RC VS. BIGEN

SIMASIMA Posts: 83Registered Users
Is bigen more drying to hair or Rc colors.

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've never used Bigen, but I've used RC's Color every month for over 10 yrs, and can say that it has never dried my hair out at all. My hair is in great condition. :) Peroxide and ammonia free.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Some day I will try RC color so that I can provide a meaningful comparison. I've tried Bigen and just about every permanent and semi-permanent brand of hair color available in drugstores and health food stores for the past 7 years (so, pretty much every type of hair color marketed by Garnier, L'oreal, Clairol, Naturtint and Herbatint). Bigen is my favorite for long lasting gray coverage that is gentle to my hair and doesn't require heat to penetrate the hair shaft. But Bigen only works if you favor rich, dark brunette colors. It comes out dark. So, if that's not what you want, you should try other brands, like RC.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't use a dark color and that's why I like RC. Also it's ammonia/peroxide free and totally non-drying for my hair.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • SIMASIMA Posts: 83Registered Users
    thank you every one, i guess i am going to get RC color. what color is best for dark brown? i thought i might order golden chestnut does this color cover or belend about 30% gray hair or does it come very light.
    thank you again.
    Sima
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    SIMA wrote:
    thank you every one, i guess i am going to get RC color. what color is best for dark brown? i thought i might order golden chestnut does this color cover or belend about 30% gray hair or does it come very light.
    thank you again.
    Sima

Golden chestnut gave me medium brown. The color chart is true if your hair is white or blond. If your hair is darker the color will be darker. I have 80% gray roots and use golden beige blonde to blend with my light brown.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    SIMA wrote:
    thank you again.
    Sima

Golden chestnut gave me medium brown. The color chart is true if your hair is white or blond. If your hair is darker the color will be darker. I have 80% gray roots and use golden beige blonde to blend with my light brown.
    I have about 30-40% gray in the crown and I use golden chestnut. It blends my gray with my medium/dark brown hair.

You can see my pics in my album link below, pw in sig.

Do you have pics of your hair? It would help. Otherwise, it's safest to choose a color about 2-3 shades lighter than what you think you want, so it doesn't come out too dark.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • SIMASIMA Posts: 83Registered Users
    Sorry, i dont have picture of my hair. i ordered golden chestnut , as soon as i get it i post.
    love
    sima

right now using Aubrey honey suckle shampoo and conditinor love it, and Garnier fruit and sleek leave in love it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file