Starting a high protein plan

bliss611bliss611 Posts: 238Registered Users
Ok so I already do PT - every 2-4wks. And some of my products also have protein in them.

My hair seems to like protein but it's also very dry. So, I've been cautious of too much protein. (Not to mention, the whole process takes time with leaving it in and DC afterwards.)

But reading this board, I think I need a lot more protein. My hair especially at the ends is fuzzy - like soft tangled lint. And my canopy loses it's curl by the second day and it takes a lot to bring it back for 2nd day hair.

So, I'm trying out a month of LOTS of protein (with lots of moisture to balance it of course). I'm switching my co-wash & lo'poo to GTTT. And switching my RO to DermOrganic masque (just ordered it online yesterday). It's a protein cond that had great reviews on amazon. And I'm upping my Colorful NPF to weekly treatments followed by my Shea moisture masque. I already use the Giovanni LI for the summer.

Barring any adverse reactions, I want to see if my hair looks better in a month of doing all this.

Any other suggestionsfor adding protein? Or is this already overkill? :)
3B curls
Medium texture
Normal elasticity
High porosity

Comments

• naturalbeauty89naturalbeauty89 Posts: 22Registered Users
    Sounds like a good idea I was thinking of doing the same

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlTalk App
    I'm doing protective styles until january

• bliss611bliss611 Posts: 238Registered Users
    Just so you know - this went really really well for me.

My curls are tighter and bouncier and better formed. My hair is shinier and smoother.

I do think I need to up the moisture some more - getting dry ends. But that's normal for me anyway....
    3B curls
    Medium texture
    Normal elasticity
    High porosity
    That's good, I can't wait to see what happens for me.

• StayCStayC Posts: 107Registered Users
    I just got back my hair analysis back from the curl wizard and it told me I need protein, so I too am going to start a high protein regime. Can we give our hair too much protein?
    :queen:
    Hair Type : 3a
    Hair Texture - Fine
    Porosity - Normal
    Elasticity- Low

You Tube

IG: Polishedways

Every curly should get a hair analysis:occasion2:

event.png
  • bliss611bliss611 Posts: 238Registered Users
    StacyC - yes you can give your hair too much protein. Balancing protein & moisture can be tricky!

Hair gets brittle and dry with too much protein.

I think the best way to start is to do a PT (be sure to deep condition after - PTs can leave hair feeling hard). If your hair reacts well - do another one when the effect seems to have worn off (week or 2).

Or you can switch your regular rinse out for one with a good amount of protein in it.

Either way, make sure your hair has enough moisture to balance it out. Brittle hair is a good sign that you need to boost up the moisture.
    3B curls
    Medium texture
    Normal elasticity
    High porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file