20% off Shea Moisture

Walgreens.com is having a sale on all Shea Moisture products. It's online only, and they don't show an expiration date, but I'm guessing it's through Saturday (they usually change the sales on Sunday). Enjoy!
3b/3a, medium porosity, slightly coarse, high elasticity, high density. CG 2004; mod CG since 2006. CG again since 4/1/11.

Lowpoo:
Gudonya Salty Dawg (etsy), SM Moisture Retention
CO: Gudonya Intense (etsy), SM Restorative, Tresemme Naturals
LI: Gudonya IHC, SMCH Milk, Tresemme Nat, Biotera LI
Stylers (current rotation): AVG/H20 spray, Eco Styler, EVCO, SMCH smoothie and mist, La Bella LoC, ORS Lock & Twist.
Homemade DTs, PTs and Pre-Poos
Love flour sack towels.
Coconut oil = magic!

Comments

• CurlyMomCurlyMom Registered Users Posts: 334
    Thanks bluesheep, will def check it out! Btw, I see that you use Gudonya Salty Dawg and it really intrigues me. My hair looks great by the ocean because of the sea salt. What does this do for your hair? I'm fighting the urge to order some, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out!
    2c/3a/3b Fine/med texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
  • bluesheepbluesheep Registered Users Posts: 300
    Stop holding out. :) You can get a 4oz jar to try for $5 - go for it.

Be warned, it's weird. To me, the consistency is something between a cream and a clay (not modeling clay - like a clay face mask or something), and the salt makes it feel gritty. Also, I've been using it since last August and I still can't get it to lather, lol. I know Tina says in the description that it does, but darned if I can figure out how. That said, I feel like it cleanses really well, and in spite of the salt, it doesn't dry my hair out. I don't know that it will give you "beach hair", since it's not a styling product, but as a shampoo I like it a lot. I used it exclusively until recently, and now I trade off between that and Shea Moisture.

I also highly, highly recommend their conditioner. I use it as a RO and LI. It detangles really well and gives me great curl formation. Not to mention it smells fantastic! I've tried a number of their scents, and my favorite is Mayan Gold. Awesome....

I've tried most of their products. The Whipped Clean is really nice; the Whipped Shave is....meh. I used up the jar but won't reorder. I really like the Smoochie Bar. Stupid name, dopy packaging, but does exactly what it says it will. It's also lasted me a lot longer than Tina estimates in the description, which is good since I thought the price was pretty steep for 8 uses!

I let my curly sis try the shampoo and conditioner when I went to visit her, and I ended up going home with no shampoo and condish, lol. So try them out - great stuff! :thumbright:
    3b/3a, medium porosity, slightly coarse, high elasticity, high density. CG 2004; mod CG since 2006. CG again since 4/1/11.

Lowpoo:
    Stylers (current rotation): AVG/H20 spray, Eco Styler, EVCO, SMCH smoothie and mist, La Bella LoC, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Love flour sack towels.
    Coconut oil = magic!
  • CurlyMomCurlyMom Registered Users Posts: 334
    OK, I'm gonna do it! I'll also order the conditioner....my husband is gonna kill me, I'll have to hide it!

So I was gonna order the original citrus scent, they are the scents I lean towards, but I have to admit the Mayan Gold is interesting. I'm really not a big fan of musk tho, tends to give me a headache. How strong is the musk scent in the Mayan Gold?
    2c/3a/3b Fine/med texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
  • curlyberrycurlyberry Registered Users Posts: 549
    OMG! Thanks for the headsup! Bout to pull out my card for this one!
    Type 4, fine/high density, high porosity
    Last Relaxer - March '11
    BC - August '11

Fall/Winter PRODUCTS

Clarifier - Paul Mitchell Three Low-poos - BoBeam Conditioners - TJ Nourish Spa, CJRM!, Co-Wash - N/A, Leave-Ins - N/A, Moisturizers - Afroveda Coco Latte, QBCTDG, CR Moisture Butter, Sealants/Stylers - Any BASK butters and creams, Jane Carter N&S, QBATB
  • montREALadymontREALady Registered Users Posts: 1,210
    Still trying to decide what to try next. Thinking of the curl milk and one of the deep treatments, just not sure which one. I currently have the smoothie, raw shea poo, yucca condish and African scalp elixir.

Sent from my MB300 using CurlTalk App
  • fonkifonki Registered Users Posts: 353 Curl Neophyte
    bluesheep wrote: »
    Walgreens.com is having a sale on all Shea Moisture products. It's online only, and they don't show an expiration date, but I'm guessing it's through Saturday (they usually change the sales on Sunday). Enjoy!

Thanks so much!
  • curlyberrycurlyberry Registered Users Posts: 549
    Curl milk (pink label) is really good for detangling and moisturizing, imo. Does just what it says.
    Type 4, fine/high density, high porosity
    Last Relaxer - March '11
    BC - August '11

Fall/Winter PRODUCTS

Clarifier - Paul Mitchell Three Low-poos - BoBeam Conditioners - TJ Nourish Spa, CJRM!, Co-Wash - N/A, Leave-Ins - N/A, Moisturizers - Afroveda Coco Latte, QBCTDG, CR Moisture Butter, Sealants/Stylers - Any BASK butters and creams, Jane Carter N&S, QBATB
  • Heaven88Heaven88 Registered Users Posts: 148
    Yay <3 thanks

Heaven Leigh Méndez
    Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
  • montREALadymontREALady Registered Users Posts: 1,210
    Went with the thickening milk and deep treatment masque.

Sent from my MB300 using CurlTalk App
    I ended up with the African Black Soap Shampoo, raw shea body wash, and re-upped my raw shea shampoo. Of course they don't carry the balancing condish so I paid full price @ Target. I've already got the whole Coconut Hibiscus line (minus the shampoo). I need to buy stock in SM!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Lowpoo:
    Love flour sack towels.
    Coconut oil = magic!
    CurlyMom wrote: »
    OK, I'm gonna do it! I'll also order the conditioner....my husband is gonna kill me, I'll have to hide it!

So I was gonna order the original citrus scent, they are the scents I lean towards, but I have to admit the Mayan Gold is interesting. I'm really not a big fan of musk tho, tends to give me a headache. How strong is the musk scent in the Mayan Gold?

I just realized I never answered you - so sorry!

Mayan Gold is hard to describe. It's not musky so much as... woodsy? resiny? Dunno. It's a strange blend of a sweetish, fruity smell, with deeper woody, resin-type notes underneath. Fascinating. My husbeast is NOT a fan of patchouli or musk, or even sandalwood, but he really likes it. It's like the fruity top notes balance out the underlying musky/woody notes; the deeper notes round out and take the edge off the fruity top notes. Make any sense at all? I am a fan of musks, woods, and patchouli, and NOT a fan of most fruity smells (except sharp citrus smells like lime or grapefruit) so take this for what it's worth. Actually, I would be glad to send you a tiny sample for you to smell before you order - I know the disappointment of getting something you hate. Happened to me the first time, when I ordered Tahitian Vanilla. Blech! IMO, it reeks, but it's their most popular scent. Go figure. If you're interested, PM me. :)

Lowpoo:
    Love flour sack towels.
    Coconut oil = magic!
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Curl Neophyte
    I have the milk but am not sure how to use it. I was using it as a LI under my styling cream. What do you think? OK? It's not really a curl cream.
    I also have Mandarin Magic. Are the two redundant?
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file