CurlTalk

New Product Alert: Curly Kinks

CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
11.gif
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users
    CocoT wrote: »

Ah! This is CKC's line, and with no ingredients list? She knows better.

Tried it yet?

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    It looks like she just launched. But I haven't tried it. I was just fishing for reviews, seeing if anyone's interested or have even heard of the line.
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • moosegrl_86moosegrl_86 Posts: 403Registered Users
    She offers samples. I may give it a whirl when I have some change next month.
    Whoop whoop! :hello1:
    imager.php?id=1557276 GIFSoup
    Last relaxer: December 20, 2008
    4a/b, medium-fine, normal porosity & elasticity, thick
  • suns4i6esuns4i6e Posts: 77Registered Users
    Thanks for posting this CocoT. I'm always on the hunt for a styler to rival my beloved KCCC. I'm thrilled neither of the products contain shea butter. Here are the ingredients listed on the site for those interested.

Curly Kinks Coil Custard:
    Botanical Infusion of Purified Water, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract, Sea Kelp, Xanthan Gum, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Vegetable Glycerin, Agave Nectar, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil , Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Meadowfoam (Limnanthes alba) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol, Frangrance, Citric Acid

Curly Kinks Satin Roots Leave In:
    Botanical Infusion of Distilled Water, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm), Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root, Vegetable Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Pro-Vitamin B5 (Panthenol), Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    She finally launched the line! I don't know if I'll try it. I don't do wash n gos, but I could use it for twisting.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • happyfacehappyface Posts: 845Registered Users
    I'll have to try this out since she has samples. I don't know why I always thought she was the owner of Shida Naturals.
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    She is/was the owner of goodhairmart.com
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
    sagehen wrote: »
    She is/was the owner of goodhairmart.com

Ok, thanks. At least now I know I'm not totally crazy.
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
  • LolaKinkzLolaKinkz Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    hmmmm, It would be nice if she had a grand opening sale
    BC: June 16th 2010
    TYPE: 4a/b; color treated, nml-high porosity; fine w/ med density
    :love4:Product Connoisseur:love4:

OMG my hair wets when water touches it!
    www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz
    www.facebook.com/AshleyLolaKinkz

• coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    Cool! Glad to see she finally lauched. Congrats to her!
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
    Well, I haven't tried it yet but I placed my order for samples on 7/11 and received it yesterday, 7/14. Great shipping time. Both the leave in and the custard have the appearance, consistency of a KCKT and KCCC. As for the fragrance...I can't really describe it. I find it pleasant, a light, slightly sweet perfume maybe. I'm sorry because I think fragrance is important and I can't really place this one. I will ask others to sniff my jar and tell me what they think it smells like. I intend to audition both products tomorrow.
    I kind of anticipated these products being similar to the Kinky Curly stuff. :/
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
  • curlykinky21curlykinky21 Posts: 112Registered Users
    I don't see coil custard on the site...is it now called coil jam? #confused.
  • virtuouswoman908virtuouswoman908 Posts: 58Registered Users
    You're right about that one!
    LolaKinkz wrote: »
    hmmmm, It would be nice if she had a grand opening sale

Sent from my Zio using CurlTalk App
  • shamonica38663shamonica38663 Posts: 207Registered Users
    I don't see coil custard on the site...is it now called coil jam? #confused.

Its the same thing, she just changed the name so it would not sound so similar to KCCC.
    It did sound very similar. That plus the name of the company. I'm anxiously awaiting reviews...
  • thehvcthehvc Posts: 13Registered Users
    I'm also looking for a KCCC alternative. I just ordered my samples. Shipping is cheaper than most places. I'm looking forward to trying them- the ingredients look good.
    -THICK 4a
    -The WnG is how I'm currently wearing my hair.
    -Currently switching back & forth between As I Am Naturally and Kinky-Curly products
  • quietstormquietstorm Posts: 148Registered Users
    I have been waiting for this to come out! Waiting for reviews like everyone else!
    3c/4a mix with an annoying loose wavy area in crown.

Thick Strands, Medium Density, Normal Porosity

BC in Jan. 2009 after transitioning for about 2 yrs

Current Length: APL

Product Junkie
    . I have tried it all... well almost. :glasses8:

I
    ♥ Ayurveda!
  • montREALadymontREALady Posts: 1,210Registered Users
    thehvc wrote: »
    I'm also looking for a KCCC alternative. I just ordered my samples. Shipping is cheaper than most places. I'm looking forward to trying them- the ingredients look good.

I wanted to get a sample of the jam, but the shipping is $5.10, more than the sample, lol. I'll wait for reviews.
    Here someone did a youtube review of her product ‪Product review on Gel = Curly Kinks‬‏ - YouTube
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    I ordered the coil jam yesterday and received a shipping notification this morning.
    Here the owner of Curly Kinks is demostrating how to use her product.

‪Curly Kinks Product Application Demo‬‏ - YouTube
  • sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users
    Here the owner of Curly Kinks is demostrating how to use her product.

‪Curly Kinks Product Application Demo‬‏ - YouTube
    Great video. I may have to try this. KCCC is drying me out!!!
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
    Her results were pretty.
    11.gif
    -Albert Einstein
    I will have to play with this some more. My hair responded to the Satin Roots Leave in and Coil Custard (or Jam, I believe she changed the name) very similarly to KCKT and KCCC, as expected. However, my hair was not as hydrated with these products as they are with KC. I don't use KCKT, as I find GDLI more moisturizing but Satin Roots is similar and only lightly moisturizing in my opinion. In addition to my hair feeling a bit dryer, the hold is not as strong as KCCC. My s-curls and kinks prefer a stronger hold.
    This is my opinion after only one use so I will try to get another use out of that sample using GDLI as my leave in.
    I received my package and a free sample of the leave in!

I checked her site as im updating my blog and noticed she dropped her Curl Refresh as well as a deep conditioner coming soon
    I received my package and a free sample of the leave in!

I checked her site as im updating my blog and noticed she dropped her Curl Refresh as well as a deep conditioner coming soon

Let us know girlie! You doing your hair today?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    I wont be able to try it out until Sunday, Im going for a really big braidout tomorrow night
    ok so the leave in is really softening as well as moisturizing. it goes on very well and absorbs easily. I like this 10 times more than Knot Today.

The Coil Jam doesnt compare to KCCC IMO, this went on easy but my hair didnt curl but waved up. That only usually happens with light curl enhancers and thats what this feels like to me. I didnt use it on soaking wet hair but damp hair.

I am currently air drying so I will see how it dries. The smell is very mild though. It starts out like Warm Vanilla Sugar but fades .
    ok so the leave in is really softening as well as moisturizing. it goes on very well and absorbs easily. I like this 10 times more than Knot Today.

The Coil Jam doesnt compare to KCCC IMO, this went on easy but my hair didnt curl but waved up. That only usually happens with light curl enhancers and thats what this feels like to me. I didnt use it on soaking wet hair but damp hair.

I am currently air drying so I will see how it dries. The smell is very mild though. It starts out like Warm Vanilla Sugar but fades .

CKC mentioned elongation in her video so maybe that's why you waved vs. curled?

Better than Kckt?! Alrighty then!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter