Is this Burt's Bees shampoo safe?

Here is the ingredient list for BB pomegranate and soy shampoo:
ngredients: water, decyl glucoside, betaine, glycerin, lauryl glucoside, coco-betaine, sucrose laurate, coco-glucoside, glyceryl oleate, fragrance, punica granatum (pomegranate) extract, soy amino acids, sodium cocyl hydrolyzed soy protein, moringa pterygosperma seed extract, hydroxypropyltrimonium honey, xanthan gum, citric acid, glucose, sodium chloride, leuconostoc/radishroot ferment filtrate, phenoxyethanol, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase.

I still don't know all my sulfates and silicones yet. Can anyone tell me if this is okay to use? Thank you.
Armpit length (dry), middle of back wet, 2c/3a, fine, porous, color-over-gray, normal elasticity. Trying so hard to grow it out.
CG since June 2011 and loving it so far.
Product Junkie-love anything CJ. Used to love KT and KCCC, but lately doing nothing for my hair but flattening it.
Am experimenting with products to see what works for me. Seems like I get different results every day even if I use the same products!

Comments

• SegBSegB Registered Users Posts: 692
    It looks good...Just be watchful; some curlies have found the Burt's Bees poos to be drying.
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
  • kellysmumkellysmum Registered Users Posts: 167
    Thank you. I was going to use it before I do a DT tomorrow night. I'm hoping it cleans real well without stripping. I don't plan to use it for everyday use.

Thanks again.
    Armpit length (dry), middle of back wet, 2c/3a, fine, porous, color-over-gray, normal elasticity. Trying so hard to grow it out.
    Product Junkie-love anything CJ. Used to love KT and KCCC, but lately doing nothing for my hair but flattening it.
    Am experimenting with products to see what works for me. Seems like I get different results every day even if I use the same products!
  • Wavy_Girl1116Wavy_Girl1116 Registered Users Posts: 209
    Burts bees shampoo is AWEFUL!!!! very harsh and drying. After using my hair was a tangled mess!! And my hair doesn't tangle easily! I suggest trying the Shea moisture line!!! Very moisturizing and really great ingredients!! A lot of curlies and wavies love it!!! You can get it at wal greens HTH!!
    Type- 2a
    Texture- Fine
    Porosity- Normal
    Elastisity- Normal
    Density- Medium

CO- Vo5 kiwi lime squeeze, various sauve conditioners, loreal evercurl cleansing co.
    Style- beautiful curls wave enhancing leave-in, pure and clean gel, Shea moisture smoothie
    Techniques- plopping
    CG since- Jan. 15th 2013
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    Technically, it's a low-poo, i.e. doesn't contain sulfate detergents. However it's chocked to the brim with a ton of non-sulfate detergents. I got it when I first started to go CG, and found it very harsh. I got rid of so many non-CG products that I hated to just dump it. Now I use it to clean my toilet, and it works better than any commercial toilet cleaner I've found. I may just buy more when this bottle runs out, but I'd never put it on my hair again.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • kellysmumkellysmum Registered Users Posts: 167
    Thanks for the hilarious reply! Now I know what to use on those stubborn toilet bowl stains!

Candace
  • Wavy_Girl1116Wavy_Girl1116 Registered Users Posts: 209
    Technically, it's a low-poo, i.e. doesn't contain sulfate detergents. However it's chocked to the brim with a ton of non-sulfate detergents. I got it when I first started to go CG, and found it very harsh. I got rid of so many non-CG products that I hated to just dump it. Now I use it to clean my toilet, and it works better than any commercial toilet cleaner I've found. I may just buy more when this bottle runs out, but I'd never put it on my hair again.
    :sign5:
    Type- 2a
    Texture- Fine
    Porosity- Normal
    Elastisity- Normal
    Density- Medium

CO- Vo5 kiwi lime squeeze, various sauve conditioners, loreal evercurl cleansing co.
    Style- beautiful curls wave enhancing leave-in, pure and clean gel, Shea moisture smoothie
    Techniques- plopping
    CG since- Jan. 15th 2013

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file