Half and Half

EdenRoseEdenRose Posts: 181Registered Users
My hair is kinda weird. I mean I am happy with it. Its's just odd I had a hair cut about a month or so ago and i think i got most of my relaxed ends in the back with it but i still have some in the front so the back of my hair is just curly. Like wash and turns curly , i would say it's mostly all natural back there. But the front is like some new growth and straight. I can post a picture. I was just wondering if anyone else has the half and half look and what styles they use.I am currently using the straight half as a bang and using a headband as a divider
https://twitter.com/Lov3Revolution

Last Relaxer-March 2011
:occasion2:BC- 7-11-2011
When you get the choice to sit out or dance, I hope you dance <3

Hair Type: ?
Tons of whirls and curls and coils on my head. My hair's sometimes my best friend and other times we're at odds. But either way it's curls to the end. No need for a relaxer cause there's no reason to stress, my tresses are at their best
:wav:

Length goal : Shoulder Length :)

Comments

• TeflonVixenTeflonVixen Posts: 3Registered Users
    I have 3c hair (I'm guessing, I have yet to get too deep into figuring out my texture) and currently transitioning as well. My hair is the same, as in curly in the back but still straight in the front. The left side of my hair is way straighter, the relaxed ends AND where the hair has grown out whereas the right side is curly like the back.

I'm deployed at the moment so most of the time it's in some sort of bun or ponytial. Occasionally I'll do a big french braid, or french fishtail.

When I'm at home I use a banana clip to pull the hair back and I let it do it's own thing. I can tuck the straight ends from the front under the curls this way as well.
  • honeydreamhoneydream Posts: 2Registered Users
    I know exactly what you mean.. I had the half and half thing going on since I had gotten off relaxers. I recently went to a stylist to see if I could get some insight and to have a good wash.. I just cant seem to get the deep wash that I like myself. When she consulted me she said that most of my hair was natural and I had major new growth like 5'' worth of it plus its very thick.. my edges are the worst though.. they never want to lay down to save their lives... But, it might be better now that I have gotten a trim but, Its still below my shoulders.... I transitioned quicker than I thought I would... Less than a year..

EdenRose wrote: »
    My hair is kinda weird. I mean I am happy with it. Its's just odd I had a hair cut about a month or so ago and i think i got most of my relaxed ends in the back with it but i still have some in the front so the back of my hair is just curly. Like wash and turns curly , i would say it's mostly all natural back there. But the front is like some new growth and straight. I can post a picture. I was just wondering if anyone else has the half and half look and what styles they use.I am currently using the straight half as a bang and using a headband as a divider
  • EdenRoseEdenRose Posts: 181Registered Users
    honeydream wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean.. I had the half and half thing going on since I had gotten off relaxers. I recently went to a stylist to see if I could get some insight and to have a good wash.. I just cant seem to get the deep wash that I like myself. When she consulted me she said that most of my hair was natural and I had major new growth like 5'' worth of it plus its very thick.. my edges are the worst though.. they never want to lay down to save their lives... But, it might be better now that I have gotten a trim but, Its still below my shoulders.... I transitioned quicker than I thought I would... Less than a year..

that's kinda how i ended up BCing because i went to a hair dresser and she showed me how much new growth i had, and honestly i didn't think it was alot but when i thought about it's summer and why not go shorter if it means my everything is natural and start from scratch since my hair was growing fast anyway.

Last Relaxer-March 2011

Tons of whirls and curls and coils on my head. My hair's sometimes my best friend and other times we're at odds. But either way it's curls to the end. No need for a relaxer cause there's no reason to stress, my tresses are at their best

• honeydreamhoneydream Posts: 2Registered Users
    You are a brave one. I could not bring myself to do the big chop so, I stayed frustrated and worked with my hair for a while until I started getting single strand knots. I only cut a small amount. I would love to see how it looks on you. I bet its fab!
    honeydream wrote: »

that's kinda how i ended up BCing because i went to a hair dresser and she showed me how much new growth i had, and honestly i didn't think it was alot but when i thought about it's summer and why not go shorter if it means my everything is natural and start from scratch since my hair was growing fast anyway.
    i plan to take some pictures this weekend at the beach will post them as soon as i can

Last Relaxer-March 2011

picture :

curlycutme-1.jpg

Last Relaxer-March 2011

• Ruthie11Ruthie11 Posts: 77Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Very pretty...:D I have the same problem too...as long as the relaxed ends are still there, my hair looks awful no matter what I do to it...so frustrated and sad....

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
    Cowash-Tresseme Naturals
    Hair Type-3c-4a
    Leave in-Tresseme Naturals
    Gel-LA Sports Gel
    Cashmere Curls for shine

• NaturallyReceNaturallyRece Posts: 21Registered Users
    Same problem here too. I think I've finally built up the courage to cut it this weekend. We'll see if I go through with it. In the meantime I do cute buns to show off my waves and hide the raggedy permed ends. There are pics on my blog. http://AHairStory.Wordpress.com
    well since it's cut i am still waiting for more curls. i just have to grow it out alot more.

Last Relaxer-March 2011

• NaturallyReceNaturallyRece Posts: 21Registered Users
    I just cut mine on Friday! I love it. I don't think I can post pics here from my phone, but check out pics on my blog.

~ http://AHairStory.Wordpress.com ~
    I just cut mine on Friday! I love it. I don't think I can post pics here from my phone, but check out pics on my blog.

~ A Hair Story… ~
    how much did u cut?
    i kinda have a TWA at the moment so i have some curls and some hopefully coming in. Like half defined and half not yet there so i guess i am still half and half lol.

Last Relaxer-March 2011

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users

~ A Hair Story… ~
    how much did u cut?
    i kinda have a TWA at the moment so i have some curls and some hopefully coming in. Like half defined and half not yet there so i guess i am still half and half lol.

If you post a clearer picture, I'd probably be able to help you figure out your hair type.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
    will try to get a clearer shot, should be hair be wet or dry?

Last Relaxer-March 2011

• bellaviebellavie Posts: 64Registered Users
    I was tooo chicken to do the big chop. I just scrunch the straighter parts with light gel and try to get them to look more like the rest of my hair. If I deep condition its easier to accomplish.

~ Julie
    3b to 4a?

My Routine
    Pre-Poo:Conditioner & Avocado Oil or Jamaican Black Caster Oil or Coconut Oil
    Co-wash - One Hair for Dry Hair
    Moisturize - Coco curls or beija flore creme brulee
    Leave In - Shea Moisture Enhancing Smoothie
    Gel - Kinky Curly Custard, Deva Spray Gel
    Seal ends - Castor Oil

Weekly Routine:
    Deep Conditioner - Moroccan Oil Deep Conditioner or Caster Oil & Coconut Oil

Last Relaxer May 2006

http://thereddragonfly.blogspot.com/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file