CurlTalk

What are some products that u DON'T recomend?

NaturalCurls_xoxoNaturalCurls_xoxo Posts: 10Registered Users
I need to know which products to stay away from. We've all spent money on the wrong products before, so what are some products on your "do not try" list?

Comments

• L1S1L1S1 Posts: 91Registered Users
    Biotera Leave-in conditioner: It suds a bit. I did not find it moisturizing.

Biotera Curl Creme: I did not like the smell. It made my hair frizzy and it coated the hair.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Everyone else seems to like it, but KCCC was a big dumb expensive flop for me.
    Hair type must have something to do with it: I'm a 2.
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    Miss Jessie's . . . all there stuff leaves you with this filmy suffocatey feeling on your hair. (LOL, I am aware that suffocatey is not a word). It's just the ingredients that they have in the product that makes my hair freak.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fpapiermachecurls" class="Popup

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In. I was swayed by the price and availability. It ended badly.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • StayCStayC Posts: 107Registered Users
    I'm with Ninja Dog.... I hate KCCC

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    :queen:
    Hair Type : 3a
    Hair Texture - Fine
    Porosity - Normal
    Elasticity- Low

You Tube

IG: Polishedways

Every curly should get a hair analysis:occasion2:

event.png
  • NLuvWithCurlzNLuvWithCurlz Posts: 99Registered Users
    I second the miss jessies.........it makes my hair extremely crunchy

Sent from my Samsung Epic using CurlTalk App
    FIERCE LOVE AND CURLS
  • EdenRoseEdenRose Posts: 181Registered Users
    Miss Jessie's . . . all there stuff leaves you with this filmy suffocatey feeling on your hair. (LOL, I am aware that suffocatey is not a word). It's just the ingredients that they have in the product that makes my hair freak.
    I agree.
    times 10 it kinda left my hair feeling ick kinda like a pricey bad one night stand
    /home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FLov3Revolution" class="Popup

Last Relaxer-March 2011
    :occasion2:BC- 7-11-2011
    When you get the choice to sit out or dance, I hope you dance <3

Hair Type: ?
    Tons of whirls and curls and coils on my head. My hair's sometimes my best friend and other times we're at odds. But either way it's curls to the end. No need for a relaxer cause there's no reason to stress, my tresses are at their best
    :wav:

Length goal : Shoulder Length :)

• madametjmadametj Posts: 119Registered Users
    Clear EcoStyler, maximum hold. Flakes like MAD.

Also Herbal Essence Totally Twisted. Smells bad, wasn't moisturizing and left my hair frizzy.
    Hair Type: 3b/3c (I think! lol)

Quit using heat 9 months ago :)
  • curlyclo89curlyclo89 Posts: 173Registered Users
    Personally, SheaMoisture products have never done anything great for me.
    :sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

• nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    Almond oil. My hair loves oils but for some reason, almond oil is just a hot mess. It just coats my hair and makes it gross looking.
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • CraftyKellCraftyKell Posts: 78Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Everyone else seems to like it, but KCCC was a big dumb expensive flop for me.
    Hair type must have something to do with it: I'm a 2.

This is a good point, but it's kind of hard to say you can't recommend it because you aren't a 3c hair type.

I personally feel that KCCC with KCKT works for me. The first couple of times I tried them together, it was AWFUL. But that was because I wasn't detangling properly. In order for these two product to work, you have to detangle AFTER you apply them, and with a paddle brush. Detangling before doesn't even make any sense! You just clump everything together again with the products, and it looks a freakin' mess. :P
    Hi, I'm Crafty! Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Crafty Kell

www.craftykell.blogspot.com
    Who says you can't make art out of yarn? View C.K.'s blog to see proof!

Crafty Kell's Curls
    www.craftykellscurls.blogspot.com
    Join C.K. as she journals her adventures with her hair.

Crafty Kell on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/craftykell
    Like C.K. on FB if you value the joys of D.I.Y!
  • CraftyKellCraftyKell Posts: 78Registered Users
    I don't recommend Tigi "Foxy Curls" because of the alcohol. I remember it leaving my hair crunchy.
    Hi, I'm Crafty! Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Crafty Kell

www.craftykell.blogspot.com
    Who says you can't make art out of yarn? View C.K.'s blog to see proof!

Crafty Kell's Curls
    www.craftykellscurls.blogspot.com
    Join C.K. as she journals her adventures with her hair.

Crafty Kell on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/craftykell
    Like C.K. on FB if you value the joys of D.I.Y!
  • ShondadiniShondadini Posts: 205Registered Users
    Herbal essence hello hydration conditioner. I was using it as a leave in but the changed the ingredients now it has sodium hydroxide in it. Totally bad for business and it didn't really leave me with a moisturizer feeling
  • frizzybarbiefrizzybarbie Posts: 483Registered Users
    Some of Miss Jessie's products have parafinium liquidum...which is mineral oil!
    4a pencil-sized corkscrews that are low porosity, fine, thick, & layered
    Shondadini wrote: »
    Herbal essence hello hydration conditioner. I was using it as a leave in but the changed the ingredients now it has sodium hydroxide in it. Totally bad for business and it didn't really leave me with a moisturizer feeling

Plus you should never leave sodium hydroxide in hair(rise it out) because it is corrosive and could dissolve hair over time.

