Zumba

KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Registered Users Posts: 1,847
So I just wanted to get y'alls opinion on Zumba. We have it for the Wii and I really enjoy doing it even if I look stupid. But we had some friends over and they were saying that some of the moves were really weird (as in not being a dance move) which I know, cause it is for working out. How do y'all like it and have you noticed a difference? I really enjoy it, and I can always tell it in my calves. :)
<3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3

Comments

• VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
    My only experience with zumba is a class I took several years ago...I really didn't like it so I'm not much help...sorry!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • Paigenc05Paigenc05 Registered Users Posts: 3
    I love Zumba, i take it at my gym once a week. It is a great workout u can burn lots of calories.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Registered Users Posts: 1,847
    :) I really like it too! I haven't done it in like a week though! ughhh, I really need to work out.. :) I've heard that it's a lot of fun to go to a class, but we have it on the Wii, so that's how I do it. :)
    LOL I just noticed that all my smilies are in a row...
  • SanaxRadianceSanaxRadiance Registered Users Posts: 95
    I got it for the wii too! :D
    I love it, it's so much fun and I can feel the burn lol.
    People say classes are better, but heck. I'm super shy and clumsy, so I'll stick to the wii :p
    lol Yeah, I'm always going the opposite way of everyone else... But I can definitely feel the burn too!
  • SCGSCG Registered Users Posts: 5,416
    I'm still having a blast with the Wii game! I actually look forward to exercising each morning.

But, I need to find a better pair of shoes for it... I do it in a carpeted room, and if I go without shoes, I get blisters on my feet. But when I wear athletic shoes, they get stuck on the carpet, and it makes it hard to move around (and they've made me twist my ankle a couple of times)!

What do you guys wear? Maybe I'm just over thinking it! :p

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • curlykristxcurlykristx Registered Users Posts: 445
    i bought the dvd of this but havent tried it

has anyone had weight loss results with zumba????
  • evelynnalfredevelynnalfred Registered Users Posts: 324
    I use it on my XBox. I feel like it burns a lot of calories.
  • irociroc Registered Users Posts: 7,890 Curl Neophyte
    I did 40 minutes today.

I have the same shoes/no shoes problem. And it's pretty hard on my back. I actually want to do it though, and it works up quite a sweat.

Using my iphone. Expect typos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Registered Users Posts: 714
    I started going to a Zumba class a couple months ago. I only go once a week, but I enjoy it. It's fun when there are more people jumping around with you. :blob5:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • EdenRoseEdenRose Registered Users Posts: 181
    i am hoping to get it for the wii as a gift sometime soon but i took one class at school and loved it i think it's fun. but most work outs make you look weird anyway i found it the most fun when i switch up from going to gym.
    https://twitter.com/Lov3Revolution

Last Relaxer-March 2011
    :occasion2:BC- 7-11-2011
    When you get the choice to sit out or dance, I hope you dance <3

Hair Type: ?
    Tons of whirls and curls and coils on my head. My hair's sometimes my best friend and other times we're at odds. But either way it's curls to the end. No need for a relaxer cause there's no reason to stress, my tresses are at their best
    :wav:

Length goal : Shoulder Length :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file