Water + Products?

I've heard that it works well to mix conditioner and other products of your choice and simply put it in a spray bottle and thin it down with water. Does this actually work or should I try to be more precise?I'm afraid to try it until I've done some more research. I have 3b curly hair.
3b
Organix Conditioner
Loreal leave-in conditioner
As I Am Hair Milk
As I Am Curling Jelly

:colors:

Comments

• bliss611bliss611 Posts: 238Registered Users
    It works. You just have to fiddle with the proportions until you figure out what works for you. Just shake really well before you spray.

Also - do small batches. I'm not sure if it matters but I'm always afraid the mix will go bad since the preservatives in the conditioner are now diluted.

This morning I mixed 2 parts water with 1 part protein filler and a big drop of conditioner in a small 1.5 oz bottle and used that revive my droopy 2nd day curls. Worked well (seems my hair loves protein)

I would imagine you can mix in whatever conditioner you like.

I want to try doing this with gel next time - not sure if that would work...
    3B curls
    Medium texture
    Normal elasticity
    High porosity
  • itslissyitslissy Posts: 35Registered Users
    bliss611 wrote: »
    It works. You just have to fiddle with the proportions until you figure out what works for you. Just shake really well before you spray.

Also - do small batches. I'm not sure if it matters but I'm always afraid the mix will go bad since the preservatives in the conditioner are now diluted.

This morning I mixed 2 parts water with 1 part protein filler and a big drop of conditioner in a small 1.5 oz bottle and used that revive my droopy 2nd day curls. Worked well (seems my hair loves protein)

I would imagine you can mix in whatever conditioner you like.

I want to try doing this with gel next time - not sure if that would work...

I mix 1tbsp condish and 1tbsp gel in a little plastic bowl then add 1tbsp water...mix it up and I use that after my gel to break up the crunch of just gel alone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Curls are like curves, there's nothing sexier than rockin' them the way God gave 'em to ya!
    Blogger
    YouTube
    Co-Wash: Alberto VO5 Moisture Milks Conditioner Passion Fruit Smoothie
    Leave In:L’Oreal Nature’s Therapy Liquid Energy Fortifying Treatment
    Stylers: John Freida Root Awakening Gel, Miss Jesse's Baby butter creme
  • bliss611bliss611 Posts: 238Registered Users
    Thanks itslissy!
    I'm going to try the gel mix next time. I want to use it as a hold refresher for second day hair.
    3B curls
    Medium texture
    Normal elasticity
    High porosity
  • Cuban-curl-ECuban-curl-E Posts: 476Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I made an "all in one" spray I found from old thread and use that on second day hair. Still needs some tweaking for me though. I used LALSG so when I spray on dry hair just tends to give me crunchy and thin ends.

Bliss, what is a protein filler? I would like to add protein or try PT once in a while for balance.
    3a/b, fine texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, mod-CG 7/11/11

Poo: KC Come Clean, SM Moisture Retention
    CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin
    Style: AIF, HESMU, Biolage gelee, KCCC
    LOOB for second day hair

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    what is a protein filler?

I'm not Bliss, but I believe she was referring to Neutral Protein Filler, which you can get (super cheap) at Sally's, then add to conditioners, deep treatments, and curl refresher spray for a quick and easy protein boost.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • Stormy1958Stormy1958 Posts: 99Registered Users
    LA Looks Gel has too much hold/crunchiness for me, I almost always water mine down in a spray bottle in the mornings (no precise measurements, just looking to see if its liquidy enough to squirt out but firm enough to work) and apply to wet hair. I also feel like I'm saving some money by making my product last longer :icon_smile:
    "The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do, and who will be sharing the adventure with them." -Denis Watley

event.png
    *From Training*
  • JoliePoetiqueJoliePoetique Posts: 178Registered Users

+1. I dilute conditioners and shampoos using distilled water, unless I am diluting poo for the day of use. In that case, i use tap water But for conditioners, I also only dilute enough for the day.
    3c/4a, low porosity
    Detangler: Whole leaf AVJ
    Shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Rinse Out Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish Spa or V05 MM
    Leave In Conditioner: KCKT, Elucence MB
    Deep Conditioner: Add honey and olive oil to any conditioner
    Moisturizers: QB Burdock Root or Amla Heavy Oil
    Stylers: Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Eco Custard (eco styler gel + olive oil), Jane Carter Curl Cream :thumright:
    Oils: Olive, jojoba, coconut
    Butters: NONE! :sign6::puker:
  • anchaancha Posts: 20Registered Users
    Oh, in the last time, I made spray with water + aloe vera + styling cream, I use this on second day or reanimation in evening

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file