Can my hair be protein sensitive??

dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users
Hey sistas I am in need of some advice.i have ben natural going on 2 years august and I thought I figured out this hair but it is still full of surprises.

So here it goes, back when I was a newbie I had a horrific incident with devacare line.it left my hair stiff and haylike for 2 weeks! I came on here and ranted about my experience on hopes that some1 would help me get my hair back. Long behold I received an overwhelming amount of info that really helped.

Recently I can't seem to figure out why the ends of my hair is so brittle. The only diffrence is its soft but brittle to the touch.

I was doing a flat twist bantu knot, I used samy big curl creame and kimmaytube leave. Mind u these are both trusted products and I have used them times before and got great results. I haven't used them together tho so that could have done it.

I would like to add that 2 days prior to doing the bantu knot I have kimmatube leave in and shea butter.

Do you think my hair may be sensitive to protein, if so what ingredients should I watch out for? Thanks in advance for your feedback
hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
= WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
:love5:
2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

Comments

• moosegrl_86moosegrl_86 Posts: 403Registered Users
    I think the curl cream might be drying your hair out. Some of the ingredients don't look too kosher and they probably don't go well with your leave-in. I don't think I saw any proteins in it but I'm not an expert.:laughing6: Proteins are normally ingredients like hydrolyzed amino acids, silk protein, keratin, etc.
    Whoop whoop! :hello1:
    imager.php?id=1557276 GIFSoup
    Last relaxer: December 20, 2008
    4a/b, medium-fine, normal porosity & elasticity, thick
  • dee-naturedee-nature Posts: 630Registered Users
    I think the curl cream might be drying your hair out. Some of the ingredients don't look too kosher and they probably don't go well with your leave-in. I don't think I saw any proteins in it but I'm not an expert.:laughing6: Proteins are normally ingredients like hydrolyzed amino acids, silk protein, keratin, etc.
    Thanks.i will also post this on the protein sensitive forum for more responses:binky:
    hair type: 4a VERY dense u39v2snfy.png

hair goal
    = WL Aug. 23, 2013

My hair LOVES oil
    :love5:
    2. "Being natural must be the new crack cus im hooked!!":afro:

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is
    perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”:wav:

www.fotki.com/dee-nature-619

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file