We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Deva cut in August

StayCStayC Posts: 107Registered Users
I made an appointment with Joy from Joyfully Curly in Charlotte in August. I'm pretty excited but scared at the saw time. I've always hd a fear of salons. What exactly is a deva cut? For those of you who have had your hair done by Joy how was the experience?

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
:queen:
Hair Type : 3a
Hair Texture - Fine
Porosity - Normal
Elasticity- Low

You Tube

IG: Polishedways

Every curly should get a hair analysis:occasion2:

event.png

Comments

• OrigamiGirlOrigamiGirl Posts: 9Registered Users
    I have not had one and am still researching it because I have not heard any personal experiences but please post a follow up when you get it done with your experience!!!
  • StayCStayC Posts: 107Registered Users
    I will and I will take a before I leave for the salon photo and then an after. Maybe if I'm a good girl and my sweetie comes with me, maybe he'll video it. Oh what fun!

What I think is really great is she wants me to arrive with air dried hair, so she can see the way my curls lay.

I'm also really sorry about the typo's. Next time I post something from the phone I'll be sure to put on my readers or whip out one of my magnifiers.
    :queen:
    Hair Type : 3a
    Hair Texture - Fine
    Porosity - Normal
    Elasticity- Low

You Tube

IG: Polishedways

Every curly should get a hair analysis:occasion2:

event.png
  • McfrizzyMcfrizzy Posts: 406Registered Users
    i think there are online videos, ive never had one but i saw a video where the deva cut styler takes individuals curls and cuts them (not clumps of hair) while your hair is dry, then she wets your hair and restyles it
    Lo-poo:organix Shea butter shampoo
    Co-wash: suave coconut
    Rinse out:GFTN/GVP conditioning balm
    Leave in: GF daily care spray leave in
    Serum-like product: still need one
    Gel:LA looks sport gel/ HESMU,GFPC
    Oils: olive, coconut

I think I'm normal-overly porous, medium-thick hair(although I see fine hair too), love protein

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file