favorite sulfate-free detangling shampoos?

cmartin1cmartin1 Posts: 152Registered Users
Lavendercurls posted on my my initial cone-free, sulfate free shampoo question, but I was hoping for input from more people. Do any other wavy girls find that they need to shampoo?

If so, what are your faves?

Has anyone had experience with Abba True Curls? I read on MakeupAlley that it worked well for fine-haired curlyheads like myself. But I would feel better if this product got the stamp of approval from the Naturallycurly 2 Community!

Comments

• lucylandlucyland Posts: 7Registered Users
    I am not a loo-poo or no-poo person since my hair tends to be fine (yet thick). I have 2c/3a hair, highlighted, and have found True Curls to accentuate my curls nicely. I was wondering whether the new filter I placed on my shower but my hair hasn't gone overly curly using more expensive product such as Davines with the filter.

The scent of True Curls was a bit much for me due to the oregano but I've since gotten used to it after three weeks. *At least* the strong herb-y scent is from essential oils and not fragrances. The conditioner doesn't feel as creamy as others but ultimately that doesn't matter to me since my hair actually regains a few ringlets. I assume this lighter rinse encourages the curls.

I will definitely purchase True Curls in the future and even prefer it to Bumble & Bumble, and almost prefer it to Davines because the price is more wallet-friendly.

If you want real heaven splurge and buy a travel size of Pureology Nanoworks.

I've also had decent results with the KMS products for curly hair. Wasn't impressed with Jessiecurl or Ouidad at all. Good luck!
    2B/3A - fine, can't no or low poo | Abba True Curls | Davines Love Curl Enhancing products | KMS CurlUp | Pureology samples :-)
  • SweetPicklesSweetPickles Posts: 850Registered Users
    I've had much better luck with the ABBA Creme Moist shampoo than the True Curls. My hair is really fine and thin and the Creme Moist is the only sulfate-free shampoo that cleanses well, but doesn't overmoisturize and weigh me down.
    Hair type: Completely confused: mostly 3a, some 3b parts, and even 2 in places; very fine and thin.
    Products: Elucence clarifying & MBC; CK, F/X Curl Booster Fixative Gel (when I can find it)
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Posts: 821Registered Users
    I really like Activate shampoo (and condish, and DT) it has coco-betaine, instead of sulfates, it is very moisterising and doesn't weigh my hair down, it smells nice too. The conditioner is one of my HG, and the Dt is really good too. I also like B2b color protecting shampoo, sulfate free also, it is called blue lavender.
  • linda_mlinda_m Posts: 211Registered Users
    I find [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl HCC[/buylink] to be very moisturizing, which for me means detangling. In fact, it's a bit too moisturizing for my hair. I'm liking the Jessicurl GLS better. It's still moisturizing, but not quite as heavy. My hair tends to get limp. I have to stick to very light conditioners and shampoos, or I pull all of the curl out.
    Couple of inches past shoulder length 3A. Shampoo every 3rd or 4th day w/ baby shampoo; Tigi Fashionista conditioner; back to Condition 3-in-1 mousse . Alternate days water rinse, conditioner and mousse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file