy, i used to have mine like that, but once summer came around and i had to straighten my side bangs constantly becasue the humidity made my bangs too unpredictable to leave curly or wavy if I wanted, I figured I might as well try blunt bangs
    which worked fine except my hair doesn't like to stay straight.....

I mainly like them because they cover my eyebrows, because I just hate my dark eyebrows with my face. xD
    My name is Sarah.
    I come on here when I want hair advice because if you type in "curly hair" anywhere, all you get is advice on how to curl it. I used to get on here a lot when I was like, 12 or 13 (and first figuring out how to stop straightening my hair without being bullied), so if you happen to see some older posts of mine, shh. No judging.
    Oddly, I was going to say they'd look better if they weren't so long. It looks like you're hiding, which isn't the best look for any young woman. It advertises a lack of confidence and self esteem.

• nezumikiriqnezumikiriq Posts: 149Registered Users
    well...i lack both of those things.

and i do tend to try and hide my face.
    And i do cut them shorter sometimes, I'm just lazy about it. I just always keep them longer than my eyebrows, usually with a kind of longer side bang over one side that i can sweep out of the way if i just want straight across blunt bangs, of comb down if i want it slanted

so thanks for your opinion, I guess I agree, it's just I'd rather try and hide more xD
    My name is Sarah.
    It can be a bit of a bummer, though. Young women think they need to hide so much, when they are perfectly fine the way they are.

It just gets sad and frustrating to see it over and over.

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sorry, but it looks strange. I like bangs like that, but they don't look like they belong to the same head of hair. They look like clip ons.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • queenofdisks80queenofdisks80 Posts: 155Registered Users
    Personally, I don't understand the straight bang, curly hair look. To me, it just screams 80s mall hair! And while I certainly don't think that one needs to follow the latest fashion, it just looks like a fashion that went out about 25 years ago.

That being said, I think you're adorable and should do what makes you feel good about yourself. You're at that age when you're trying to find yourself, trying on different looks and different personas. Just know that that critical magnifying glass that you're aiming at yourself is not how others see you. Your peers are equally afraid of what others think, but the reality is that everyone is so worried about themselves, that they're not looking as critically at those around them.

Self-acceptance is beautiful.:love10:
    3b/3c at nape/a little 3a on the sides, med-course, high porosity, colored.
    Protein sensitive, hard water.

spritz and condish
    low-poo: shea moisture, Y to Cucs (clarifying)
    RO: CJ A&OO, CJSL,GVPCB
    LI: CJ A&OO, CJCR
    DT:CJCR, GVPCB+evoo&honey
    stylers: FSG, SM Curl & Style Milk, CJCCCL, CJCIAB & Biolage gelee
    refresher:CJSL, CJCCCL, Lustrasilk OO
    PT: Sally's K-Pak, AO GPB
  • mimikomimiko Posts: 120Registered Users
    I think it's strange. I'm a huge fan of curly bangs, I think an entire head of hair should be either completely straight or completely curly.
    3a/3b Protein sensitive
    Lo-Poo: MOP-C Hydration
    Co-wash TJ's tea tree, suave
    Conditioners: Yes to Cucumbers, TIGI Moisture Maniac
    DT:Ion reconstructor
    Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Any of my other conditioners.
    Stylers: FSG!, Curl Keeper, HETT mousse, CJ CIAB, Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel, L'oreal Studio Silky Curls Gel, Deva Set it Free
    I diffuse and use CHS roller jaw clips
    I'm full Chinese and I never knew how to control my unruly hair until now! I <3 this website oh so very much.
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think you're adorable, but the contrast looks a little strange to me. I bet curly bangs would look cute on you.
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Posts: 478Registered Users
    :happy7: Nezumikiriq, I also wear straight bangs (see pic), and I love them. No one ever comments that my hair looks odd for wearing them that way, so they must obviously suit my face. As long as you are happy wearing your hair like that is all that really matters.
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011
  • LaurieSLaurieS Posts: 97Registered Users
    I think it looks good on both of you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file