The conclusion of my research was that sodium hydroxide is OK to rinse out, but not to leave in...

• j21holmesj21holmes Posts: 16Registered Users
    I hate herbal essences totally twisted

Sent from my Desire HD using CurlTalk App
  • QtBoutiqueQtBoutique Posts: 121Registered Users
    I couldn't stand Goddess Curls Or Curls Creme Brulee from target. Neither of them did a dang thing for my hair. The Creme Brulee didn't define or clump andything, the Goddess Curls smells like plastic and they don't work well together in my hair. I just couldn't stand that stuff. I may swap them or something, because I have no use for them.

event.png

Check out my YouTube channel! Please and thank you! :happy7:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2FGeminiCurls" class="Popup

For more detailed info, here's the blog!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fmylongnaturalhair.com" class="Popup
  • coco_bunnycoco_bunny Posts: 216Registered Users
    I think out of alll the drugstore products I've tried the one my hair hated the most was the Pantene Relaxed and Natural. Knowing what I know now, I can see why my hair didn't like it. BUT when I was in Middle School you couldn't tell me nothing. If a bottle told me anything short of a miracle and said it was for "black" hair I would buy it. When I use to CO wash w/ Pantene I had SO much build up, I could feel AND see the wax on my scalp. When I saw the new "Curl" line I knew that if this was 5 years ago I would have totally bought into that B.S and just blamed my hair. Pantene = Bottled Wax :angry3:
    BC ~ August 2010 ~ GOAL ~ hip/tail bone length :love4:
    Current Length: 12 inches
    TWO YEARS NATURAL! :occasion1:
    3b/3c VERY naturally porous hair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • erinbriterinbrit Posts: 2Registered Users
    Tigi's catwalk curls rock curl amplifier...STAY AWAY lol
  • ShondadiniShondadini Posts: 205Registered Users
    Omg! anything Motions idc how the change to those pretty green bottles or the supposed benefits to black hair. Plz don't b like me and get wraped up in that crap. I haven't used any of it for years but I was looking at an old bottle and it has so many bad things including mineral oil ugh
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    I wouldn't recommend kccc I hate the consistency and the product made my hair very crunchy. A lot of ppl rave about it so I purchased it but I really regret it. I purchased it in November and I still have just about a full jar.

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • stargazer613stargazer613 Posts: 103Registered Users
    I do not recommend the Everyday Shea Moisturizing Conditioner in Lavender. I didn't find it to be very moisturizing and it gave me major knots.

Also, from the same line, the beautiful curls shea butter curl cream was wretched, everything from the scent to the residue to the major crunch.
    Natural/3c/4a
    Loves: EMB, QB, Shea Moisture Style Milk, AO cons, Evoo, honey, jojoba oil, castor oil, shea butter, acv
    /herb rinses, henna

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.public.fotki.com%2Fstargazer613%2F" class="Popup
  • JoliePoetiqueJoliePoetique Posts: 178Registered Users
    I know a lot of people love it, but shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie caused my hair to come out.
    3c/4a, low porosity
    Detangler: Whole leaf AVJ
    Shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse Out Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish Spa or V05 MM
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT, Elucence MB
    Deep Conditioner: Add honey and olive oil to any conditioner
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root or Amla Heavy Oil
    Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Eco Custard (eco styler gel + olive oil), Jane Carter Curl Cream :thumright:
    Oils: Olive, jojoba, coconut
    Butters: NONE! :sign6::puker:
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users
    Yeah.. I hated Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (frankly all the Herbal Essence stuff is a bust for me) I hate KCCC (and yet I have 3b/3c hair and tons of people with that hair type seem to love it), White Rain conditoners, Pantene Relaxed & Natural as well as the Regular Pantene line..ugh. Cantu Shea Butter, Carol's Daughter (hated everything I tried in this line and I tried a lot of it), Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Moisturizer.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • NaturalBeauty79NaturalBeauty79 Posts: 256Registered Users
    Damn whT products do u like lol?
  • apolloapollo Posts: 114Registered Users
    Mixed chicks used to work for my hair and now it makes it feel like straw.... I love kccc!

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
    3C curly/wavy/kinky hair.
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users
    Damn whT products do u like lol?

If you mean me personally.. I like Tresemme Naturals, Giovanni, Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, Aubrey Organics, Shea Moisture (in moderation), Suave Naturals conditioners, VO5 conditoners, natural oils like castor, olive, macadamian nut, almond, vitamin E, coconut oil (as a rinse out).

I'm a CG girl mainly..usually a lot of water based CG products work well for me..as well as water based products that include emollients.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users
    Ecostyler Crystal, Olive Oil, & Argan Oil - all the ones with hold #10. Made my hair into a crunchy mess.

Cantu Shea Butter - Ick.
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg