Kinda confused about this whole treatment

Hey guys I'm new to this forum, I usually post in the curly teens section but I have a couple of questions about this treatment because my mom said I could get it I'm just not sure yet.

1. Does it leave your hair curly afterwards? This was my biggest question because I still want my curls I just want to soften them a bit and maybe loosen my curl pattern. Would this treatment do this?

2. Does it cost a lot of money? My mom would be paying for this and I don't want her to have to pay too much.

3. How long does it last, and do you have to get it redone?

4. When it's starting to go away, do your curls return to normal?

5. What does your hair look like after you get it done?
6. And lastly, how has your experience been with this treatment?

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Here is an article we wrote about keratin treatments. It should answer most of your questions!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • happytreefunhappytreefun Posts: 59Registered Users
    Ok thank u so much! :D
  • shyashya Posts: 4Registered Users
    1. It is best to talk to the stylist because everybody's curl is diff but yes you will still have it. But the process will straighten and make your hair look longer.It will only take ten min to dry or you can air dry and go with curl.

2. I'm answering this because im a parent and i appreciated you doing the research.It can cost up to 500 but i just got my first b.b at a beauty school for 100

3. Im told it last 12 weeks but as my hair texture is thin it could last longer this is why it's best to talk to a stylist.

4. yes it grows out,after you get it done you will prob need a hair cut or at least a trim.

5.I'm still on my first week so far im lovin the long straight hair!!!! dont 4get beauty schools liscened teachers supervise and the price diff is huge

prepare for a long day though,it takes like 3hrs
    enjoy ur hair....
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    the most I've ever heard anyone paying for a keratin treatment is 350 bucks, and I live in New York City! Sign up for living social or groupon. They have deals all the time. My friend just got a rejuvenol keratin treatment for 99 bucks and she has thick long 3c curls.

As for straight hair? This will only straighten your hair IF your hair is naturally wavy AND lots and lots of heat is used to kind of kill your natural curls. Otherwise, it'll wash out in about 8 weeks, or less! After 4 weeks my curl are ready for a new one, which is why I do my treatment at home :-). You can try this treatment yourself with the CVS organix at home treatment. for 15 bucks you can't go wrong ( unless you are blond becaue it does something to blond or dyed hair.) Check out the reviews on amazon.
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
    While every salon service and price may very at home is always an option.I have very curly hair as well but opted for something that i could do either "stick straight" or "curly" it depends on exactly what your loking for.The brazilian blowout does not hurt blonde and is not bad on color treated hair it actually seals the color in.I think so far the only downfall would be you have to buy there product to maintain it. I heard the brazialian blowout shampoo n conditioner line work on helping to maintain frizz and keeping the curl looking nice even w/o the brazilian b.b of course you wont be able to have the straight hair
    shya wrote: »
    While every salon service and price may very at home is always an option.I have very curly hair as well but opted for something that i could do either "stick straight" or "curly" it depends on exactly what your loking for.The brazilian blowout does not hurt blonde and is not bad on color treated hair it actually seals the color in.I think so far the only downfall would be you have to buy there product to maintain it. I heard the brazialian blowout shampoo n conditioner line work on helping to maintain frizz and keeping the curl looking nice even w/o the brazilian b.b of course you wont be able to have the straight hair

The BB products are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. Lots of cheaper options out there. Good Luck!
    Hairguru17 wrote: »

The BB products are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. Lots of cheaper options out there. Good Luck!

A $27.00-38.00 bottle can last a few months and you use
    sparingly. I found www.amazon.com the cheapest
    Hairguru17 wrote: »

A $27.00-38.00 bottle can last a few months and you use
    sparingly. I found www.amazon.com the cheapest
    I rest my case. 38 bucks for some shampoo??? And there is NOTHING fabulous about these products. Trust me. There are PLENTY of cheaper options. If you are okay with non natural shampoos and conditioners, try organix keratin line sold at target, cvs, walgreens, walmart, etc. at 6 bucks a bottle, it's worth a shot.
  • happytreefunhappytreefun Posts: 59Registered Users
    Thank you all so much, you have helped me a lot!!
  • lpaigenyclpaigenyc Posts: 6Registered Users
    I was told by my stylist that the treatments don't work as well on virgin hair (hair that has not been chemically processed in any way). She said the results won't be as dramatic. I would check with stylist though to make sure. I did my first treatment at home on Sunday and it wasn't as hard as I was expecting, I ordered a sample of QOD off of eBay for $39+shipping. I have had it done at a salon three times and didn't feel like spending another $200 again! Good luck!
  • morningstarmorningstar Posts: 144Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Happytreefun - did you decide to do the keratin? If you and your mom can flat iron, I highly suggest ordering a sample from ebay and trying it yourself at home. If you can get a good deal at a salon or even try an express treatment at a salon (usually 75 dollars) that might be an option too. I recently did one of my daughters friends hair and the result were awesome on her virgin hair. I kept telling her it might not take too much to her hair because she had virgin hair with virtually no damage. It came out beautiful and she is in love with the treatment. We used keratincure from ebay. Its been a month and she is only noticing maybe a little difference and she has swam in the ocean (salt removes keratin). She does wet her hair and put in leave in condish before swimming. Her hair is still slightly wavy, but the frizz and volume have been reduced drastically. This is exactly the result she wanted, so I am really happy! Good luck
    3B dark brown shoulder length
    Co-wash, Living Proof No frizz, Biolage Gel, Giovanni vitapro fusion leave in

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file