Haircut Opinions

romigjamromigjam Registered Users Posts: 219
Hey Curlies,
So I've been going through a rough time lately, and I need CHANGE. I've been growing my hair out for over a year now, and I've been dying to get a Pixie cut. Some of my friends and family are for it, others aren't. I would love some honest opinions from the curlies here.

This is my hair on an average day.
254045_10150196711928183_695988182_7085934_4509438_n.jpg

This is my hair at it's best, with lots of happy shrinkage.
000_4107.jpg

I always end up putting it half up or all up by the end of the day. I have wanted to Pixie cut for a few months, so it isn't just a whim. I've also had one before, but WAAAAAAAAAAY before I went curly. So I do understand the grow out process is horrible, but I'm willing to go through it to try a Pixie out.

Opinions?
2bc3a
CG since December '09
loo-poo: Kiss My Face Everywhere Shampoo
cowash: Suave Naturals, CJ DF
rinse out: TN
leave-in: CJHBLI, CJSL, SMRC
stylers: (rotating) CJAF, CCCC, SMCS, Ecostyler, KMFUM
DT: CJCR
PT:CJRM

love oils, avocado and castor oil are my favorite

Iherb discount code TSW857

Comments

• curlykristxcurlykristx Registered Users Posts: 445
    if ya dont try it the "what if" will drive you crazy, hair grows back so nothing is ever permanent, but u could always go halfway between where u are now and where you want jus to see if you feel comfy short....but i say rock it girl!!! nothing feels better when your down then feeling beautiful inside and out.
  • SegBSegB Registered Users Posts: 692
    I think you would look adorable!
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
  • hippiechic81hippiechic81 Registered Users Posts: 1,239
    You are beautiful with lovely curls so pretty much any style will work for you. I say go for it!!! Life is short and hair (almost) always grows back!!!
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/
  • CurlyLinZeeCurlyLinZee Registered Users Posts: 462 Curl Neophyte
    You definitely have the face for it, but I also love your long hair.
    Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair
    Cleansers: CJ Daily Fix
    Conditioners: CJ Beauticurls Argan Oil, Tresemme
    Leave-In Conditioners: CJ BCLI
    Deep Conditioners: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Deep Fix, SS DDMT
    Stylers:
    KCCC
    Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
    Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
    Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

• Marci PieMarci Pie Registered Users Posts: 668 Curl Connoisseur
    I think You should go for it! Summer is the perfect time for it.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
    Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo, Cantu Quinoa Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair, Decadence No Poo
    Co-wash: Nourish Conditioner, Suave, Aussie Moist, Clairol Natural Blends Coconut
    Deep Conditioner: Loreal Total Repair Balm, Cantu Masque
    Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's), Decadence Conditioner
    Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Homemade Flax Seed Gel, Devacurl Ultradefining Gel, Coconut Oil
    Methods: Sleep with extra large satin bonnet. Able to get 7 day hair. Prior to getting 7 day:Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.
  • romigjamromigjam Registered Users Posts: 219
    Thank you so much for your support :) I just ordered some BB Mudd so I'm going to try that out, see how my curls are, then if it isn't working out, make my appointment.
    The only thing I'm worried about is my boyfriends reaction if I go for it. He says, "I don't care, it's hair and it will grow back. The thing I worry about is if you hate it." I was going to wait until September, after he goes to Ireland for an internship. That way he won't have to deal with me if I do hate it lol. But I'm getting antsy about it.
    2bc3a
    CG since December '09

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    Bucking the trend here, yes, it's only hair, and it will grow back, but... You do realize that with it that short, you will have absolutely no control over what it will do? And once you decide you've had enough, it will take a very long time to grow your hair out because of the spring factor. My hair wasn't that short when I found out about CGing, and started trying to grow it again -- after three years my hair still looks barely down to my shoulders, and is sometimes up around my ears.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • romigjamromigjam Registered Users Posts: 219
    Morgan_Adcock, thank you for the other side of the color wheel. I appreciate that. I have thought of these things though.

I've had a pixie before, so I have found the haircuts that are great for the in-between (my favorite was the a-line bob). It just wasn't a curly pixie when I got it last. I might not become bored of it either. My mother and I look alike, and she has had a pixie for years. Variations have kept her interested.

Sadly, my hair doesn't have as much shrinkage as I'd prefer. At it's best, it might be half an inch. So straight vs. curly isn't very different. But it does grow fast. It only took a year to grow my straight across bangs down to my shoulder. What I meant by "growing it out for over a year", is that I've been growing out and trimming the fried bits that suffered the straightening iron.

And last but not least, my hair has NEVER been controlled. Some days it is curly crazy, others it is limp as a soggy breadstick. The fact is, my hair takes an hour to get ready if I hurry, and I would LOVE to wake up and go to work with no hassle. That isn't possible right now with my mixed textures. I hope that made everyone a little more confident that I'm not just jumping into a crazy haircut lol. I do that with hair color, not the cut :)
    2bc3a
    CG since December '09

Leave a Comment