Babyled weaning ...

DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
what are some good foods to start with ?

Comments

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    My kids both loved avocado, though that was a little slippery and hard to grasp.

Also, fruit. I would give my daughter apple wedges and peach wedges and let her suck on them. She also loved steak. She would suck all the juices out of it.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Avocado, tomato, small bits of tortilla. I LOVED my babysafe feeder with both kids. Fruits, meats, essentially everything went in that. I did babyled weaning with my second and thought it was the greates thing ever. So much easier than tons of baby food. Good for you.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    How old is your kid/s that you want to do this with again, Delma?

I did this with J I guess, but he was exclusively breast fed till 12 months - no solids, cereals, juices etc. at all and then I planned to gradually introduce foods, but he pretty much started eating everything in sight right away, so I don't have any advice. I THINK the first things we tried were avocados, sweet potatoes, rice, various fruits, applesauce - those are the ones I remember, but it pretty quickly became whatever was on our plates.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• PoPo Posts: 2,607Registered Users
    I let M just eat (suck on) bits of what the rest of were eating. I think we started with bananas and boiled carrots. He loved sucking on steak strips.

sent from my broken EVO shift :(
    3c/4a
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    @ Amneris The twins are only 22 wks right now I'm just get ready :). I wasn't able to produce enough milk for the twins sadly so they are formula fed :(.

thanks for the suggestions ladies :)

Avocado, tomato, small bits of tortilla. I LOVED my babysafe feeder with both kids. Fruits, meats, essentially everything went in that. I did babyled weaning with my second and thought it was the greates thing ever. So much easier than tons of baby food. Good for you.

I had something similar when my son was little but this looks better since you get replacement bags ,thanks for the link!

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    How did you know your child was ready? I've read info about baby led weaning and I've wanted to exclusively BF until 12 mos. With M, I ended up giving her cereal at 4 mos (she hated it and moved on to fruits and veggies) because she was sitting up unassisted and she was showing an interest in solids. Now I'm going through the same thing with E. Mealtime is getting increasingly hard. She stares at us while we eat, if she's sitting on my lap while I'm eating she opens her mouth everytime I bring the food to my mouth, she reaches for it and/or lunges toward the food, and she always gets upset to the point of crying. But she's so young- she's almost 17 weeks.

Blame it on the cell phone...
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I gave my daughter fist-sized pieces of food she could hold starting at around E's age. I figured if she was ready, she'd actually ingest some, if she wasn't she'd just play with them.

IMG_0306-vi.jpg
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I started with Luke at about 4 months. His doctor and WIC were recommending it at the time. Little bugger hadn't doubled his birthweight yet and they thought it would help. Seemed to do the trick and he loved being part of the dinner table. It was also much easier to wean with soft solids. He could hold them, we weren't a slave to jars and spoons all the time. We could all enjoy a meal at the same time instead of me being left alone to eat a lukewarm dinner because I was busy feeding baby. I did still use some jarred food at lunch time and out to dinner, etc.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file