Moved from Introductions Forum

WaveyDudeWaveyDude Registered Users Posts: 4
Hi my name is Aaron, this is the first time that I've grown out my hair, little over shoulder length. Started growing it December 09'. Just covered my hair with a hat up to now.

I would say that my hair ranges from 2b-3b, depending. Up to last week I didn't know that I wasn't suppose to shampoo my hair everyday. Happy to say much of the frizz has gone down, but not all of it.

I'm looking for a fool proof routine so I can just let my hair flow, maybe pull it back without using mass amounts of products. Any tips or hints would be great.

Thanks,

Aaron

I re-posted this from the introduction forums.

I've been using Crew Dry Hair Shampoo and Conditioner.

The photo was taken last August, so add 5 inches...

Really just trying to fight the urge to shave my head.

Comments

• PRINCETONPRINCETON Registered Users Posts: 872
    The biggest mistake I've made before was only shampooing for years and never conditioning lol. That was about 10 years ago.

It depends on how flat you want the hair to be when pulled back. Currently my hair is pulled flat almost like you can't tell I have a lot of hair until I show my ponytail.

I find it's easier to not pull all straight back but to thin it out by kinda parting in middle and going to the sides and also back. This lets you use less product but I have chosen to brush just the top and sides back into ponytail. After I secure the ponytail I add conditioner to top and sides and then brush with a very wet brush. This reinforces and lays the frizzy parts down too.

PRINCETON BROOKE
    iMessage on iOS5
    [email protected]
  • PRINCETONPRINCETON Registered Users Posts: 872
    Also, to control frizz just add lots more moisturizing product. Let hair dry completely before touching it. Never comb or brush when hair is not wet.

PRINCETON BROOKE
    iMessage on iOS5
    [email protected]
  • WaveyDudeWaveyDude Registered Users Posts: 4
    Thank you for the advice, I rocked the side and back ponytail yesterday. I think it looked great, at least it didn't frizz out. I'm going to attempt a coconut oil treatment today, hopefully repair some of the damage that has been done.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    WD, are you deep conditioning once a week or so, too?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • WaveyDudeWaveyDude Registered Users Posts: 4
    No, actually I'm trying to go through the Type 3 section trying to making a shopping list.

So far...

Leave in conditioner (Not sure which to get though; it seems people like the garnier line of products)
    Flaxseed, essential oils; to make flax gel
    wide tooth comb
    I had some coconut oil for my skin, so a shower cap

Any good recommendations for shampoos to use after a baking soda/vinegar treatment?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file