Best Flat Iron for African American 4a hair?

CoaCoaBean08CoaCoaBean08 Posts: 734Registered Users
I have a Hair Art flat iron, but it's not all that. It's durable, though. I've had it for years. Anyway I'm thinking of trying a Roller Set/Wrap +Flat Iron combo in getting my hair straight, and I'd like to know what flat irons are best. I've done some research already but I'm interested to see what you ladies have to say here.
head full of wild crazy kinks and curls :cool:
"Make your choice adventurous stranger;
Strike the bell and bide the danger.
Or wonder, til it drives you mad,
What would have followed if you had."

"I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying 'this is fiction.'" -Ian McKellen

Comments

• AlliekinsAlliekins Posts: 21Registered Users
    2 brands

Sedu

Solia

You can get em on folica.com In the meantime sign up for their emails they have tons of promotions and you can use a coupon and get a great deal on one.
  • JoliePoetiqueJoliePoetique Posts: 178Registered Users
    Sedu. U can buy at Ulta. Ultra smooth.
    3c/4a, low porosity
    Detangler: Whole leaf AVJ
    Shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse Out Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish Spa or V05 MM
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT, Elucence MB
    Deep Conditioner: Add honey and olive oil to any conditioner
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root or Amla Heavy Oil
    Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Eco Custard (eco styler gel + olive oil), Jane Carter Curl Cream :thumright:
    Oils: Olive, jojoba, coconut
    Butters: NONE! :sign6::puker:
  • AlliekinsAlliekins Posts: 21Registered Users
    Sedu. U can buy at Ulta. Ultra smooth.

Agreed. Sedu is the jam. You can get at ulta... my mom got one at Ulta but I payed about $45 bucks less for mine on folica.com cause they email me coupons and I got a free heat mat, a sedu heat protectant and some tote bag for free ^^ :D
  • MoaeMoae Posts: 1Registered Users
    I like the Baby Bliss Flat Iron. I read about it on ManeandChic.com and it said it is good for natural hair...and how! I would recommend this to anyone.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using CurlTalk App
  • bklyn_bellebklyn_belle Posts: 423Registered Users
    I use hana elite but that shiz is expensive.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    Texture: proud 4a (3c at the nape).
    Regimen: co-wash everyday.deep condition, de-tangle and seal once a week.
    Current Favs: Treseme Naturals shampoo & conditioner, wide tooth comb, coconut oil, Shea Moisture curling smoothie, ampro clear styling gel .
    Protective Style: buns

visit my fashion & culture website: http://www.beautyandthestreetmag.blogspot.com
  • readyhairreadyhair Posts: 1Registered Users
    i use the hana elite too and it was a little expensive BUT it's the only flat iron ive ever used that doesnt damage my hair! it works really well and ive had it for like 3 years so its a pretty good investment if you ask me :glasses1:
  • ShondadiniShondadini Posts: 205Registered Users
    I gotta go with the sedu from folica awesome deals
  • CarolQ3CarolQ3 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Karmin makes the best in my opinion. :hello1:
  • sloka25sloka25 Posts: 78Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use the Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium flat iron. My friend who has super tight curls also uses the same one and it works really well. Avoid buying it on Amazon and Ebay as there are a lot of fake ones floating around. Another flat iron I love is the Karmin G3 Salon Pro. I have heard good things about the Irresistible Me Diamond flat iron as well. If you're on a tight budget the Remington Wet 2 Straight flat iron works well too (always use it on dry hair though), but I found it damages the hair more.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file