BKT and Sweating??

spoiltmomspoiltmom Posts: 35Registered Users
Okay ladies I did my first BKT back in October. It lasted for 4 months.

About a month ago I finally got a chance to do it again, I've used Softliss both times. Anyway, I recently started running every day and my head/scalp sweats like crazy. It's only been a month and my hair is puffy and big again.

I'm assuming the salt in the sweat is causing this? Is it safe to do the Softliss monthly? Would you?

Right now my hair is too short to go in a ponytail, which is my normal bad hair day go to so I'm thinking until it grows out more I could do the BKT monthly right?
Type 2B hair

Comments

• AphroDivaAphroDiva Posts: 183Registered Users
    spoiltmom wrote: »
    Okay ladies I did my first BKT back in October. It lasted for 4 months.

About a month ago I finally got a chance to do it again, I've used Softliss both times. Anyway, I recently started running every day and my head/scalp sweats like crazy. It's only been a month and my hair is puffy and big again.

I'm assuming the salt in the sweat is causing this? Is it safe to do the Softliss monthly? Would you?

Right now my hair is too short to go in a ponytail, which is my normal bad hair day go to so I'm thinking until it grows out more I could do the BKT monthly right?

Hello there! Yes, the sweat can do a number on your BKT. Yes you can retouch your roots monthly ( or full head if you want)
    Remember, the treatment is cumulative. So if the rest if the hair is looking great and only roots are getting affected so fast by sweat, I would do the roots every month and do a full head treatment every 3-4 months!

Hope this helped!
  • BubbleiciousBubbleicious Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hi Spoiltmom,
    I'm having a similar problem--I sweat out my BK pretty quick too, usually in about 2 months. I have the Marcia Teixeira, but it's really pricey and to have it done more than every 3 months or so is out of the question. What is the Softliss that you mentioned and how much does it cost?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file