What are your favorite vegetarian recipes without soy?

NalliaNallia Registered Users Posts: 2,979
I get tired of meat and fish, especially in the summer, and love to eat dishes with alternate protein sources. I can't eat soy (except for good soy sauce) so I eat a lot of lentils and beans. I need some inspiration because I'm having some trouble thinking of things to make.

:)
"...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg

Comments

• wild~hairwild~hair Registered Users Posts: 9,890 Curl Neophyte
    Quinoa has a lot of protein. Try adding nuts to your cooking, too.

Are you looking for more bean-based recipes? Do you eat cheese and yogurt? Eggs?

I'm mostly vegetarian and I very rarely eat soy. Above are most of my sources of protein.
  • blissdropsblissdrops Banned Banned Users Posts: 216
    This isn't a high protein dish but it's vegan and I'm addicted to it

Avocado Chimichurri Bruschetta Recipe
  • NalliaNallia Registered Users Posts: 2,979
    wild~hair wrote: »
    Quinoa has a lot of protein. Try adding nuts to your cooking, too.

Are you looking for more bean-based recipes? Do you eat cheese and yogurt? Eggs?

I'm mostly vegetarian and I very rarely eat soy. Above are most of my sources of protein.
    Yes to cheese, yogurt, and eggs. I am not vegetarian but I often get tired of the taste of meat, poultry, and fish/seafood. But when I go looking for cooking ideas without them, it seems that most contain soy, which I don't eat. I love beans and nuts and use them a lot, but usually it's just a matter of sauteing or roasting some vegetables and tossing some beans in with them with some garlic and/or herbs or making a salad. I'm bored. lol
    blissdrops wrote: »
    This isn't a high protein dish but it's vegan and I'm addicted to it

Avocado Chimichurri Bruschetta Recipe

Thank you! :)
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

• divegirldivegirl Registered Users Posts: 1,286 Curl Neophyte
    Chana masala! Yummmm.

5492251219_0d79d2569c.jpg
  • fit2servefit2serve Registered Users Posts: 7
    Vegweb.com has plenty of great vegetarian/vegan recipes

Sent from my LG-MS690 using CurlTalk App
  • CheetaraCheetara Registered Users Posts: 2,182 Curl Neophyte
    How about quiche?
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    Pizza - I make my own crust and made one with chopped tomatoes, basil, spinach and goat cheese over the weekend. Really good - and leftovers w/ a sunnyside up egg on top made a great breakfast!

I love making spaghetti squash as pasta, and it can work really well with a pine nut and olive oil sauce and wilted spinach.

Now that I think of it, nearly every favorite vegetarian recipe has spinach.

I do also love stuffed bell peppers with quinoa or beans and other veggies. Chile rellenos is good, too.

Sent from my "smart"phone. Please excuse typos!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    I like to do enchiladas filled with shredded zucchini and/or black beans for enchiladas. Yum!

Noodle bowls with veggies, rice noodles, broth, sriracha are a favorite (OBSESSION) of mine.

Soup, of course...and vegetarian chili.

• blissdropsblissdrops Banned Banned Users Posts: 216
    Munchy wrote: »
    I like to do enchiladas filled with shredded zucchini and/or black beans for enchiladas. Yum!

Noodle bowls with veggies, rice noodles, broth, sriracha are a favorite (OBSESSION) of mine.

Soup, of course...and vegetarian chili.

do you have a recipe for one of your noodle bowls?
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    I prep my noodles (boil if rice noodles, rinse if tofu noodles).

Saute vegetables. It's almost always leftover roasted broccoli, snap peas, onion, pepper, mushroom and sometimes water chestnuts and baby corn.

Add broth to the veggies, then throw in the noodles. I typically use hoisin, fish or oyster sauce (whatever I'm feeling, but not necessary) then throw in the noodles, add sriracha to taste and let it simmer for a little bit.

Sometimes I add any or all at the end: cilantro, lime juice, bean sprouts, pea shooters, or peanuts directly to my bowl.

It's kind of my "bathroom sink" meal. Whatever is around can usually satisfy my noodle bowl craving.

• NalliaNallia Registered Users Posts: 2,979
    I love sriracha!

One of my favorite simple meals is eggs beaten with scallions, soy sauce, and sriracha, (and sometimes oyster sauce too) cooked like an omelete and served over rice.

Sometimes I use this instead:

519iod7AcQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file