We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

ACV Rinse

JoJoFreeJoJoFree Posts: 110Registered Users
Hi Ladies,
I just started clarifying monthly with ACV rinse before my protein treatment (CJ Repair Me!). My hair was poppin'!
How often do you rinse? I use half cup ACV to 2 cups water. Is this too much?
Thanks for the input.

Comments

• Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    JoJoFree wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,
    I just started clarifying monthly with ACV rinse before my protein treatment (CJ Repair Me!). My hair was poppin'!
    Thanks for the input.

I've been doing acv rinses for almost a yr now. I do them every other wk when I co-wash. I do an over night DT w/coconut oil, co-wash the next day, detangle, rinse, apply acv (I have a 12oz spray bottle that I fill 1/4 of the way w/apple cider vinegar & the rest water), let sit for 15 to 20mins, rinse w/cool to cold water, then style my hair.

I have noticed less scalp irritation, flaking, buildup, defined curls & shine. As far as how much acv one should use, well that just depends on the person & their hair. While I can stand 1/4 of the bottle someone else may need way less or way more.You will have to just do some experimenting on your part and see how your hair responds. However I think its always best to start out w/a little acv &see how your hair responds, then add more if you want then vice versa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)

Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's

event.png

event.png
  • JoJoFreeJoJoFree Posts: 110Registered Users
    JoJoFree wrote: »
    Hi Ladies,
    Thanks for the input.

I've been doing acv rinses for almost a yr now. I do them every other wk when I co-wash. I do an over night DT w/coconut oil, co-wash the next day, detangle, rinse, apply acv (I have a 12oz spray bottle that I fill 1/4 of the way w/apple cider vinegar & the rest water), let sit for 15 to 20mins, rinse w/cool to cold water, then style my hair.

I have noticed less scalp irritation, flaking, buildup, defined curls & shine. As far as how much acv one should use, well that just depends on the person & their hair. While I can stand 1/4 of the bottle someone else may need way less or way more.You will have to just do some experimenting on your part and see how your hair responds. However I think its always best to start out w/a little acv &see how your hair responds, then add more if you want then vice versa.

Thanks. This is helpful.
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    ACV doesn't clarify.
    You don't need to use that much. Try maybe a tsp (or a tbls) in a cup of water. Then just add more water if you need more rinse

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • anaturalmeanaturalme Posts: 82Registered Users
    I saw a recipe for one to two tablespoons acv to one cup of water. Try that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file